Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your biggest win (lotto etc)

+5
Culcheth_White
gloswhite
doffcocker
Banks of the Croal
Bolton Nuts
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 01:05

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I won 25 quid on the lotto last week and was equally thrilled and disappointed. The first three numbers out were mine, I thought I was going to get the jackpot. But it stayed at three. Oh well.

What's your biggest gaming/gambling win?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 01:20

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Once had three doubles and a treble up back in the 60s, Glorious Goodwood,over £200, lot of money back then.

Lottery, £75.

Premium Bonds, quite a few £50s and one £100 over the years.

3Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 02:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I haven't bought a lottery ticket in the three years that it's been legal to.

But I've bought countless "Bollocks Bingo" tickets at one of my locals' quiz nights, and won fuck all.

4Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 04:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I won £30 at Caesars Palace in Vegas on a slot machine, and lost it all within about 10 minutes. Won £100 in a quiz I entered for my bank, a few years ago, it helped me pay my overdraft charges.

5Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 08:46

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

4K split between nine of us on the pools back in 1990.

6Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 09:11

Like Glos, I once won $250 in Vegas on roulette in The Monte Carlo then blew the lot in about 5 minutes because I was pissed on their "free" booze. 

It was the night before my wedding and Mrs B wasn't too chuffed....

Biggest win over here was at Cheltenham when I stuck 120 quid on Rooster Booster at 4/7.

Again, I was pissed, but I soon sobered up when he nearly got caught coming up the hill.....

7Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 09:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i won £125 of a 2.50 bet that Elmander would score first and draw 1-1 with West Brom a few years ago, my lucks been shit ever since.

8Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 10:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A couple of million tonight when all my six numbers come in .

9Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 11:05

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

£190 won on Bolton to beat Oldham in 2004/5 in the FA Cup, bet £100 (biggest bet in my life), luckily we won 1-0 but they were all over us in the last 15 mins or so.

10Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 11:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Put £20 on a 66/1 shot in a big handicap a long time back. It won! Think it was called Moscow mist.Must look it up one day just to see when it was.

11Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 11:37

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Breadman, living in Cheltenham I often see the guys , usually the Irish contingent, who have wadfuls of money on them. When they are here they have a cracking time, and they lose, or win thousands a day. For them its easy come, easy go.

12Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 12:06

I know, Glos, they're mental aren't they? Not sure I'd be so relaxed.....

I envy you living down there, mate, because it's beautiful country.

We stayed in Chipping Campden and my wife fell in love with the place.

13Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 12:06

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Put £20 on a 66/1 shot in a big handicap a long time back. It won! Think it was called Moscow mist.Must look it up one day just to see when it was.

http://www.racingpost.com/horses/result_home.sd?race_id=204874&r_date=1996-08-01&popup=yes#results_top_tabs=re_&results_bottom_tabs=ANALYSIS

14Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 13:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't think it was that long ago. Cheers for that mate,well found. Very Happy

15Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 14:13

I'm no financial expert, but I think that winning £1320 in 1996 would be like winning about £1.4 million in today's money.

Did you buy a yacht, Bonce?

(I might be wrong, though......)

16Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 16:42

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing 

17Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 18:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A grand went in the bank Breadman,the rest was frittered away in the Dun Mare pub.

18Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 19:07

I used to drink in the "Dunny" all the time but it's gone right down hill nowadays.

Serious bit now (ie not made up for comic effect): It's up for sale and we were thinking of buying it and converting it into a diner, now that the council have announced the big development just up the road.

19Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 19:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If that happens I'll be in for a freebie. I'm sure you'd have decent bread.

20Your biggest win (lotto etc) Empty Re: Your biggest win (lotto etc) Sat Dec 14 2013, 19:51

You're on, mate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum