Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January transfer window

+25
Copper Dragon
Triumph
Barryjw
JAH
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
Whitesince63
terenceanne
Tigermin
carrs
observer
aaron_bwfc
Leeds_Trotter
Keegan
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Norpig
rammywhite
29 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 20]

1January transfer window Empty January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 07:25

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think I must be a serial worrier- but the lack of action in this window is getting to me. At the beginning of January Dougie intimated that there would be quite a few changes in this window. In his post mortem after last weeks shambles he re-iterated the same cause for hope. Yet it's so quiet. He's got Danns in, but nobody of any significance out. I know he's tried for Boras ( the Luxemburg kid) and Graham from Sunderland/Hull- but no success so far.
There's only a week to go and I hope we don't fall into the Coyle trap of signing someone at five to midnight just to have a name.
I imagine that Dougie will be busting a gut trying to get some new faces but I think many players would look at us as a poisoned chalice with no money and simply say they're not interested.
I hope that he can deliver some better news soon  -and I equally hope it's not Mason

2January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 08:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it always annoys me that clubs wait until the last minute, we needed a left back at the start of the month but still no sign of one!

It looks like he is trying to ship out players first before he can bring any in, but as he has already said no-one wants any of them.

Still i suppose it makes for a more exciting transfer deadline day, i can sit and watch the lovely Natalie Sawyer for hours.

3January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 09:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Dougie has to move players on before he can commit to players in, then we're at the back of the queue and entirely dependent on other clubs, so I guess our options are buy late or don't buy at all.
Although I would imagine there's still enough petty cash in the till to get the development player they're looking at.

4January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 09:29

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Its the same every fucking January with this lot...

Why do you expect different this year?

5January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 09:44

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Dougie is more likely to be doing most of his transfer business in the loan window.

6January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 11:57

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Its the same every fucking January with this lot...

Take a look at how much we did in the previous 2 years and then re-evaluate this statement.

7January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 12:01

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:Its the same every fucking January with this lot...

Take a look at how much we did in the previous 2 years and then re-evaluate this statement.

What?

A few youngsters for the future who subsequently got released and a couple of short term loans in the dying seconds of the window?

Proper good shit that.

8January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 12:20

Medo
Craig Davies
Craig Dawson
De Ridder
Hall

All signed with the intention of going straight into the first team.

Year before we signed Sordell and Ream for around £6 million. Sorry Rebel but the club does deal in January, as proven over the past two years despite worsening finances.

9January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 12:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Medo
Craig Davies
Craig Dawson
De Ridder
Hall

Year before we signed Sordell and Ream for around £6 million. Sorry Rebel but the club does deal in January, as proven over the past two years despite worsening finances.

And UTD are about to sign MATA, what is Eddie doing not hijacking that deal considering he'd be perfect next to Mark Davies?

10January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 12:26

Craig Davies
Craig Dawson
De Ridder
Hall

So, out of those mentioned, we've got ONE regular starter, two bit-part players, one striker who will never play for the current manager, another who we loaned out (apparently to Twitter, rather than a football club), a defender who went back to his parent club and now doesn't even make their bench and some Dutch bloke who I didn't even remember signing......

Yeah, some stellar business right there.....

11January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 12:29

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:
Craig Davies
Craig Dawson
De Ridder
Hall

So, out of those mentioned, we've got ONE regular starter, two bit-part players, one striker who will never play for the current manager, another who we loaned out (apparently to Twitter, rather than a football club), a defender who went back to his parent club and now doesn't even make their bench and some Dutch bloke who I didn't even remember signing......

Breadman - the glass on some of our fans rose tinted glasses is simply to thick to not glean a positive out of even the direst of situations.

12January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 12:34

Breadman wrote:
Craig Davies
Craig Dawson
De Ridder
Hall

Considering the budget last years business was very good.

But that's not the point in the slightest as it's nothing to do with the quality of signing. Rebel suggested we never do any business in January - which is clearly nonsense.

13January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 12:37

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Breadman wrote:
Craig Davies
Craig Dawson
De Ridder
Hall

Considering the budget last years business was very good.

But that's not the point in the slightest as it's nothing to do with the quality of signing. Rebel suggested we never do any business in January - which is clearly nonsense.

Ok, il rephrase my origianal statement to say...

''we never do any business in January (or any other window) that really helps us move forward as a club, if its cheap (and thus crap) or even better, free... then we will have it.

Beg, borrow, steal.

Regardless of our DIRE situation financially, refusing to invest in the squad will lead us to league 1.

14January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 16:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tweet from Alan Nixon "Bolton have got a big Hungarian striker in - and a speedy French winger. Busy, busy."

15January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 16:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With my decent detective skills i googled hungarian national squad, I took the "big" literally and looked for their tallest striker.

thus i can confirm we're in talks with 

Adam Szalai.

16January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 16:32

I'm going to take that as Gospel and be the first to suggest he's utter shite.

17January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 16:32

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:Tweet from Alan Nixon "Bolton have got a big Hungarian striker in - and a speedy French winger. Busy, busy."

There is a 99.9999999999999999% chance that this is total shit.  Rolling Eyes 

18January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 16:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't shoot the messenger.

19January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 16:50

Is Alan Nixon related to that other famous lying bastard, Richard M Nixon?

"I am NOT a crook and we ARE signing Lionel Messi !"

20January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 23 2014, 17:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Speedy French winger? Does being from Luxembourg qualify?

Interesting rumours that imply Dougie is casting his net further afield than recent managers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 20]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum