Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Happened to our Once Family Friendly Club 'Greedy Bastards'

+11
scottjames30
boltonbonce
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
gloswhite
aaron_bwfc
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
karlypants
Triumph
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Being the big softy that i am I thought i would ask BWFC to announce my lads 30th on Saturday, 'yes no problem £5 please' Shocked  now it's not the £5 it's the principle, anyway they can fook right off they get enough of my hard earned the greedy Bastards!!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:Being the big softy that i am I thought i would ask BWFC to announce my lads 30th on Saturday, 'yes no problem £5 please' Shocked  now it's not the £5 it's the principle, anyway they can fook right off they get enough of my hard earned the greedy Bastards!!
I'm quite surprised it's just a fiver to be honest, it wouldn't have surprised me if it was 30 quid these days!!!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm surprised it's only £5. They wanted more than that from me just to move my nephew's season ticket next to mine for a match.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've moved my season ticket multiple times without charge...Might be due to the stand I'm in though.

£5 is very cheap I think.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Very reasonable really.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

That's a bloody bargain, i'm sure it used to be much more expensive than that.

I think the point is, it used to be free. (Certainly at Burnden.)

Five quid seems like a pointless, nominal amount.

We're not really going to clear the debt by charging punters a fiver a pop for an announcement, are we?

So it looks a bit Mickey Mouse to me.

Either charge something worthwhile or do it for nowt.

And before any of the usual suspects come on and slag me off for criticising the club over this, I think they'd benefit more in good will by doing it for free, than making about thirty quid a game, as they do now.......

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm with you on this Breaders. Probably find it pays for the cleaners tea fund. Ridiculous fee.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I would even think that it would cost more in administration in making sure the £5 was paid - no wonder we run at a massive loss!

For what it is worth Triumph, your son is only 30 once and for just a fiver it will be something he will remember for the rest of his life.

Just this once, sod the money and the principle - just do it.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:I think the point is, it used to be free. (Certainly at Burnden.)

Five quid seems like a pointless, nominal amount.

We're not really going to clear the debt by charging punters a fiver a pop for an announcement, are we?

So it looks a bit Mickey Mouse to me.

Either charge something worthwhile or do it for nowt.

And before any of the usual suspects come on and slag me off for criticising the club over this, I think they'd benefit more in good will by doing it for free, than making about thirty quid a game, as they do now.......
I'm with you on that too Bredders. Ffs we've paid for shite for three quarters of the season, how about a bit of goodwill?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A couple of years ago I noticed I had a significant gap in my autographed photo collection,namely Freddy Hill. I wrote to the club asking if it were possible to buy one and if so,how much it might cost. A few days later I received a photo,signed by Fred himself and completely free of charge.  cheers

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Robbing Bastards, tell them your wife will do the talking if its too much trouble.

Gartside Out!

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:I would even think that it would cost more in administration in making sure the £5 was paid - no wonder we run at a massive loss!

For what it is worth Triumph, your son is only 30 once and for just a fiver it will be something he will remember for the rest of his life.

No its the principle, I will buy him a couple of pints (not at the match)

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I would even think that it would cost more in administration in making sure the £5 was paid - no wonder we run at a massive loss!

I'm quite surprised that you seem to think it should be free.

You have to remember that they are providing you a service no?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Triumph wrote:

Up to you but in a few years he'll not remember the pints - you've probably bought him loads before and will do in years to come - so it won't stick in the mind - but a match day anoucement will.

Your fiver though.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I will pay your fiver. You buy me a couple of pints. Your son get's his announcement. Everybody wins.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Biggie wrote:I will pay your fiver. You buy me a couple of pints. Your son get's his announcement. Everybody wins.
Thats not the point.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Il be honest, I don't see a big issue with paying a fiver. however, it does seem like a rather silly amount, doing it for free would actually be easier.

Think yourself lucky, if this was the scum, you would probably be on a 2 year waiting list and have to pay about £2000 for it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm with Triumph on this one, and shame on all you bellends that are saying he should pay it because it's just £5. It's twats like you that have allowed businesses across the world to take advantage of the man in the street.

There is a principle here. Some of you twats need to take a good long look at yourselves (not in a mirror, that might scare you) and ask yourselves when you became a corporate whore lover.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You get nothing for free. Pay it or take a megaphone to the game and do it yourself

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum