Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Biggest Rip-Off

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Biggest Rip-Off Empty Biggest Rip-Off Fri Jan 20 2012, 20:04

So many things are currently a rip off in this country.

It costs me £8 to get my hair cut badly, £1.98 for a bag of giant cadburys buttons and £3.50 for a pint in my local.

But the biggest rip off in Britain has got to be hotels. I'm currently trying to find a hotel in Stratford-upon-Avon for a few nights to treat my missus for our 10th wedding anniversary.

I'm not looking at 5 star hotels or anything silly, just 3 and 4 star hotels with a bar and restaurant. Cheapest so far for a three night stay is £320, and that's only if I pay the whole lot in advance now with no option to cancel at a later date. Add travel and food on top of that and you've spent £600 before you even start to explore the town.

Yes, hotels are a fecking rip-off. I bet they're making 80% profit per room.

What else is a complete rip-off?

2Biggest Rip-Off Empty Re: Biggest Rip-Off Fri Jan 20 2012, 20:11

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Energy prices for me, just feel i'm being ripped off good and proper.

3Biggest Rip-Off Empty Re: Biggest Rip-Off Fri Jan 20 2012, 20:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All hotels in Stratford-upon-Avon are pricey because you are in the heart of the Cotswolds. We visited Stratford and Broadway but stayed in the Crown and Cushion Hotel in Chipping Norton and a double room ( out of season ) was only £50 per night. Moreton-in-the-Marsh and Stow-in-the-Wold are also within striking distance.

4Biggest Rip-Off Empty Re: Biggest Rip-Off Fri Jan 20 2012, 20:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You are right about energy prices. Six months ago the energy companies put their prices up by 15% and now they tell us they are reducing their prices by 5% as if they are doing us a favour. We are still paying 10% too much.

5Biggest Rip-Off Empty Re: Biggest Rip-Off Fri Jan 20 2012, 20:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

One thing that I never can get my head around is student discount!

My daughter is still in school and if she goes in to places like a clothes shop or HMV has to pay full price for anything she wants - whilst people 18 and upwards get discount for showing their student id's.

How can that be fair?

Oh and the Liberal's U turn on tuition fees (and free places in Scotland for resident's etc) - how is that fair to the rest of the kids from this summer on?

Particularly when the Bank of Dad will be helping them out with the cost of food, travel accommodation, etc for the 3 or more years of their degree courses as well!

6Biggest Rip-Off Empty Re: Biggest Rip-Off Fri Jan 20 2012, 20:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have you noticed how kids nowadays seem to want to stay at school as long as possible and then go on to College or UNI ? I left school at 18 and couldn't wait. Mind you, there were a lot more jobs available back then.

P.S. Those PIPS were another rip-off. £ 5,000 for a pair of defective balloons! Those snail scoffers must have been laughing all the way to the bank.

7Biggest Rip-Off Empty Re: Biggest Rip-Off Fri Jan 20 2012, 20:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

An obvious one but the cost of football is ridiculous. Someone told me last week it cost them £12 to get into Bamber Bridge. £12 to watch pub football!

8Biggest Rip-Off Empty Re: Biggest Rip-Off Sat Jan 21 2012, 09:01

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Petrol and diesel....

Take of the tax and all the heavy duty on Petrol and prices would only be about 35p/litre

Then there is diesel... I remember a time when diesel prices were about 6p/litre cheaper than petrol but nowadays its the other way round - why? At least on the continent its still cheaper than petrol.

9Biggest Rip-Off Empty Re: Biggest Rip-Off Sat Jan 21 2012, 09:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were conned into believing that diesel was the fuel of the future. Much cheaper than petrol and you got more to the gallon. Once enough of us got suckered into buying a diesel car, the price of it overtook petrol. Another government manipulation of the masses.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum