Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Speak English Only at Domino Pizza.

+4
boltonbonce
scottjames30
karlypants
Soul Kitchen
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Empty Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Wed Nov 27 2013, 20:33

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2513779/Domino-Pizzas-tones-order-stop-employees-speaking-foreign-languages-work.html

Ffs how daft does this country get? Do I need a translator for my ham and mushroom pizza?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2513779/Domino-Pizzas-tones-order-stop-employees-speaking-foreign-languages-work.html

Ffs how daft does this country get? Do I need a translator for my ham and mushroom pizza?
Maybe they should put the menu up in pictures so you can just point at the one you want Laughing

Soul Kitchen wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2513779/Domino-Pizzas-tones-order-stop-employees-speaking-foreign-languages-work.html

Have you actually read the article? Or just got annoyed because you saw it involved foreigners?

Dominoes want staff to speak English, some of the staff don't like it, so what?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here he goes Laughing 

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Qu'est-ce que le monde à venir.Mad

scottjames30 wrote:Here he goes Laughing 
Im genuinely baffled as to what he's annoyed about in this case!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:

Have you actually read the article? Or just got annoyed because you saw it involved foreigners?

No, I've not read the article, just doing some fishing for a humourless, argumentative cnut! Didn't take long to get a bite did it? Very Happy

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

If they are working in the UK then it should be a prerequisite to employment that you have to speak English. It is our principal language. If the vast majority of the people in the British Isle happen to speak the recognised international language then it's hardly fair to expect us to speak anything else.

I'm relieved to be honest, I really didn't think anybody would be thick enough to be outraged by such a non-story.

No surprise your a daily mail reader by the way, right up your street! Laughing

10Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Empty Re: Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Wed Nov 27 2013, 21:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our principal language is English and always has been. It's also the main language of most of our international partners so I don't think it's asking too much to make sure that people working over here should have a grasp of our lingo.

11Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Empty Re: Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Wed Nov 27 2013, 21:58

Reebok Trotter wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

If they are working in the UK then it should be a prerequisite to employment that you have to speak English. It is our principal language. If the vast majority of the people in the British Isle happen to speak the recognised international language then it's hardly fair to expect us to speak anything else.
Nobodies been expected to speak anything else though RT, all it's said is that Dominoes wanted the staff to speak English to each other at work. I agree that they should certainly speak English to customers, but I don't think that's ever been in question.

I don't feel strongly either way about it to be honest, it's a non-story IMO.

12Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Empty Re: Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Wed Nov 27 2013, 21:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I'm relieved to be honest, I really didn't think anybody would be thick enough to be outraged by such a non-story.

Who mentioned the Daily Mail?

13Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Empty Re: Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Wed Nov 27 2013, 22:01

That was a reply to SK not you RT. He posted the article from the Daily Mail, I only mention it as he likes to accuse me of being a PC Guardian reading puff etc etc.

14Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Empty Re: Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Wed Nov 27 2013, 22:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

74, I have just read the full article and I stand corrected. You are right, in that it refers to staff talking amongst themselves rather than customers. In that case, I don't have a problem with it. If there are five Poles and one Englishman working in a shop then I don't see any reason why the Poles can't converse in their own language amongst themselves.

15Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Empty Re: Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Wed Nov 27 2013, 22:07

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:That was a reply to SK not you RT. He posted the article from the Daily Mail, I only mention it as he likes to accuse me of being a PC Guardian reading puff etc etc.
I don't give a flying fook what you read, and as you openly admit you don't do banter, you like to argue, you like to post stupid dancing stick figures and you are incapable of starting any threads.
Perhaps if we all behaved like that then Forums wouldn't exist!?!Very Happy
Furthermore I stand to correct you that I have openly stated you are a puff!! I may think you are though.

16Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Empty Re: Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Wed Nov 27 2013, 22:12

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:I'm relieved to be honest, I really didn't think anybody would be thick enough to be outraged by such a non-story.

Try again with your Daily Mail bit, there are better Tory rags to read than that.

17Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Empty Re: Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Wed Nov 27 2013, 22:18

I've no idea what the point of that last post was SK. To be honest Im sick of reading these sort of posts about me from you, I rarely understand what on earth you're on about and I certainly can't be bothered with the attempted digs.

Clearly I've got to you, so try just ignoring me instead of posting this nonsense.

18Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Empty Re: Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Wed Nov 27 2013, 22:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen is the biggest dick on this site.

19Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Empty Re: Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Wed Nov 27 2013, 22:24

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Soul Kitchen is the biggest dick on this site.
Says who??????

20Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Empty Re: Speak English Only at Domino Pizza. Wed Nov 27 2013, 22:24

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Soul Kitchen is the biggest dick on this site.
Pity your legs have been shut for ten years eh Nat?Wink 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum