Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Craig Dawson: I want to come back

+14
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Copper Dragon
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Reebok_Rebel
White84
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
Culcheth_White
Triumph
Boggersbelief
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 08:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CRAIG Dawson has urged Wanderers to take him back to the Reebok Stadium after failing to get the first-team football he wants at West Brom.
Dougie Freedman has had the former England Under-21 international at the top of his defensive shortlist for several weeks but has had to bide his time while new Baggies boss Pepe Mel was installed. Now, the defender has intimated to the Whites he is ready to come out on loan for a second spell and wants to get the deal done.

Dawson played 16 games for Wanderers last season and helped transform their fortunes before returning to the Midlands after a 1-1 draw with today’s FA Cup opponents Cardiff City.
During his stay Freedman’s side won 10, drew three and lost only three – missing out on the play-offs by a whisker. The 23-year-old had hoped to use that as a springboard to regular Premier League football and had been rated highly by former Hawthorns boss Steve Clarke.

But even under the Scot a run in the side never materialised and he featured just once in the league, alongside three appearances in the cup.
The signing of experienced Uruguayan Diego Lugano dropped him further down the pecking order and it is understood the Baggies will soon be willing to do business.
The only stumbling block at present is a short-term injury to Gareth McCauley, which could mean Freedman will have to wait until the loan window re-opens to land his man.

Several Championship clubs have enquired about Dawson’s availability but the former Radcliffe Borough star has his sights set on a return to the North West if a deal can be financed.

Freedman has just one week to bolster his squad with permanent deals and hopes to have at least two new names by the end of next week.

He is known to have looked at a number of triallists and believes that recruitment is the only way to lift the club out of its current funk.

“Stats don’t lie,” he told The Bolton News. “When we have loaned players in they have helped the squad. Our win percentage goes up to 45 per cent.

“It seems to be something that lifts the lads – and those numbers tell you that three or four loans would help the team.”

2Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 08:26

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Oh yes please, if only a psychological boost but it worked last time. And he can score.

3Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 08:39

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Oh please come back Craig and rescue us.

4Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 08:48

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This would be just what we need

5Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 10:20

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The expectations would be too high, and I doubt he will perform as well as he did last time, but certainly good enough to keep us up, if not help us move up the table a bit.

6Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 10:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do hope this deal comes off.

7Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 12:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Please let Dawson come back  :pray: 

8Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 16:28

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Be the best news in 2014 for me.

9Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 17:31

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can see Jeremy beadle jumping out 'game for a laugh ' When do Wanderers get the rub of the green. Wake me up when it's Spring.

10Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:17

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

fuck me sideways. This will be the signing of the season for us.
our best player last season by a mile!

11Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:fuck me sideways. This will be the signing of the season for us.
our best player last season by a mile!

Absolutely! I would be thrilled to bits if he came back!  Smile 

12Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:35

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why didn't we have him from the start, he's done fuckall since he left us???

13Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:36

Because he didn't want to come and WBA didn't want to let him go.

2 pretty big factors there Scott.

14Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:38

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Because he didn't want to come and WBA didn't want to let him go.

2 pretty big factors there Scott.

So, all of a sudden he wants to come?

What's changed.

Are we suddenly better than last season.

15Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Probably come to the conclusion he's not going to get the time he wants at WBA after all. 

You can't kidnap players.

16Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:41

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Probably come to the conclusion he's not going to get the time he wants at WBA after all. 

So we're sloppy seconds?

17Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 19:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Probably come to the conclusion he's not going to get the time he wants at WBA after all. 

So we're sloppy seconds?

Yes, obviously.

18Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 20:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy 

19Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 21:46

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:

What's changed.

Well a change of manager at West Brom for a start.

20Craig Dawson: I want to come back Empty Re: Craig Dawson: I want to come back Sat Jan 25 2014, 22:27

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Copper Dragon wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

What's changed.

Well a change of manager at West Brom for a start.

True, I reckon he was biding his time until they got a new man in, obviously the new guy doesn't fancy him either so now he's started making a few noises about leaving.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum