Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lukas Jutkiewicz's future to be decided in the summer

+3
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka says he will discuss Lukas Jutkiewicz's future with the striker when he returns from his loan spell at Bolton.

The 24-year-old was sent out on loan by Karanka in January after scoring just once in over 20 appearances for Boro this season.

Since his move to the Reebok Stadium, Jutkiewicz has found some form with five goals in ten starts - and Karanka admits his future will be looked at come the end of the season.

"When the season is finished, we will sit down with Lukas and talk about the future," said Karanka.

"I don't know what will happen with him - it is something for the future rather than now.

"I am very happy with the way he has been playing. When we sat down together to discuss what was going to happen earlier in the season, we came up with the solution of him going to Bolton on loan because we all wanted the same thing.

"It was very important for him to go somewhere and score goals so he could get more confidence. I am pleased that has happened, and I know more now than I knew at the beginning. I am happy, Lukas is happy and Bolton are happy. We will leave it until the summer."

Source

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not a chance will he sign for us.

Boro are happy as he's Juke's added about 2 million to his price tag since he came.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Not a chance will he sign for us.

Boro are happy as he's Juke's added about 2 million to his price tag since he came.
Sounds like Karanka is already boosting the price.

Agreed, I think we'll struggle to get him. Dougie's shown he has a great eye for a player though hope that means the board will back him because we'll need a striker like Juke.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Dougie's shown he has a great eye for a player.

Rob Hall
Alex Baptiste
Liam Trotter
Danny Butterfield
Jacob Butterfield
Steve De Ridder
Moritz

All outstanding for BWFC.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Liam Trotter - 5(?) appearances - Terrible singing. 

Craig Davies - 26 appearances - hasn't had a chance doh. 

/Nat logic.

I rate hall, he'll come good for us certainly more pace than anybody else we have. Moritz on a free is a great but of business too, great player to have off the bench.

Medo, Juke, Danns, Dawson, McNaughton, Feeney- All excellent signings.

Not to mention his record at Palace - Murray, Bolasie, Jedinak all signed for next to nothing and brought outstanding results.

No manager gets everything right, but in terms of getting decent quality players at a good price he's undeniably strong.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we will keep him. He's already stated that he's happy here, we will find the funds.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Not a chance will he sign for us.

You are crazy. No one is going to pay 2 million for him. He'll be ours for about half a million

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I rate hall, he'll come good for us certainly more pace than anybody else we have. Moritz on a free is a great but of business too, great player to have off the bench.

Hall is perhaps not the worst signing ever as he didn't cost millions, but in terms of actual ability I don't remember any signing having so little. I can't remember him ever beating a man or putting in a cross, good or bad.

Moritz is on big money for little output. He's scored the odd goal coming on when we're coasting but has he ever scored the winner? Freedman labelled him "brilliant", but it's clear he wasn't talking about football. And, of course, injury prone.

Moritz isn't on big money? Where have you got that from? He's a very good squad player to have.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In terms of his (Juke) goals, he has 5 in 12 for us. It's impressive and over a season works out at about 20 goals, but you still have to decide whether that would happen in reality. Kevin Davies scored 4 in our first 9 matches last season, but finished the season on 6 in 35.
I'm not yet convinced he's a natural goalscorer and that what we've seen of him so far gives us a full picture, so I'd approach the situation with caution.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure he is a "natural goalscorer" 

but is what he gives us other than that valuable? I.E could we easily and cheaply get that elsewhere. 

not sure really, maybe.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's a natural goalscorer?

I think he's important because he provides a real focal point for the attack, on the air or on the floor he seems very capable to me and his hold up play is impressive. Not sure he'd get 20 goals in a season but I do think he'd get involved in plenty.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm not sure he is a "natural goalscorer" 

but is what he gives us other than that valuable? I.E could we easily and cheaply get that elsewhere. 

not sure really, maybe.

He's not very quick. I can't think of many situations where he's picked up the ball and took it forward with pace. At first I thought he'd be good at flicking it on with his head in a Kevin Davies sort of way, but I've not seen much of that either.

What he's best at is holding off defenders and passing to on coming players.

So far we can't ask for much more from him, but it's one thing playing 12 games as a loan signing and another playing 46 as a player that the club has gambled a lot of money on.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:At first I thought he'd be good at flicking it on with his head in a Kevin Davies sort of way

I knew you loved SKD!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum