Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Malkay Mackay sacked...

+10
Soul Kitchen
rammywhite
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
xmiles
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
BoltonTillIDie
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 13:58

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He has been sacked today

2Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 14:02

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:He has been sacked today

Glad he has - not for him, to be fair, but it means he now gets a compensation package from Tan, wwhere if he had resigned he would have got nowt. Also means the fans will be more on Tan's back than ever before.

Hopefully they will drive that barsteward out of the club and country!

3Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 14:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Got to feel for the guy but at least he will be entitled to compensation and will no doubt be managing another club very shortly. West Brom maybe?

4Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 14:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What can you expect from an owner who wears his pants so high he breathes through his flies. The man has no class whatsoever.

5Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 14:53

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Given Tan's footballing judgement I suspect Coyle has already sent him his CV. Remember he's the best he's ever been.

6Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 15:07

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The way cardiff played yesterday I am not bloody surprised he's been sacked.

That Tan fella really does look a dodgy sort to be fair, his bloody hercule poiroit tash and those weird sunglasses, who would trust him?

7Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 15:11

How's this for some mental shit:

Now there is a man with a God complex if ever I saw one......

8Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 15:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rightly, he's a terrible manager.

9Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 15:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tan reminds me of the Bond villain, Dr No.

10Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 18:27

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No doubt this will be the start of a managerial merry go round and Fat Sam will get sacked by the Hammers and Malky Mackay will be nailed on for the Hammers job.

11Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 18:50

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

But it also means we might have trouble landing Mcnaughton. When they appoint someone new he might not be willing to loan out or sell players until he's seen his squad in action

12Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 18:59

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

rammywhite wrote:But it also means we might have trouble landing Mcnaughton. When they appoint someone new he might not be willing to loan out or sell players until he's seen his squad in action
McNaughton is out of contract at the end of the season and he's no spring chicken anymore. I think we still have a very good chance of signing him.

13Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 19:49

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Tan comes across as a right Cnut! Fancy telling an employee on guaranteed payout if sacked to resign?! Nobhead I'm afraid.

14Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 19:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You don't fuck with the Black and Tans.

15Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 20:06

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Soul Kitchen wrote:Tan comes across as a right Cnut! Fancy telling an employee on guaranteed payout if sacked to resign?! Nobhead I'm afraid.
Tan can do what he likes, he's worth around 1 billion, so I doubt he cares. He is a Cnut though.

16Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 20:20

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Tan comes across as a right Cnut! Fancy telling an employee on guaranteed payout if sacked to resign?! Nobhead I'm afraid.
Tan can do what he likes, he's worth around 1 billion, so I doubt he cares. He is a Cnut though.

He might be loaded but so is Richard Branson, I'd expect Richard Branson to let his more knowledgeable employees get on with the job.
To come in and change the club colours which is intrinsically linked to the club's tradition not only makes the club look silly, but shows him up to be an ill informed twat!!

17Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 20:34

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

When you let people who know fuck all about football run your club then things like this will always happen.

The fans should have put up more of a fight when the cock changed their home kit from blue to red.

18Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 20:45

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If I ever end up filthy rich then I'm going buy Blackburn Rovers and change their colours to Claret and Blue.

I might even move to India and conduct it from there.

19Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 21:33

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Edit - It's in the joke thread, that BoltonTillIDie chap got in with it first.

20Malkay Mackay sacked... Empty Re: Malkay Mackay sacked... Fri Dec 27 2013, 22:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc71 wrote:
Glad he has - not for him, to be fair, but it means he now gets a compensation package from Tan, where if he had resigned he would have got nowt.  

To be honest it was irrelevant if he had resigned anyway because receiving an ultimatum such as 'resign or I will sack you' adds up to constructive dismissal and as such he would have been awarded compensation by the courts.

To some extent I feel a bit sorry for Tan, his side of the story is that MacKay overspent his authorised transfer budget by £15 million!  If true you can see why Tan no longer wanted to give him anymore money to spend.

He seems to be made out as the bad guy simply because he is a foreign owner.

And at the end if the day Mackay's signings have hardly shone.

Take away the foreign owner angle and I think most owners would have fired Mackay without most people getting too worked up about it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum