Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit?

+3
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Fri Nov 27 2015, 20:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adele's new album "25" has sold more than 800,000 copies in its first week of release - the highest ever figure for a single UK chart week.

That is staggering.

Genuine question, who the fuck is buying this utter shite?

I just don't get it. Her music is as bland as she is.

Is this what music has become, middle of the road bullshit?

2Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Fri Nov 27 2015, 20:12

Basically yes, that's exactly what mainstream music has become.

The day that Hello song dropped a few weeks ago every girl in my office was gassing about it, it sounds the exact same as her mopey first album, apparently innovation doesn't matter to Adele fans because she's 'real' (speaks with an accent).

3Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Fri Nov 27 2015, 20:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Basically yes, that's exactly what mainstream music has become.

Then I am saddened, particularly if that's what young people want.

Where's the rebellion? Where has the rock n roll gone?

4Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Fri Nov 27 2015, 20:24

I've been saying this for a while.

Any world in which a band like the utterly "Coldplay-lite" Courteeners can be described as "indie" is a world which has lost its way.

And don't get me started on Elbow.

I would honestly rather listen to Leonard Cohen.

If Rock and Roll was a curry, Elbow would be a Korma.

(With extra coconut milk.)

5Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Fri Nov 27 2015, 20:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm showing laudable self restraint.

It would be so easy.

But I won't do it.

6Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Fri Nov 27 2015, 20:47

Leave it....!

Where do we stand on Skyfall, by the way?

I'm not an Adele fan by any means (for the reasons cited above) but you can't beat a good Bond theme and I actually like it.

(Although the new one by that fella with the square head's shit.)

7Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Fri Nov 27 2015, 21:26

A lot of my friends love that sorry excuse for a rapper Drake. It came out not long ago he uses ghost writers, apparently that's normal in modern hip hop, what a complete joke that is.

8Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Fri Nov 27 2015, 21:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:A lot of my friends love that sorry excuse for a rapper Drake. It came out not long ago he uses ghost writers, apparently that's normal in modern hip hop, what a complete joke that is.

Drake and friends is the sort of shit that makes me shake my head.

All that great hip-hop out there and people buy fucking Drake.

9Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Fri Nov 27 2015, 23:16

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:I've been saying this for a while.

Any world in which a band like the utterly "Coldplay-lite" Courteeners can be described as "indie" is a world which has lost its way.

The decline of Elbow is tragic. The first album, Asleep At The Back, was amazing but I agree with the korma reference. Such a shame.

For Leonard Cohen, check out I'm Your Fan: The Songs of Leonard Cohen. It's a bunch of covers by the likes of The Pixies, Ian McColloch, House of Love, John Cale, Lloyd Cole, Nick Cave etc. By far the best and only way to listen to his songs - anyone but him singing them.

Sadly, the 'indie' title seems to have been stolen by shit like Arcade Fire, The Killers and that whole category of sickly soft pop/rock pretty boy wank - in the same way that garbage like Avril Lavigne claimed to be punk. Its all a fucking joke.

I hear there is a new Wedding Present album in the works though!

10Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Sat Nov 28 2015, 06:10

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Justin Bieber's music rocks, I'd rather buy his album than that long haired short arse Rod look at me Stewart.

This modern music is miles better than that boring old crap.

11Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Sat Nov 28 2015, 09:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I've been saying this for a while.

you need to come to some gigs with me Breaders, indie is still alive and well. I agree about the Courteneers they are shit but i still have a soft spot for Elbow.

12Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Sat Nov 28 2015, 10:36

Cheers fellas.

I've just checked out the Cohen covers album on Youtube and bought it for seven quid on Amazon.

Tidy!

Mrs B can moan all she wants, if I'm doing the driving, it's my car, my rules, my music.

And as for the gig offer, cheers Mr Pig.

No mosh pits though - bad knee.  Very Happy

13Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Sat Nov 28 2015, 10:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ironic that a thread moaning about middle of the road shite has now turned into a middle of the road shite appreciation thread.

14Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Sat Nov 28 2015, 10:43

Yeah, 'cause Nick Cave doing Leonard Cohen covers is definitely MOR, isn't it....?

Fucking knob.

15Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Sat Nov 28 2015, 10:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Definitely. I've seen more balls in a netball team.

And covers? Write your own stuff Mr Cave.

16Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Sat Nov 28 2015, 10:48

Natasha Whittam wrote:Definitely. I've seen more balls in a netball team.

Well you may well have seeing as you probably play in the Preston & District LGBT League: Division 6, so I'm not disputing that but it doesn't really prove anything, does it?

17Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Sat Nov 28 2015, 10:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:nuts:
Stop bloody moaning.
I was taken to see this. AS A TREAT. 

18Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Sat Nov 28 2015, 10:51

I can recommend the new Little Mix album, some classsics on that

19Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Sat Nov 28 2015, 11:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Definitely. I've seen more balls in a netball team.

Laughing

20Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Empty Re: Adele - Who Is Buying This Shit? Sat Nov 28 2015, 17:17

To be sang to the tune of adeles hello

Hello, it's me, I was wondering
If after all these years you'd like to buy us and get everything
We might not get relegated, yeah
But promotion will have to wait

Hello, can you hear me?
I'm in middlebrook dreaming about who we used to be
When players were decent and free
I've forgotten how it felt before coyle left us in shit

There's such a difference between us
One madine too many

Hello from the lower league