Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another absolute master class

+4
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Norpig
Triumph
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Another absolute master class Empty Another absolute master class Mon Feb 10 2014, 07:23

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Another absolute master class from Saint Douglas. Why bring off mark Davies who had been hands down our best player is beyond me. An attacking threat and somebody who picks the ball up from deep and runs with it. We bring that kind of quality off. Baffling. We then bring on medo, giving us TWO holding midfielders at home against bloody Bournemouth. BRAVO SIR lets sit deep with two deep lying midfielders and invite pressure on our frail back like. Genius I tells ya. He claims we the fans should know what he's trying to do and we can see the plan, well I for one can't. What I see dougie is a man desperately out of his depth. A man who couldn't see we needed a centre half and a left back urgently. A man who's only inspiration to the bolton faithful is to question why we continue to throw our hard earned cash at Gartside and his Scottish puppet. You are both jokes gentleman and I ask only for your resignations. Is that too much?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
were almost there, yes Douglas Div 1.
source Media.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Triumph on Mon Feb 10 2014, 09:22; edited 1 time in total

2Another absolute master class Empty Re: Another absolute master class Mon Feb 10 2014, 08:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i agree 100% Triumph  :clap: 

the decision to take off Mavies was ridiculous, he just can't resist playing 2 holding players can he?

The chants of Dougie will only get louder and louder and eventually the 2 ostrichs will have to take their heads out of the sand and do something about this.

3Another absolute master class Empty Re: Another absolute master class Mon Feb 10 2014, 09:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The irony is that Mavies has been accused of being completely anonymous since he came back from injury. Personally I despaired at that substitution but it was more out of hope that Mavies would suddenly rediscover his form rather than despairing at taking off an attacking player who was actually doing the business.

What baffles me though is that in reading Trotter's article - and yes I do know it was just a press release for the benefit of the media - there is an implication that Spearing is viewed as an attacking midfielder (not a holding midfielder). If that's the case (and I'm struggling to see the justification for that view) it would imply that in bringing Medo on, Dougie viewed it as an attacking move i.e. releasing Spearing to push on.

If Spearing was on form and was able to bring the passing game we saw before he was signed then it would make some sort of sense but he hasn't been able to pass or shoot accurately all season, so why Dougie would think that he's suddenly going to find his range is beyond me.

4Another absolute master class Empty Re: Another absolute master class Mon Feb 10 2014, 10:14

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie is the best manager he's ever been.

5Another absolute master class Empty Re: Another absolute master class Mon Feb 10 2014, 10:18

Boggersbelief wrote:Dougie is the best manager he's ever been.

Fully agree.

Freedman is the best manager we've had for 12 months.

I would defy anyone to name a better manager we've had since 2013.

6Another absolute master class Empty Re: Another absolute master class Mon Feb 10 2014, 10:43

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Breadman wrote:

Fully agree.

The catering manager, edging it with the inspiring choice of source for your burgers.

You can find it in the expired date stock of your local supermarket, you know the one with the Closing Down Sale sign in the window. There are some lovely Under New Management signs arriving soon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

7Another absolute master class Empty Re: Another absolute master class Mon Feb 10 2014, 11:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

carrs wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Fully agree.

The catering manager, edging it with the inspiring choice of source for your burgers.

You can find it in the expired date stock of your local supermarket, you know the one with the Closing Down Sale sign in the window. There are some lovely Under New Management signs arriving soon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
 Very Happy 
TBF David Lee and Tony Kelly have done a decent job with the U18s and even the U21s are winning a few these days so there are a few contenders. That said Dougie has been buying players to develop so will no doubt get some credit for that.

8Another absolute master class Empty Re: Another absolute master class Mon Feb 10 2014, 12:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:The irony is that Mavies has been accused of being completely anonymous since he came back from injury. 

lets face it, it's at that point where the majority have had enough of Dougie, and will beat him with whatever stick is available.

9Another absolute master class Empty Re: Another absolute master class Mon Feb 10 2014, 13:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

lets face it, it's at that point where the majority have had enough of Dougie, and will beat him with whatever stick is available.

Hipster, didn't I say Dougie would be a disaster. Don't you think I should choose the next fool?

10Another absolute master class Empty Re: Another absolute master class Mon Feb 10 2014, 13:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster, it did change the game when he brought on Medo, it showed Freedman was happy to try and defend the lead. Bournemouth on the other hand went for it and brought on 2 more strikers

Everyone in the ground knew what the plan was as soon as Medo came on and it handed the initiative straight to Bournemouth.

11Another absolute master class Empty Re: Another absolute master class Mon Feb 10 2014, 13:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Hipster, it did change the game when he brought on Medo, it showed Freedman was happy to try and defend the lead. Bournemouth on the other hand went for it and brought on 2 more strikers

Everyone in the ground knew what the plan was as soon as Medo came on and it handed the initiative straight to Bournemouth.

I'm not defending this particular decision, I think a like for like Davies for Mortiz would have been a much better decision.

but my initial post is still valid I think.

12Another absolute master class Empty Re: Another absolute master class Mon Feb 10 2014, 17:22

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The quicker they fire Dougie Freeman and we can move on the better. Its not going to get any better under the current regime. We'll just continue to bumble along from one disastrous performance to another until Gartside acts. Its already too late for this season, but a fresh perspective and blooding the kids for next season and we could at least get some hope that all is not lost. The longer this goes on, the less support that will be left at the Reebok.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum