Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next season's team

+14
White84
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Barryjw
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
aaron_bwfc
Bolton Nuts
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
karlypants
boltonbonce
scottjames30
wanderlust
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Sat Apr 19 2014, 20:52

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The bonus this year is that we have to competent centre halves in Mills and Wheater,I'd play Hayden White if Huttons wages are too high.At the moment only Tieney is our full time LB.In Mids I'd give Mavies another year with Spearing and Ream holding and Danns if signed.The main problem is getting Juke and Mason if possible,alternative to that we have Beckford.A good start and I think we will do ok.theres the prodigal son £3.2 million wonder signing from Coyle Sordell.idsell Lee ASAP if he has a good World Cup he is good when playing for Korea but shit when playing for us.ID like to see Iliev,Bolger,Hall,Youngs make the bench.A good start see what the team is and hope springs eternal.

22Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Sat Apr 19 2014, 21:10

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

White84 wrote:The bonus this year is that we have to competent centre halves in Mills and Wheater,I'd play Hayden White if Huttons wages are too high.At the moment only Tieney is our full time LB.In  Mids I'd give Mavies another year with Spearing and Ream holding and Danns if signed.The main problem is getting Juke and Mason if possible,alternative to that we have Beckford.A good start and I think we will do ok.theres the prodigal son £3.2 million wonder signing from Coyle Sordell.idsell Lee ASAP if he has a good World Cup he is good when playing  for Korea but shit when playing for us.ID like to see Iliev,Bolger,Hall,Youngs make the bench.A good start see what the team is and hope springs eternal.
I'd imagine Chungy & Mavies will both be shown the door, as Dougie will need the funds to strengthen the squad and try to sign Juke & mason.

Sordell is surplus to requirements as is Andrews and the sooner they both go the better!

23Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Sat Apr 19 2014, 21:13

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Don't mind Mavies going as long as Iliev and not trotter starts on day 1

24Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Sat Apr 19 2014, 21:21

White84 wrote:Don't mind Mavies going as long as Iliev and not trotter starts on day 1

Not sure playing a striker in midfield would help us to be honest.

25Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Sun Apr 20 2014, 04:40

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Iliev plays attacking midfield and striker.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

26Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Sun Apr 20 2014, 08:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andrews has been playing every week in a much better team than ours - it's quite realistic he'll be given another chance.

27Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Sun Apr 20 2014, 11:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leicester aside I'm not sure the difference in quality is that vast between the teams in this league.

28Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Sun Apr 20 2014, 12:03

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Amazing how some posters are now pushing the case for George Illiev virtually unmentioned up to about three weeks ago. All has gone quiet about former darling Zach Clough. I suspect most have seen neither other than the odd two minute glimpse on U tube.

29Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Sun Apr 20 2014, 12:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Leicester aside I'm not sure the difference in quality is that vast between the teams in this league.

I agree - but the teams coming down will be a different kettle of fish.

30Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Sun Apr 20 2014, 13:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Leicester aside I'm not sure the difference in quality is that vast between the teams in this league.

I agree - but the teams coming down will be a different kettle of fish.

Like we were? And Blackburn.. and Wigan, and Wolves.

31Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Sun Apr 20 2014, 14:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I think Cardiff, Norwich & Fulham will come down.

Cardiff & Fulham have money, Norwich are a well run club and won't have to sell - I can't see any of them struggling at this level really.

32Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Mon Apr 21 2014, 11:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Cardiff & Fulham have money, Norwich are a well run club and won't have to sell - I can't see any of them struggling at this level really.
I agree if Sunderland can keep their recent form going to the end.
Every year relegated teams seem stronger than those already in the division, but I honestly think it's a different type of game from the Prem so it's difficult to assess how they'll go.

33Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Mon Apr 21 2014, 12:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

People say the same thing every year without fail.

yep, possible that the (a) relegated team(s) will dominate, but just as likely they will struggle.

It really is a close league

34Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Mon Apr 21 2014, 12:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

People say the same thing every year without fail.

yep, possible that the (a) relegated team(s) will dominate, but just as likely they will struggle.

It really is a close league

I'm talking about the real Championship, not the Armchair Championship.

35Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Mon Apr 21 2014, 12:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would hope you're not suggesting I don't go to the games nat. 

If so there's a mod who would like you to leave the site.

36Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Mon Apr 21 2014, 12:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I would hope you're not suggesting I don't go to the games nat. 

I have no doubt you fly from Aberdeen to Manchester every home game.

I own all the mods. As we speak BTID is washing my car.

37Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Mon Apr 21 2014, 12:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I would hope you're not suggesting I don't go to the games nat. 

I have no doubt you fly from Aberdeen to Manchester every home game.

I own all the mods. As we speak BTID is washing my car.

You'll appreciate this is an area of discussion I just can't enter into.

But i stand by my points about the relegated teams.

38Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Mon Apr 21 2014, 12:59

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finished!

39Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Mon Apr 21 2014, 13:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:finished!

Very Happy 

40Next season's team - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's team Tue May 06 2014, 17:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back to the team thing again....

With the announcements about the overpaid ponces leaving and Dougie implying that despite the cutbacks our budget is sufficient to get "players who are not yet the finished article" (lottery) I still think there's room for a fire sale to boost our chances.

Not totally convinced by Danns, Trotter or Beckford although I hope I'm proven wrong, but it looks like we're going to be stuck with them. 

But Baptiste can go for me, even though he's been played out of position. Eaves and Odelusi have done nothing on loan and Vela is in the balance. Sordell could go. Maybe we could scrape enough together for a pacy striker who can finish? If not, there may be enough to give Beckford shooting lessons?

Still think we can end up with a squad that has a playoff chance if Dougie plays a blinder in the market.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum