Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedman hopes to get Danny Graham on loan

+12
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
Boggersbelief
Triumph
wanderlust
Norpig
karlypants
Sluffy
Banks of the Croal
Copper Dragon
BoltonTillIDie
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton boss Dougie Freedman wants Sunderland striker Danny Graham to give his shocked side a major boost.

Freedman hopes to agree a loan deal for the proven marksman who is currently on loan at Hull City but will now be unlikely to play.

Graham can be recalled by the Black Cats and sent out to Bolton - or even bizarrely loaned from the Tigers.

Bolton are looking into both options and would like the deal done fast to give them more firepower.

Freedman’s side has been struggling - hitting the depths with a 7-1 defeat at Reading - on the back of losing loaned players and others through injury.

The Wanderers chief will be backed to make a couple of signings. He switched to Graham after being told Cardiff want £2 million for Joe Mason.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In his last season in the Championship (2010-2011 Playing for Watford)
His records was 45 Games played, 24 goals scored.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

With Sordell partnering him a lot of the time.

There you have it, a new deadly strike force.  Very Happy 

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Who the hell is Sordell, never seen him play  Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

So we let in seven and we target a striker. - brilliant!

Guess the plan is to win games 8 -7 then.

Please can we have a left back - so that we can play Ream at centre back, or even in front of the back four. We are after all nearly THREE weeks into the transfer window.

Honestly what the fuck IS going on at the club?

We'd be better off signing Billy Graham.......

Freedman is a clueless prick who is marking time until he gets potted with the inevitable pay-off.

Gartside is a knob who gambled on him and has lost.

Lennie Lawrence just wants to know if it's Tuesday and if it's fish for tea.

In 40 years of following Bolton, I honestly can't remember a time when we were so far up shit creek.

I've decided that I'm not getting annoyed anymore, because it's only football. There's more to life than watching Gartside and Davies fuck up the one of the thing that you always thought would be there to provide you with some sort of light relief when life got you down.....

Bollocks!

Last edited by Breadman on Mon Jan 20 2014, 01:16; edited 1 time in total

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:We'd be better off with Billy Graham.......

Or maybe them golden grahams...

What the fuck just happened....?

KP, did you see that?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:What the fuck just happened....?

KP, did you see that?

Not sure what you mean there?  

Did you end up posting your message before you finished? Smile

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

when was the last time he scored? Looked good at Swansea but been useless since he left. Is he really the answer?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Defence is a disaster and a priority but TBH our strikers seldom look a threat either when you compare them with e.g. Reading - not that I'm suggesting Danny Graham could be the answer, but beggar's can't be choosers.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! and we dont want that lightweight from Cardiff either.
 :Overreact:

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Balls to looking for a striker. We need sort the defence out, spend any money we have on that and give eaves/wilkinson/clough a chance because let's face it, we aren't going up this season, so what have we got to lose? One of those could turn out to be a masterstroke. 

It could also fail but by the end of the season we will have eagles ngog and knight of the wage bill, freeing up funds for a goalscorer.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We need mcnaughton back urgently. A left back on loan, a cheeky loan bid for Dawson who should partner baptiste in central defence. That would be a start.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have to agree with sluffy on this one - why the fook are we looking at strikers?

All available cash should be spent on a defender, four if possible.

Danny Graham is a decent player at this level but he's not quick and relies on good service to get goals - he's got no chance at Bolton.

We need cover for Beckford, Graham would be an excellent stop gap if we can get him playing to his full potential. As others have said though we still need more at the back.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:We need mcnaughton back urgently. A left back on loan,  a cheeky loan bid for Dawson who should partner baptiste in central defence. That would be a start.

I notice McNaughton played for Cardiff against City. I can see him being part of Ollie's plans tbh. Feeney is unlikely to leave Millwall now Olly is the manager.

It looks like Bournemouth are prepared to pay the £2 million for Joe Mason so we may have saved a few bob there.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think there's any position that doesn't need looking at after a 7-1 defeat. 

If he's only been given the opportunity for one singing this window then yes Graham would be a strange target. Otherwise lets see what follows, if he even comes here.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Another striker that can't play as the target man when we play a 4-2-3-1 formation. I didn't understand why he loaned Mason. I wouldn't understand why he would loan Graham.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's ironic that Graham is slow as a carthorse but knows where the goal is, yet we have a bunch of fairly mobile "strikers" who can't shoot straight.

Frankly, if Dougie wants to go down that road he might as well bring Cavies back into the fold.

My choice would be to focus on getting the defence sorted and giving the young guns a shot up front.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum