Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst?

+7
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
largehat
Quent
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Three votes to use

MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst? Vote_lcap0%MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst? Vote_lcap10%MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst? Vote_rcap 10% [ 3 ]
MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst? Vote_lcap23%MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst? Vote_rcap 23% [ 7 ]
MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst? Vote_lcap17%MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst? Vote_rcap 17% [ 5 ]
MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst? Vote_lcap0%MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst? Vote_lcap33%MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst? Vote_rcap 33% [ 10 ]
MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst? Vote_lcap7%MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst? Vote_rcap 7% [ 2 ]
MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst? Vote_lcap3%MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst? Vote_rcap 3% [ 1 ]
MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst? Vote_lcap3%MOAN of the Match - (Spurs FA Cup) Who was the worst of the worst? Vote_rcap 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 30

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Who was the biggest plonker out there tonight?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think anyone was especially bad, they just lacked any sort of quality.

No composure and up against a vastly vastly superior side

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

1. Alonso, absolute nightmaire of a first half even if he has been missing for a while, really couldn't get a grip of Walker.

2. Bogdan, slate me all you want but there is no point having a world class 75minutes and making a cock up for the opening goal when he shouldn't have even tried coming for the ball which he was nowhere near.

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Alonso is too slow to be a Premier League defender. He turns like a tank.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Aaron, have you actually voted for Bogdan as one of our worst three players tonight?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I really don't think we can level any criticism at Bogdan tonight.

Eagles, Alonso and Ream (was he even on the pitch????????)

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't blame Ream. He came on for Pratley but was played out of position.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

largehat wrote:Aaron, have you actually voted for Bogdan as one of our worst three players tonight?

He can vote for who he wants - it's simply his take on the match.

Would be a pretty dull forum if we all saw things the same way!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
largehat wrote:Aaron, have you actually voted for Bogdan as one of our worst three players tonight?

He can vote for who he wants - it's simply his take on the match.

Would be a pretty dull forum if we all saw things the same way!

Did I say he couldn't vote how he wanted? I just asked how he voted.

Thanks for the patronising lecture.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I was being fair and reasonable in support to decent poster on here - if you don't like his opinion or my support of him having the right to hold that opinion then perhaps this forum might not be the right one for you.

Is that patronising enough for you?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:I was being fair and reasonable in support to decent poster on here - if you don't like his opinion or my support of him having the right to hold that opinion then perhaps this forum might not be the right one for you.

Is that patronising enough for you?

Your attitude towards me stinks. If you don't want me on your site, ban me.

Where did I say he wasn't entitled to an opinion? I asked him how he voted - that was it. Yes I would be shocked if he thought Bogdan was one of our weakest three players tonight, but that's irrelevant.

Why don't you jump in and "defend" other posters when, say, Natasha actually abuses them? What were you defending him against anyway, me contravening his right not to be asked how he voted?

You want me off your site because you have some sort of pathetic grudge? Then ban me. Otherwise, get off my case.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'll ban you if and when you break our rules - and you deserve to go.

I'll step in and "defend" whoever I consider needs defending, whenever I think it is necessary - that is my prerogative on here.

I don't bare grudges - seems you may though!

I play fair at all times - if you don't like my way then that's your tough luck.

We've worked damned hard to build this site from scratch to be one where people can hold a reasonable debate and have a bit of a laugh whilst doing so.

If someone thinks the best player on the pitch was crap then that’s his view - and one that he's entitled to - I'll not allow people to be browbeaten or feel intimidated from airing such opinions.

We are here to allow debate to flourish, not to stand idly by and watch it being possibly strangled by other peoples overbearing personalities.

If it is spurious arguments or mindless abuse that you are after then there are far better suited forums out there that can cater for these needs than this one.

You've made your point clear that you think Aaron is talking out of his arse - why do you feel the need to go on about it - if he wants to vote for someone then that is up to him and fuck all to do with you.

Capiche?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy -

I stated in another thread, that I thought Bogdan wasn't responsible for a goal, and was quite forthright in my language about it. I could understand if you'd edited or removed that post, in all honesty.

If you had done so, I would probably have asked the same question I asked above - why is it OK for eg Natasha to give people abuse which goes completely unchecked. I see you have ignored that point. But you will see my point when I state that I consider your statement that "I play fair at all times" to be complete bullshit.

In this thread, which is about who our worst three players were, I asked Aaron if he had voted for Bogdan. This is a separate issue as to whether he was at fault for one of their three goals. I'm sorry to embolden this but you seem to have not noticed this.

So if I want to express my opinion on that, I think that's fair game. Not that I got chance to before you jumped in. I marvel that you can lecture me on how this is a forum for allowing different opinions but not allow me to express mine.

You justify this stance by saying you were "defending" Aaron. Well actually, I think you do Aaron a disservice. I have had discussion with Aaron before on this forum and two others and he is more than capable of having a discussion. He even acknowledged his view of Bogdan's performance was somewhat controversial, rather than shying away from debate.

Sp I think Aaron is grown up enough to defend himself, if under attack for anything, which he wasn't. I think you've completely misjudged the situation in this thread and are now attempting to dig your way out of it by implying that I am someone who is seeking spurious arguments and mindless abuse. Yes, I get into arguments with people, but I also back up my points with reasons, and as you have said to me in the past, people who challenge the status quo bring something to a forum. I can only assume your opinion on that has changed... people's attitudes change over time, though normally not over such a short period of time.

And then we get to the "it's my perogative", "tough luck", and "it's fuck all to do with you" silliness in your post. Well again, I challenge you to either ban me from your forum or get off my case. It's quite remarkable that you accuse me of being overbearing and then deal with a complaint in this way. I am mindful of the fact that I have defended you from being a "power mad tosser" in the past (I won't post links to back up my point because last week you told me you find this somehow unacceptable on an internet forum, but others have read how I stuck up for you and for this board on BA) and what I am reading now.

It's your choice to take this arbitrary attitude towards me and my posts but not those of others.

I think you've demonstrated poor judgement in this thread.

I think your justification - for lack of a better word because you insist you can do what you like for any reason you like - is dismal.

If you don't like me pointing this out, or sticking up for myself when I think I have been treated unfairly and when you demonstrate a shit attitude for a moderator, then you only have one option, because I won't put up with it. Ban me, and I'll post elsewhere and then you can be free from my terrible personality and abusive postings.

Last edited by largehat on Wed Mar 28 2012, 01:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just a couple of typos)

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'll make it short and sweet.

This forum is about a bit of fun - it's not a place for you to hold court and show off how clever you think you are.

Enjoy the place or bugger off - I don't mind what you do - but I do mind you using the forum to try to prove to others (most of whom just can't be arsed with it anyway) that you can piss up the wall higher than anybody else.

If you think I'm a crap mod, with poor and dismal judgement and a shit attitude - well that's up to you - but it won't stop me stepping in when I think things might be going a bit too far.

The big difference between Natasha and you is that she does things with her tongue firmly in her cheek - you on the other hand take things far too seriously.

It's clear that you like this site and despite what you may think I don't have an issue with you apart from sometimes you seem to like to argue simply for the sake of it.

I've tried to ask you in as nice as way as I know how to, to let Aaron have his opinion - you've already made your views clearly known about it already and well before you posted in this thread.

Despite the fact that in your last couple of posts you have called me 'patronising', that I hold a 'pathetic' grudge against you, that I talk 'complete bullshit', that I 'lecture' you, that I 'misjudged' things, that I have an 'arbitrary' attitude, that my justification is 'dismal', that I display a 'shit attitude' as a mod - you are still welcome to post on here - because I couldn't give a fuck what you think about me.

What I do care about though is that people are free to express an opinion on here without having the need to justify them in full to you!

You may not be aware but I am not just a mod on this site - I'm one of the owners of it too - so it's up to you to decide if you can manage to put up with my 'crap' ways of doing things or if you feel that you can't!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

In answer to your question Large Hat, I didn't vote for him because I thought he was one of the worst but because he cost us for the opening goal in my opinion for coming for a ball he was never going to get.

He was obviously the best player for us until that point but his coming and collecting of the ball from corners is poor for a premier league goalkeeper IMO.

Last edited by aaron_bwfc on Wed Mar 28 2012, 12:07; edited 1 time in total

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is still learning. Give him time.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:In answer to your question Hipster, I didn't vote for him because I thought he was one of the worst but because he cost us for the opening goal in my opinion for coming for a ball he was never going to get.

He was obviously the best player for us until that point but his coming and collecting of the ball from corners is poor for a premier league goalkeeper IMO.

Thanks for letting me know Aaron, unfortunately i didn't ask you! lol.

And as for the other stuff, wow, i can't believe a simple question has exploded into a BA style forum mushroom cloud.

I've no idea why things like this need to get personal, the problem for the mods is when certain people are lambasted for displaying a certain type of "attitude" and others are celebrated, and encouraged, because it's perceived to be tongue in cheek. It might be clearly tongue in cheek to some, but others might not be savvy enough to realise, how would a first time poster know for example? They wouldn't.

and who decides whats tongue in cheek and whats not? How did Natasha get the monopoly on "tongue in cheekness" and everyone else is just taking things too seriously.

I'm not trying to cause trouble, I'm genuinely curious.

There's a lot of mods on here, what do they think? Shame this kind of nonsense has reared it's ugly head again. It's the kind of thing i like to avoid tbh.

Had some great debates on here, about football too, which is actually rare on these forums, because, guess what, they're usually populated with stuff like this!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:In answer to your question Hipster, I didn't vote for him because I thought he was one of the worst but because he cost us for the opening goal in my opinion for coming for a ball he was never going to get.

Thanks for letting me know Aaron, unfortunately i didn't ask you! lol.

Haha, oops, so you didn't.....I am not a morning person.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I'll make it short and sweet.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum