Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to get a council house..

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to get a council house.. Empty How to get a council house.. Wed Apr 30 2014, 21:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anybody watching this on Channel 4 ? A terrible indictment of the ' something for nothing ' culture. A young couple wanting a council house are put on a waiting list but as soon as she has a child the council are obliged to find them emergency accommodation. Some of them are just having kids so they can have a house.

2How to get a council house.. Empty Re: How to get a council house.. Thu May 01 2014, 09:14

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I agree, this 'culture' has to stop.

There is a genuine need for social housing in this country but the system is abused, having a kid just to get a house is wrong.

If you want to get round this and get one without a kid. There is one thing you can do...

Emigrate to a third-world Muslim country for a few years (Iraq, Afghanistan,Pakistan etc)
Convert to Islam.
change your name to Mohamed Imran Khan Mohamed Mohamed Patel Mohamed.
Cause some shit.
Run back to Blighty.
Apply for council house.
Wait a week.
Call the council Racist.
Have a house the next day.

3How to get a council house.. Empty Re: How to get a council house.. Thu May 01 2014, 11:34

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Nothing new, when my Missus and I tried to get a council house 38 years ago we were told no chance without a kiddie in tow, did us a favour really and we own our home now. What I can't understand is why the hell are we letting more and more into the country when there is a shortage of Social housing?

4How to get a council house.. Empty Re: How to get a council house.. Thu May 01 2014, 11:37

Let's not forget though, that there wouldn't be such high demand for social housing if the fucking Tories hadn't encouraged local authorities to flog 'em all off in the late 80's and early 90's.

Add to this the ridiculous way the housing market has been allowed / encouraged to go over the last 30 years, thus making snapping up whole swathes of run-down houses to do up and flog for a profit an appealing proposition for anybody with the disposable income, and it's no wonder we're up shit creek.

Too many people + Not enough houses = A right fucking mess.

5How to get a council house.. Empty Re: How to get a council house.. Thu May 01 2014, 11:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Too many people + Not enough houses = A right fucking mess.

:agree: 

6How to get a council house.. Empty Re: How to get a council house.. Thu May 01 2014, 12:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Population is growing logorithmically so unless we introduce China-style population control regulation it will only get worse. 
What we need is a good old-fashioned world war to bring it back under control otherwise it's Malthusian doom around the corner.

7How to get a council house.. Empty Re: How to get a council house.. Thu May 01 2014, 12:41

...or we could stop letting people in who "traditionally" feel the need to have about eight kids because they come from an environment where they lived in a cave and their progeny tended to wander off and get eaten by a mountain lion, so they had to have quite a few to keep the numbers up.

Just an idea..........

8How to get a council house.. Empty Re: How to get a council house.. Thu May 01 2014, 12:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On last nights programme an Asian woman had nine kids. I would have thought sterilisation would have been a cheaper option rather than have to keep finding bigger properties to accommodate her offspring.

9How to get a council house.. Empty Re: How to get a council house.. Thu May 01 2014, 13:29

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I thought she had 6 kids, anyway leave them in the 2 bedroomed flat,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum