Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Childish House of Commons

+4
Reebok Trotter
Bollotom2014
Natasha Whittam
okocha
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Childish House of Commons Empty Childish House of Commons Wed Feb 24 2016, 17:18

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Is this the level to which politics in this country has now descended?

Cameron's answer to a mention of his mother who has voiced her concern over the repercussions of her son's policies:  "I think she would look across the despatch box and she would say to the opposition leader: 'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'."
Mr Cameron's attack delighted Tory backbenchers who cheered uproariously for more than 30 seconds.
But Labour MPs on twitter accused him of making a personal attack and of bringing Prime Minister's Questions to a "new low".
Lib Dem leader Tim Farron tweeted: "When #PMQs descends into a series of 'Your mum' comments it shows all politicians up. It's school-ground antics that demeans."

Did we really vote for a playground bully at a time when there are so many really serious issues to discuss? 
Well said, Mr. Farron,..... and to the jeering Tories, "You are pathetic and a disgrace".
Cue staunch Dave-lover, Nat!

2Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Wed Feb 24 2016, 17:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Is this the level to which politics in this country has now descended?

Cameron's answer to a mention of his mother who has voiced her concern over the repercussions of her son's policies:  "I think she would look across the despatch box and she would say to the opposition leader: 'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'."
Mr Cameron's attack delighted Tory backbenchers who cheered uproariously for more than 30 seconds.
But Labour MPs on twitter accused him of making a personal attack and of bringing Prime Minister's Questions to a "new low".
Lib Dem leader Tim Farron tweeted: "When #PMQs descends into a series of 'Your mum' comments it shows all politicians up. It's school-ground antics that demeans."

Did we really vote for a playground bully at a time when there are so many really serious issues to discuss? 
Well said, Mr. Farron,..... and to the jeering Tories, "You are pathetic and a disgrace".
Cue staunch Dave-lover, Nat!

I've not seen it so I'm trusting what you say is true, but let me ask you this: if someone brought your Mum up in a work related environment would you just let it go?

3Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Wed Feb 24 2016, 19:54

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It wasn't Corbyn who mentioned Dave's mother but a backbencher who shouted, "Why don't you ask your mother?", so to turn on the Labour leader at that point smacked of unmerited personal abuse.

If a schoolchild had descended to picking on someone's personal appearance, he/she would have been severely punished. The Tories did the same thing to Milliband. 

What is truly objectionable is the gleeful way Cameron's yes-men lap it up. They have learnt nothing about the public's utter dismay at the way the politicians conduct themselves. Fewer and fewer people will vote....or they will turn, as the Americans have, to a non-politician like Trump as a protest.

4Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Wed Feb 24 2016, 19:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For the record, I don't like David Cameron or any politician for that matter.

I voted Tory simply because there was no credible alternative in my opinion. There are many things I disagree with regarding the Tories, but I suspect a Labour government would have been even worse.

5Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Wed Feb 24 2016, 20:12

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's politics, okocha, it's what they do. If you are only just finding this out, maybe a copy of Hansard will ease you into it gently. The governments bully, the opposition bow down to the government, the government go home smiling, the opposition gnash their teeth. It's what happens. When Liabour get in they'll be exactly the same.  Twisted Evil

6Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Wed Feb 24 2016, 20:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do quite like Tim Farron. He is well respected by the folk of the Lake District.

7Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Wed Feb 24 2016, 21:03

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Here's a link. It's embarrassing even by this government's low standards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35651049

8Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Wed Feb 24 2016, 21:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Here's a link. It's embarrassing even by this government's low standards.

Still a bitter Labour supporter then?

9Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Wed Feb 24 2016, 21:07

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:Here's a link. It's embarrassing even by this government's low standards.

Still a bitter Labour supporter then?

Yes. Sad

10Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Wed Feb 24 2016, 21:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Get over it, David is leading us to great prosperity.

11Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Wed Feb 24 2016, 21:10

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:Get over it, David is leading us to great prosperity.

Laughing

12Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Wed Feb 24 2016, 21:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It wasn't meant to be funny.

13Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Wed Feb 24 2016, 21:38

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bollotom, I realise the truth of what you say, but it doesn't make it any more seemly, and this particular incident plumbs new depths; MPs are meant to be role-models but they have the effect of making voters despair. Who at the moment is worth voting for? Hobson's choice!

And if the replacement for the smug DC turns out to be bumbling Boris, we might as well all give up!

How many of you saw Boris being interviewed by Eddie Mair, when at the end Mair felt justified in calling him a thoroughly nasty piece of work and a bully?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjP2Z-espHLAhUBWxQKHdqXC5AQtwIIOjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fpolitics%2Fvideo%2F2013%2Fmar%2F24%2Fboris-johnson-accused-nasty-video&usg=AFQjCNHw2MbW3i0HX2wjDdii8ImZ7qIuiQ&sig2=PdQUdAx6dG0Wg5_gvUUc4g

14Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Wed Feb 24 2016, 23:21

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Goodness me! Since when has an MP, Councillor, PM or anyone else linked to government been a role model? If you did what they do in your private life  you'd be locked up quick smart. I'm waiting for Boris to become PM and Trump POTUS so we can have a good laugh.  I do think we have to view the whole set up as a joke with or without benefits. We live a couple of houses down from Ed Balls and Yvette Cooper. This pair of twunks have a very old Cavalier outside their house, but a limo still picks her up every morning and drops her off. Doesn't matter if they're Lab, Tory or Lib Dem, they all snuffle in the trough.

15Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Thu Feb 25 2016, 08:00

Give it a rest, there are plenty of decent, good intentioned MPs out there - on all sides. You're just excusing the behaviour of the idiots with an attitude like that.

16Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Thu Feb 25 2016, 08:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Give it a rest, there are plenty of decent, good intentioned MPs out there - on all sides. You're just excusing the behaviour of the idiots with an attitude like that.

You poor naïve fool.

17Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Thu Feb 25 2016, 09:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think the idealism within politics has slowly disappeared to nothing, although the newer MPs probably start with good intentions.
After the first season of in-fighting and back stabbing, they realise its all about furthering themselves in the career they have chosen.
Politics is just another job, and any 'perks' of which there are many, and usually at the taxpayers expense, will be sought, and taken, as they appear.

18Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Thu Feb 25 2016, 10:58

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

When Corbyn first came in, he said that the country was sick of the weekly Punch and Judy rowdyism of PMQs and that he would not resort to personal insults and jibes; he has largely stuck to this promise. Cameron agreed that they ought to be civilised and resolved to behave, but has totally broken his promise umpteen times and reverted to his true bullying self.

This clip of children reacting to Cameron's behaviour is priceless:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03kmhny

19Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Thu Feb 25 2016, 11:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Give it a rest okocha, you really are turning into a Labour bore.

The people have spoken, let it go.

20Childish House of Commons Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Thu Feb 25 2016, 12:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

okocha wrote:When Corbyn first came in, he said that the country was sick of the weekly Punch and Judy rowdyism of PMQs and that he would not resort to personal insults and jibes; he has largely stuck to this promise. Cameron agreed that they ought to be civilised and resolved to behave, but has totally broken his promise umpteen times and reverted to his true bullying self.

This clip of children reacting to Cameron's behaviour is priceless:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03kmhny

Lets not forget this whole incident was started by a Labour backbencher.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum