Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Subway

+4
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
largehat
doffcocker
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Subway Empty Subway Mon Mar 26 2012, 02:19

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

£5 for a footlong sandwich with as much salad as you want and a refillable drink puts Subway miles ahead of anything else in terms of fast food for me.

Except every other town/city centre has one on every corner, some of them as big as the average McDonalds, some even a bit more than just a few stools and tables (Preston have one with living room seating if I remember rightly, Nat?), where Bolton town centre is home to just one, and the single measliest I've personally frequented. For the doubters, it's facing the stone elephants, next to Home Bargains, and I'm not counting the ones at Burnden Park or on Derby Street.

Do you like a Subway, and if you're from the area, does this mad competition for a seat upset you too?

2Subway Empty Re: Subway Mon Mar 26 2012, 05:16

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I dislike Subway. I'd much rather spend the £5 at KFC if I'm going to eat fast food.

I don't think £5 for a sandwich and a drink is good value, but the so called meal deals can be north of £7.

I don't like the way they pre-portion the meat, and a big reason they are so popular is the mind trick of watching the sandwich being made and staring through the glass as you make your way along the counter. The ingredients are no more likely to be fresh just because they haven't been put together before you order than if you buy a sandwich from, say, Boots.

I just always feel like I've been ripped off.

Last edited by largehat on Mon Mar 26 2012, 14:47; edited 1 time in total

3Subway Empty Re: Subway Mon Mar 26 2012, 12:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very popular with teenagers though - presumably because they don't know the meaning of money and are desperate to be popular with their mates.
For me, it's a fancy sandwich shop.

4Subway Empty Re: Subway Mon Mar 26 2012, 12:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hate Subway, absolutely hate it. I only need to walk past one and I feel sick, it really does have a foul smell.

5Subway Empty Re: Subway Mon Mar 26 2012, 13:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used to like it but i got food poisoning from it about 4 years ago and haven't been since.

6Subway Empty Re: Subway Mon Mar 26 2012, 13:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I used to like it but i got food poisoning from it about 4 years ago and haven't been since.

Did the staff know you?

7Subway Empty Re: Subway Mon Mar 26 2012, 13:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nope, It was the first time i'd been in that one.

Obviously the meat was rancid.

8Subway Empty Re: Subway Mon Mar 26 2012, 13:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Nope, It was the first time i'd been in that one.

Obviously the meat was rancid.

Perhaps they'd read your work?

9Subway Empty Re: Subway Mon Mar 26 2012, 18:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Went to one in Las Vegas, and it was just about ok. haven't plucked up the courage to go to one here yet.

10Subway Empty Re: Subway Mon Mar 26 2012, 18:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Very popular with teenagers though - presumably because they don't know the meaning of money and are desperate to be popular with their mates.
For me, it's a fancy sandwich shop.

If I was to make what I get from Subway at home from ingredients bought from the supermarket, it wouldn't work out much cheaper.
Five quid for a footlong submarine roll, 3 layers of cooked meat, and six varieties of salad, aswell as a refillable drink isn't bad value in my book.

11Subway Empty Re: Subway Mon Mar 26 2012, 18:33

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

doffcocker wrote:

If I was to make what I get from Subway at home from ingredients bought from the supermarket, it wouldn't work out much cheaper.
Five quid for a footlong submarine roll, 3 layers of cooked meat, and six varieties of salad, aswell as a refillable drink isn't bad value in my book.

I used to work at Subway. I don't eat there. Ever.

12Subway Empty Re: Subway Mon Mar 26 2012, 18:50

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I used to work for British Bakeries,id pass on the belgium buns if i was you.

13Subway Empty Re: Subway Mon Mar 26 2012, 20:36

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Quent wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

I used to work at Subway. I don't eat there. Ever.

Quent, please elaborate.

14Subway Empty Re: Subway Mon Mar 26 2012, 20:49

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

largehat wrote:
Quent, please elaborate.

As much as I would like to Largehat, as I've foolishly used my well known nickname on this site I'd better not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum