Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coffee Shops

+4
gloswhite
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coffee Shops Empty Coffee Shops Wed Mar 21 2012, 20:49

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For the cost of a small brew at Cafe Nero a few weeks ago when I had time to kill, I could have gone to the pub and got a proper drink.

The most annoying thing about it was the look on the face of the bloke at the till - a look that suggested he'd never seen a customer pissed off at being charged three quid for a shitty cup of coffee before.

What's people's obsession with coffee shops? It can't be to do with the coffee itself, since it's no better than the stuff people can make at home for next to nothing.

I think it has a lot to do with social status and possibly the Central Perk (Friends) effect.

2Coffee Shops Empty Re: Coffee Shops Wed Mar 21 2012, 20:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love Starbucks, not ashamed to admit i go in there maybe 3/4 times a week.

3Coffee Shops Empty Re: Coffee Shops Wed Mar 21 2012, 20:54

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Completely different mind-set to the coffee shops where I live (frequented not just for the coffee!)

There again saying that we now have Starbucks popping up on more and more street corners!

4Coffee Shops Empty Re: Coffee Shops Wed Mar 21 2012, 20:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Doffer, its the social day equivalent of going down the pub at night-time.

5Coffee Shops Empty Re: Coffee Shops Wed Mar 21 2012, 20:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a load of pretentious bullshit in my opinion. Can I have a Latte etc etc. £3 for a cupful of frothy shoite! What's wrong with tea ?

6Coffee Shops Empty Re: Coffee Shops Wed Mar 21 2012, 20:59

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

doffcocker wrote:For the cost of a small brew at Cafe Nero a few weeks ago when I had time to kill, I could have gone to the pub and got a proper drink.

The most annoying thing about it was the look on the face of the bloke at the till - a look that suggested he'd never seen a customer pissed off at being charged three quid for a shitty cup of coffee before.

What's people's obsession with coffee shops? It can't be to do with the coffee itself, since it's no better than the stuff people can make at home for next to nothing.

I think it has a lot to do with social status and possibly the Central Perk (Friends) effect.

lol, I feel your pain my friend. I often think I'll take a flask to work just as my old man always did. But I never do. And I wonder why I'm always skint!

7Coffee Shops Empty Re: Coffee Shops Wed Mar 21 2012, 21:01

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

When I do go to a coffee shop it has to be Stabucks for their Mocha......

8Coffee Shops Empty Re: Coffee Shops Wed Mar 21 2012, 21:46

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's a coffee shop in Tilburg the Netherlands called the Grass Company.

I thought what a silly name for a coffee shop but I went in anyway and I don't even like coffee.

Their slices of cake and cookies are divine, even if they do make you hungry.

9Coffee Shops Empty Re: Coffee Shops Wed Mar 21 2012, 22:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:It's a load of pretentious bullshit in my opinion. Can I have a Latte etc etc. £3 for a cupful of frothy shoite! What's wrong with tea ?

I agree it is all a load of overpriced nonsense.

but i just like getting a nice seat, a good cup of coffee and a read of the paper.

10Coffee Shops Empty Re: Coffee Shops Wed Mar 21 2012, 22:54

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I love a Mocca from Caffe Nero once in a while, but get fed up of the barristas trying to cross sell me a slice of cake. I know they are just doing their job, but I hate being sold to in general.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum