Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Be Careful When Buying Bacon and Beer

+5
doffcocker
guest66
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
Soul Kitchen
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Be Careful When Buying Bacon and Beer Empty Be Careful When Buying Bacon and Beer Mon Dec 23 2013, 07:43

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This really is a step too far. I doubt there are many Muslims who would do this but those who do shouldn't be employed in such a position.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:This really is a step too far. I doubt there are many Muslims who would do this but those who do shouldn't be employed in such a position.

Exactly. A Muslim chef got a job working for the Met Police in one of their canteens. On his first day at work it was explained to him that he would have to make full English breakfasts and would have to handle bacon and pork sausages. He refused and was dismissed. He took the Met to an employment tribunal but lost his appeal because the tribunal took the correct view that the handling of pork products would have been part and parcel of his everyday job and he knew this when he took the job.

guest66

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

If that happened to me i would simply walk out whilst giving whoever it was a bit of verbal too.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can see this policy by M&S causing nothing but aggro. Customers are going to get seriously pissed off if they have to change queues with a pile of shopping. It might be easier if M&S put up signs above the tills identifying Muslim staff.

" Muslim Cashier. No Pork or Alcohol " That should do the trick though I'm not sure how it will help the blind.

There's an obvious joke in there about using their noses, but I'm not going to do it because I've already been banned from one website this week and I quite like this one......

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:There's an obvious joke in there about using their noses......

Laughing 

When I were a child they always used to say an apple a day kept the doctor away. Nowadays, I have found that a bacon sandwich works a treat.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Be careful if you want a ham and mushroom pizza or a ham and pineapple one. Check them takeaway leaflets you get through the door, it's turkey not oinker!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's funny that in trying to be all good and proper, M&S have just given the papers a story to stir up racial tension with, which is sad given that, as 74 says, it's hard to imagine many muslims actually doing this.

By the way, does anybody actually shop at M&S here? I've never bought anything from M&S, and I couldn't feel less like I'm missing out.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:By the way, does anybody actually shop at M&S here? I've never bought anything from M&S, and I couldn't feel less like I'm missing out.
That's where our Xmas Turkey has just come from.

Last year, my Mother in law bought our Turkey from M&S and she said she paid around £25 for one that would cater for 8/10 people. I thought that was very cheap for a Turkey from M&S, especially, because they were even cheaper than Asda.

The next day, my Mrs went around to her Mum's and she opened the fridge to see this bargain Turkey, the bargain Turkey, in fact turned out to be a very expensive Chicken!

My mother in law is Irish, that's if I'm allowed to say that.  Very Happy

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing  You should have kept quiet until you sat down to eat and then commented that the Turkey tasted like Chicken. I have never tried Chicken and Cranberry sauce.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
doffcocker wrote:By the way, does anybody actually shop at M&S here? I've never bought anything from M&S, and I couldn't feel less like I'm missing out.
That's where our Xmas Turkey has just come from.

Last year, my Mother in law bought our Turkey from M&S and she said she paid around £25 for one that would cater for 8/10 people. I thought that was very cheap for a Turkey from M&S, especially, because they were even cheaper than Asda.

The next day, my Mrs went around to her Mum's and she opened the fridge to see this bargain Turkey, the bargain Turkey, in fact turned out to be a very expensive Chicken!

My mother in law is Irish, that's if I'm allowed to say that.  Very Happy

lol! 

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:It's funny that in trying to be all good and proper, M&S have just given the papers a story to stir up racial tension with, which is sad given that, as 74 says, it's hard to imagine many muslims actually doing this.

By the way, does anybody actually shop at M&S here? I've never bought anything from M&S, and I couldn't feel less like I'm missing out.

My mum buys clothes from there and at xmas we do buy their brand biscuits and the like but that's about it.

I have heard that their 2 dine in for £10 are rather good although I have never tried them.  Smile 

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One thing about the article though is that didn't M&S say in the paper that their sales were down quite a lot? and now there is an uproar now about muslims refusing to serve people for pork and alcohol!

I would understand if they were being forced to eat it but they are just handling it FFS!, I would sack the fuckers who refused.

Well done M&S for alienating what custom you have left!  :clap:

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

I have heard that their 2 dine in for £10 are rather good although I have never tried them.  Smile 

They are rather good. Their Beef Stroganoff is delicious.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:
doffcocker wrote:It's funny that in trying to be all good and proper, M&S have just given the papers a story to stir up racial tension with, which is sad given that, as 74 says, it's hard to imagine many muslims actually doing this.

My mum buys clothes from there and at xmas we do buy their brand biscuits and the like but that's about it.

Is pork on the two for a tenner menu? Very Happy 

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Did some food shopping for Christmas today. Spent £78 in M&S, £87 in Waitrose, and bought quite a bit that we'd forgotten, in Morrisons, for £17. I'm sure Nat will confirm that with the first two you get the quality, and the third you get the quantity.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be fair the only people who are in uproar are very xenophobic. Those using religion against religion are normally those who don't even go to Church and yet complain about the number of Chuches closing and the number of Mosques opening - without actually minding that places of worship for other religions is actually increasing as well!!!!

Who, here, hasn't used religion to their advantage t some stage or another. I know for a fact when I used to work for a call centre (based at Parklands) I used religion to make sure I didn't work Sunday - although I am completely agnostic.

Fact is here is that some manager fouled up by placing that person on a food cashier instead of a non-food cashier or even a non-cashier role. There are plenty of roles that staff can undertake without actually having to go near food or alcohol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum