Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holden's Knee's gone again!!! Bolton V Everton (Development squad)

+13
Dunkels King
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
JAH
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
luckyPeterpiper
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
karlypants
Boggersbelief
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't get the Johnny Evans hatred. Both players went in dangerously, it's just unfortunate for us that Evans got his studs into Holden before Holden could get his into Evans.
We see challenges like that quite often, and the vast majority don't have this big an impact on players' careers. We have to accept that truly shit luck has played a big part in all this. I've literally lost count of how many times Holden has gone back to square one, just when it looked like he was on his way to recovery. I can't believe people still allow themselves to get excited when he's apparently making progress.

I feel sorry for him, by the way.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holden has been very unlucky with injuries. Some players are dogged by bad luck and Holden seems to fill that category. 

Not looking good with the game tonight though.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:Nobody expected him to complete 90 mins but their is no way he was due to go off like he did.

Sorry but going down like that after a pass hardly points towards a good comeback.
I know aaron, like I said I'm clutching at straws. I feel for the lad, I really am very upset for him tonight. I guess I'm hoping against hope that he just had something like a muscle spasm or got a bad cramp and they pulled him off to prevent him risking a real injury but I'd be lying if I said I thought it was in any way likely to be the case.  Sad

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It might be strange saying it but it could be a good thing for Wanderers. If it means that Holden doesn't play at the WC and spends time training and recuperating ready for next season then that could benefit us long term. Every cloud and all

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

JAH wrote:It might be strange saying it but it could be a good thing for Wanderers. If it means that Holden doesn't play at the WC and spends time training and recuperating ready for next season then that could benefit us long term. Every cloud and all
IF Holden has done some serious damage to his knee, I'd be surprised if we gave him a new deal tbh.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He lasted longer than I expected tbh.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even before this injury he wouldn't have played for us again. Shame, but we need to move on as Hipster would say.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Atleast you twats get to say "I told you so"

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yeah but most of you twats wrote off AOB and he's been playing regularly in a league above us for almost 2 years now. Holden will be class again and he's not even 30 yet. Just hope that the club persevere with him for a bit longer.

JAH wrote:Yeah but most of you twats wrote off AOB and he's been playing regularly in a league above us for almost 2 years now. Holden will be class again and he's not even 30 yet. Just hope that the club persevere with him for a bit longer.  

Who is AOB?

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

OneFinFreedman wrote:
JAH wrote:Yeah but most of you twats wrote off AOB and he's been playing regularly in a league above us for almost 2 years now. Holden will be class again and he's not even 30 yet. Just hope that the club persevere with him for a bit longer.  

Who is AOB?
The only AOB I know, is Andy O'Brien, who hasn't been playing in a League above us for almost 2 years, plus he was dog shite!

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Maybe mixed up with Joey O'Brien at West Ham is my guess.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:At least you twats get to say "I told you so"

Yes, it makes all this worthwhile when I get to type those words.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Think we should just give up on him now and cut or losses.

Its not his fault, but im getting sick of this.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The lads a fighter so I wouldn't be surprised if he thought he could come back from another serious injury but the club can't afford to test it anymore I'm afraid. 

infectious personality, he'd be someone that would be a good face to have around the youth team and in the academy should it come to that. No doubt he will get a job in the media.

He'll get another chance before the end of the season i'd imagine (providing him jogging off means it wasn't too bad), but ye it's not looking good for him and his career.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Culcheth_White wrote:
OneFinFreedman wrote:

Who is AOB?
The only AOB I know, is Andy O'Brien, who hasn't been playing in a League above us for almost 2 years, plus he was dog shite!

My bad! it was far too early in the morning. Joey O'Brien. Got my OBs mixed up

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

@reluctantnicko: It's the ligament he had repaired last time ...

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whats wrong with it though? Is it a full tear or a strain.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Strain

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum