Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedman hopes to get Danny Graham on loan

+12
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
Boggersbelief
Triumph
wanderlust
Norpig
karlypants
Sluffy
Banks of the Croal
Copper Dragon
BoltonTillIDie
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

JAH wrote:Another striker that can't play as the target man when we play a 4-2-3-1 formation. I didn't understand why he loaned Mason. I wouldn't understand why he would loan Graham.

I think you're wrong here. 4-2-3-1 doesn't require a target man, it's a lone striker with good movement and link up play. It's a position Danny Graham was excellent at for Swansea -probably played his best football there in a 4-2-3-1 so he knows the system back to front.

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Sign him up, play up front next match then try him at left back the next. DF will give him every chance to play all positions before he realizes he is perfick for the bench

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only Big Sam played a striker at left back.

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Only Big Sam played a striker at left back.
Some would say that was a manager using his resources to the best of his abilities during a difficult time. He had the confidence and knowledge of a player who could do that job for him.

Whereas in Dopey Doug's world If ever work out why he does anything I'll let you know. I have only heard a rumour that there is a man of great wisdom who understands what goes on in Doug's mind what he thinks and plans for a match day. Sadly that bloke was admitted here as an emergency case under a court order last Saturday night. He's heavily sedated and will remain so for a long time. Guess we'll never find out now. I'm beginning to wish they would stop the release passes we get which enable a few of us to go to the match due to the increased use of drugs for sedation.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Graham is a donkey.....  if that's what doog thinks is a decent striker then we are doomed.  For Christs sake lets bring our own kids in or find kids in other countries....not other teams cast-off's who are on the slide.

Doog out.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It costs £2 million a year to run our academy. Where are the home grown youngsters coming through?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nottingham Forest close in on Danny Graham

Nottingham Forest are close to signing Danny Graham on loan from Sunderland, BBC East Midlands Today reports.

The 28-year-old is on a season-long loan at Hull City, but has not featured since 1 January and was not in their squad for Saturday's defeat at Norwich.

The former Watford and Swansea man has managed just one goal in 19 appearances for the Tigers.

Forest are currently fifth in the Championship, eight points off the automatic promotion places.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:Nottingham Forest close in on Danny Graham

Nottingham Forest are close to signing Danny Graham on loan from Sunderland, BBC East Midlands Today reports.

The 28-year-old is on a season-long loan at Hull City, but has not featured since 1 January and was not in their squad for Saturday's defeat at Norwich.

The former Watford and Swansea man has managed just one goal in 19 appearances for the Tigers.

Forest are currently fifth in the Championship, eight points off the automatic promotion places.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hmm, I wonder who Graham will choose? A team currently in a playoff position? Or a team in a relegation scrap, that just got twatted 7-1?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like Danny Graham - an honest and hard working striker - but I'm not sure how he will add to what we've got as I think Cavies is very similar and there isn't such a huge gulf in class between them.

Unless Cavies has murdered Dougie's kids, I can't think how DG would be of any added value.
Plus there's always the alternative of giving the likes of Sanmi a shot.

So why not focus what little money we have elsewhere?
Don't get it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum