Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sanmi Odelusi hopes scoring streak will lead to more first team chances

+3
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Young Wanderers striker Sanmi Odelusi hopes his recent goals for the second-string have improved his chances of more first-team action heading into a busy December.

The 20-year-old forward followed up his Manchester Senior Cup goal against Bury last week with a brace against Barnsley in the Premier League U21 Cup on Tuesday night.

It is a reminder of the Londoner’s eye for goal and may have given Dougie Freedman a nudge as he looks to the weekend trip to Watford.

The manager has shown faith in Odelusi already this season with regular cameos from the bench and starts in two Capital One Cup ties – the first of which saw him score twice at Shrewsbury.

And after a loan move for Cardiff front man Joe Mason fell through last week, Odelusi is likely to step up to the senior travelling party again this weekend.

He appreciates, however, he is still learning his trade and vows to keep working hard to stay in Freedman’s thoughts.

Odelusi, who recently signed a contract extension until 2016, said: “It’s about getting my head down and continuing to work hard and giving it my all in every training session.

“I want to be pushing for more first-team appearances.

“There will be ups and downs but it is about the way you handle different situations and scenarios that make you as a person.

“Hopefully, I’ll get my chance because I want to show people how much it means for me to be here.

“I have to keep moving on, remaining focused and hopefully the next opportunity I get, I can show everyone what I can do all over again.”

Odelusi’s form last season in the Under-21 set-up saw him promoted to the senior squad and while he has made six first-team appearances this term, he has also been in good form for Jamie Fullarton’s reserves when called upon, netting four goals in five starts.

It is a scoring record Freedman himself would be proud of as a former striker and Odelusi believes working with the Scot and the experienced attackers at the club can only make him a better goalscorer.

He added: “Since the manager and his staff came in, I feel they have helped to develop my game both on and off the pitch and long may that continue.

“The gaffer has shown faith in me which is fantastic – he’s really good at encouraging us as players and he is there for you more than anything. He was a great player who scored lots of goals during his career so I’m grateful to get the opportunity to work alongside him.

“There are so many great players at the club that I look up to as well.

“We have the likes of Chris Eagles who has played in the Premier League and other attack-minded players like myself, such as Chung-Yong Lee and Jermaine Beckford.

“When you’re young, you cannot beat learning from those who have already experienced what you want.

“It has been such an exciting journey at Bolton Wanderers over the past few years, but there are definitely plenty more things to come.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Young Wanderers striker Sanmi Odelusi hopes his recent goals for the second-string have improved his chances of more first-team action heading into a busy December.
The poor deluded fool.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least he shows passion. When we scored our second at Bournemouth he ran to the crowd and got a hug from a supporter which earned him a yellow card. I like what I have seen of Sanmi so far.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like him too, he looks promising.

Lets hope he keeps improving .

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The other Kid Clough looked better he scored two better goals and made the First, looked really classy.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We'll, if they're good enough, we can look forward to them becoming regular starters next season. After the exodus.

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I am excited by how Odelusi has improved over the past 12 months. I think his head is in the right place and seems very committed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum