Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January transfer window

+25
Copper Dragon
Triumph
Barryjw
JAH
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
Whitesince63
terenceanne
Tigermin
carrs
observer
aaron_bwfc
Leeds_Trotter
Keegan
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Norpig
rammywhite
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 20]

181January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 09:48

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Wander- I think your table may have corrupted in transmission!

182January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 09:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Wander- I think your table may have corrupted in transmission!
Can't be arsed to mess with it Rammy - you can see the goals record though. Later columns are for Cup matches (FA then League)

183January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 09:55

There must be more to him than what we've seen, I agree with others here that he needs to be played in a 442, or coming in off the wing where he could be useful.

184January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 10:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:There must be more to him than what we've seen, I agree with others here that he needs to be played in a 442, or coming in off the wing where he could be useful.
Dougie won't play 442 as he prefers to have an attacking 4 based on runners from midfield (who so far have failed to arrive as they are too busy dropping back to cover our shit defence)

185January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 10:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When does the loan window end?

186January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 10:12

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If you get the chance look on the BBC Sports (Football) web site and  play Owen Coyle on the anatomy of a transfer. Its about 5 minutes long.
For the main part he says the obvious about player costs, agents etc., but listen to the bit on Due Diligence- and have the name Sordell in the back of your mind.
Some of what he says just doesn't ring true

187January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 10:18

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It looks like Mason is coming today.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

188January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 10:27

Oh joy........

189January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 10:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Iles:

Hearing the search for a left-back is still hitting a brick wall.
Let's assume that DF doesn't land a natural left-back... Of Tim Ream and Alex Baptiste - who do you think would suit the role better?

190January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 10:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hearing we could be after Tony Hibbert??

I rate Hibbert but he's 32 and a Right back - plus Everton have never done us any favours.

191January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 11:01

I'd take Hibbert till the end of the season, he's a decent enough full back - a slight upgrade on McNaughton.

192January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 11:05

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If we do sign a right back, baptiste will play left back.

193January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 11:10

Why do we always have to complicate things?

If you need a left back, sign a left back.

Not a right back, who then comes in and either plays out of position ("The Freedman Manoeuvre" as I like to call it) or plays on the right, meaning we have to shuffle somebody else across to play left back, out of position.

If you've got size ten feet, you don't buy size twelve shoes - you buy size tens.....

194January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 11:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:If we do sign a right back,  baptiste will play left back.
Hibbert is just a rumour. I think that Dougie is checking out all possibilities and doing his best to wheel and deal despite what we're hearing about the Board ripping off his transfer pot.

I don't expect anything to happen today if it's true about the Ngog money, but it's clear DF is trying to salvage something.

195January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 11:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ILes:

Freedman has spoken with Chelsea about some of their young defenders and also talks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Freedman has called on contacts at Chelsea, this week and in the previous two transfer windows, to see if any of Stamford Bridge’s young talents would be available and within his price range, most recently with Nathaniel Chalboah.
But he doubts whether an agreement between the two clubs actually exists in writing.
“I’ve been told about this agreement by a couple of Bolton fans – but I’m yet to actually see it,” he said.
“I’ve certainly tried to exercise it. But I’m not sure it has ever existed; not to my knowledge anyway.”

Last edited by wanderlust on Fri Jan 31 2014, 11:18; edited 1 time in total

196January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 11:17

From what I've been reading we've tried 6 left backs throughout January but have failed with all for one reason or another. Getting desperate now, hence looking at RBs.

197January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 11:19

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I told you wanderlust, that we still had that agreement with Chelsea, looks like dougie is maybe getting a little desperate now to leave it so late to check on a youngster from Chelsea.

198January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 11:25

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

QPR have had a passing interest in mears I see.

199January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 11:27

Boggersbelief wrote:QPR have had a passing interest in mears I see.

Wum.................

200January transfer window - Page 10 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Jan 31 2014, 11:27

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:QPR have had a passing interest in mears I see.

Are you serious?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum