Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sick humor... how far is too far?

+8
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
Angry Dad
Keegan
doffcocker
Copper Dragon
Bolton Nuts
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 01:12

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Is there a limit when telling a joke is just going too far - even if the content still has comedy value?

Where should the line be set?

In every joke somebody is the butt of it.

Blondes, Irish, Pakistanis, women, men, disabled, dwarfs, mental people, black people, people with a disease or illness, dead people, wars, perverts, Jews  Nazi's?

Who decides when too far is really to far?

Is it ok to make a Jimmy Savile peado joke?
Is it ok to make other sorts of peado jokes?
What about a joke that says "paki" and "corner shop" in it - is that worse than an Irish joke?

Or do you think all jokes are ok as long as they are funny as well?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 01:22

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It all depends on what environment and who you are telling the joke to.

If you're down the pub with the lads then I expect most jokes will go alright.

If you're telling it on an open internet forum (like this one perhaps) then it isn't right clever.

Anyway you've done the Yank spelling of humour and that really does offend me.

3Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 01:32

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Copper Dragon wrote:
Anyway you've done the Yank spelling of humour and that really does offend me.

It offends me too.
I keep spelling things the right way and google chrome keeps telling me it's wrong. It's messing with my head.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

4Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 02:14

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think this country is confused about what should be acceptable and what shouldn't.

Frankie Boyle was very upset over claims a couple years ago that he was a racist. Obviously he draws the line at implying a disabled child might rape his mother.

Let's face it, if Frankie Boyle or any comedian makes a racist joke, it doesn't get broadcast and his career is fucked.

When Boyle said "I have a theory that Jordan married a cage fighter cause she needed someone strong enough to stop Harvey from f***ing her", Channel 4 chose to put it out and he remains a respected TV comedian.

If people are honestly more offended by the average racist joke than that, I despair.

5Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 02:14

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Biggie wrote:
I keep spelling things the right way and google chrome keeps telling me it's wrong. It's messing with my head.

Snap.

6Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 02:22

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I think context has a lot to do with it. There are so many blurred lines, however, that when in doubt, leave it out.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

7Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 07:07

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I don't think Boyle is respectable I don't like him I think he's a cunt.

8Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 18:18

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm with you AD. he seems to think offensive is amusing, and goes too far in his quest for a laugh. Even when he isn't being offensive, he's still not funny. He's a twat

9Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 19:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've noticed that Muslims in the UK are now getting involved in drug dealing, people trafficking, prostitution, alcohol and substance abuse and child grooming and yet some people in the UK still accuse them of not integrating enough.

10Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 19:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote: I've noticed that Muslims in the UK are now getting involved in drug dealing, people trafficking, prostitution, alcohol and substance abuse and child grooming and yet some people in the UK still accuse them of not integrating enough.
 Laughing

11Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 19:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I recently had a part in a Buddhist Pantomime. The crowd kept shouting, " He's beyond you."

12Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 19:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I recently had a part in a Buddhist Pantomime. The crowd kept shouting, " He's beyond you."
Reminds me of the time that rubbish actress Pia Zadora was playing Anne Frank on stage. It was truly awful,and when the German soldiers burst in near the play's conclusion,a member of the audience shouted "She's in the attic".

13Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 19:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:I recently had a part in a Buddhist Pantomime. The crowd kept shouting, " He's beyond you."
Reminds me of the time that rubbish actress Pia Zadora was playing Anne Frank on stage. It was truly awful,and when the German soldiers burst in near the play's conclusion,a member of the audience shouted "She's in the attic".

Laughing 

14Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 19:34

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Me:- Boss i am not coming into work to day coz i am sick.

Boss:- How sick are you?

Me:- Well i am in bed with my sister

15Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 19:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:Me:- Boss i am not coming into work to day coz i am sick.

Laughing 

16Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 19:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:Me:- Boss i am not coming into work to day coz i am sick.

Par for the course in Devon.

17Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 19:36

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

What did the poof do when he missed his boyfriend?
  He sh*t in his hand and had a w*nk.

18Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 19:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:What did the poof do when he missed his boyfriend?
  He sh*t in his hand and had a w*nk.
Par for the course in Devon.

19Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 19:39

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

What's the difference between sand and menstrual blood?

You can't gargle sand...

20Sick humor... how far is too far? Empty Re: Sick humor... how far is too far? Sun Feb 09 2014, 19:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:What's the difference between sand and menstrual blood?

You can't gargle sand...
Go and have a go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum