Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time

+8
Culcheth_White
scottjames30
Mr Magoo
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Angry Dad
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Fri 6 Dec - 20:30

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Wholemeal bread bad for you, fucking hell I've just changed to it, Hovis, from that seeded bread read somewhere it was not that healthy for you.

22Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Fri 6 Dec - 20:30

Cheers, Bonce.

That Paul Hollywood knows nowt.....Very Happy

23Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Fri 6 Dec - 20:41

Sorry Banksy, wholemeal bread has loads of refined white sugar in it and something called Chocmalt to give it a nice brown colour.

They do use wholemeal flour (as opposed to white), but if they didn't put the Chocmalt in, it'd just look like a white loaf with bits in.

Try making your own, mate. It's dead easy.

24Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Fri 6 Dec - 20:42

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Breadman recipes please

25Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Fri 6 Dec - 20:48

Strong white bread flour with a high protein content.

Yeast.

Water.

Salt. (A pinch)

It's THAT easy.

26Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Fri 6 Dec - 21:13

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Ok Breadman... what was the movie 'Prometheus' REALLY about?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

27Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Fri 6 Dec - 21:24

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman wrote:Culcheth,

It's not that it's bad for you (although I would avoid Wholemeal bread, as it's got more sugar in it than a bucket full of doughnuts), but it just tastes poor because of all the gunk they put in it to make it last longer.

Not sure what goes on in "in-store" bakeries, as I've never worked in one, but given that the Tiger bread we get from Tesco tastes fine and goes stale after 24 hours, I'd imagine that they don't use the same preservatives you see in commercial plant bakeries.

As for bread-makers, I use ours to mix and prove the dough, then I take it out, shape it and bake it in a tin in the oven.

Crank your oven as high as it'll go because that initial burst of heat is what gives your loaf its spring and lift. And if you want a nice crisp crust, chuck a cup of water onto the bottom of the oven as soon as you put the dough in to create some steam. Then, for the first five or so minutes, use one of those spray bottles people use for spraying plants to periodically wet the top of the loaf. A couple of times should do it.

While you're on, I'd like to apologise for my comments last week on that other thread.

Sometimes I can be an insensitive prick and I'm truly sorry for my comments.
Cheers Breadman, I think fresh bread seems to be the best bet and I'll tell my Mrs to stay clear of the supermarket stuff, unless it's freshly baked. (still confused a little) 

Don't worry about last week, life's too short and I don't hold grudges. :drinks:

28Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Fri 6 Dec - 21:31

Keegs, haven't got a fuckin' clue mate. I think the suggestion is that the big aliens travelled round the galaxy, melting themselves into the water to introduce their DNA and thus start life on new planets.

Or it could all be a visual metaphor for something about being nice to chickens and stuff. I dunno.....

Culcheth, cheers for being so magnanimous but I really felt the need to apologise because what I said was complete insensitive bollocks and I was being an arse.

29Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Fri 6 Dec - 21:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Culcheth,

but given that the Tiger bread we get from Tesco tastes fine
We buy Tiger bread from Morrisons and it tastes delicious.

30Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Fri 6 Dec - 21:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Culcheth, cheers for being so magnanimous but I really felt the need to apologise because what I said was complete insensitive bollocks and I was being an arse.
No harm done. We all say things we don't actually mean and Culcheth has broad shoulders.

31Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Fri 6 Dec - 21:43

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Breadman wrote:

No harm done. We all say things we don't actually mean and Culcheth has broad shoulders.
Are you saying he is a fat bastard.

32Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Fri 6 Dec - 23:45

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I know a fair bit a about the bread companies or used to breadman.
I used to drive the big bread trucks a long time ago now for British  Bakeries which was Mothers pride, then they called it windmill then Hovis all changed to make it sound healthier, Allied bakeries was sunblest changed to kingsmill again to make it sound more healthy. So basically everyone's still eating mothers pride and sunblest under new names. Warburtons had a lot more salt in it than the others i read awhile ago so we stay clear of theirs. I used to work the clubs at night then go straight to the bakery in wigan to pick up my truck, did'nt get much sleep in those days as i worked in the day as well .Hovis used to be a small loaf of brown in colour with an unusual taste now they seem to call all their bread hovis.

33Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Fri 6 Dec - 23:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like that Irish soda bread. Goes down well with a bit of cheese and a pint.

34Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Fri 6 Dec - 23:54

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Milk loaf good for a nice sandwich.

35Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Fri 6 Dec - 23:58

"Allied bakeries was sunblest changed to kingsmill again to make it sound more healthy."

They still make Sunblest at Stockport to keep the name alive in the Kingsmill bakery but it's more of an after-thought. Nobody really buys it anymore.

Yeah, you're right, we're all still eating the same shit in a new bag.

The "Big 3", Warbies, Allied and British Bakeries (Hovis) have got it stitched up pretty much.

It's all shite but it paid my mortgage off  by the age of 40, so I shouldn't complain.

It is shit bread though.....

36Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Fri 6 Dec - 23:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:Milk loaf good for a nice sandwich.
It's a bastard to spread butter on if the butter isn't really soft. Makes a right mess of it. Smooth peanut butter and cheese goes well on it though.

37Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Sat 7 Dec - 0:00

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

When I was a lad a job on the bread was a gold mine, with all the fiddling off the poor Shopkeepers.

The Pop lads did the same.

Unfortunately I didn't work for either.

38Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Sat 7 Dec - 0:07

Soda bread - Yes, good rustic bread without shit in it so you can taste the goodness.

Milk Loaf......absolute wank developed during the war when wheat was in short supply and some twat at "The Ministry" decided that a smaller, round loaf would be a good gimmick that housewives would fall for.

It's Standard White on a smaller scale, but 'cause it's tubular, it suggests that it's something "special".

And then the "Nimble" people picked up on it in the 70's with their whole "balloons and blonde birds" shtick and it became accepted that it was a good thing. Bollocks!

And you can't fit a piece of corned-beef on it.

Twats.....

39Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Sat 7 Dec - 0:13

Banks of the Croal wrote:When I was a lad a job on the bread was a gold mine, with all the fiddling off the poor Shopkeepers.

The Pop lads did the same.

Unfortunately I didn't work for either.
Spot on, Banksy.

There was more fiddling going on at Allied in Stockport (and probably at Warbies) in the 80's than in The Royal Philharmonic.

The van drivers were all driving home in Beemers and Mercs and buying holiday homes on The Costa.

They sacked 'em all in the end and started again.

When I worked there, if you went on the sick, you got assigned to "Basket Recovery" which was driving round the north west, picking up bread trays from corner shops and issuing Abdul with a stern warning about not returning trays.

I loved that job.

I faked a broken leg to get on that gig.....

40Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Sat 7 Dec - 0:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Might try some rye bread,never had it before. I did try sourdough bread and it was vile.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum