Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Childish House of Commons

+4
Reebok Trotter
Bollotom2014
Natasha Whittam
okocha
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Childish House of Commons - Page 2 Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Thu Feb 25 2016, 12:25

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

1. In common with many others, I haven't been able to bring myself to vote for any party in the last few years. Not boring but a serious consequence for democracy. The same is happening in the USA.

2. Bad men prosper when good men do nothing.....as the BBC are now discovering re sexual conduct on the premises.....rather more serious, I know, but would the pursuit of the guilty persons at the BBC also be described as "boring"?
 If society wishes to change the way things are, it is up to individuals to speak out.....loudly and often.....and certainly not "let it go"! 
Rotherham shows what happens when people turn a blind eye.

To return to the HOC, modelling bullying behaviour is just wrong and needs to be eradicated.

22Childish House of Commons - Page 2 Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Thu Feb 25 2016, 12:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:

To return to the HOC, modelling bullying behaviour is just wrong and needs to be eradicated.

I agree, there is way too much bullery.

23Childish House of Commons - Page 2 Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Thu Feb 25 2016, 13:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bullingdon bullery.

24Childish House of Commons - Page 2 Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Thu Feb 25 2016, 13:52

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think Cameron's comments are perfectly justified, Corben has an image problem and part of being in politics is pointing out the weaknesses in your opposition and ensuring that it reaches the masses.

The comments are not personal, when you are leader of the opposition your image will always be judged and rightly so given that to some extent you represent both those who have and have not voted for you on the international arena.

Did we vote for a bully, when called for I expect the leader of our nation to be forceful and if necessary a bully, but to know when it is to our advantage to do so.

In 'bullying' Corben (I believe it is questionable if he has), he has shown that he knows when to go on the attack and how to do it.

Lots of people will be watching it on the news tonight thinking it's a bit out of order but Corbyn is a scruffy sod and possible not the sort to lead our country.

In my view Cameron has shown to be exactly what he should be a shrewd politician, Corbyn and Farron have a long way to go before they can show that they are anywhere near that level.

25Childish House of Commons - Page 2 Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Thu Feb 25 2016, 13:55

Says a lot about modern society that people think the quality of a mans suit is a valid political point.

26Childish House of Commons - Page 2 Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Thu Feb 25 2016, 14:08

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:Says a lot about modern society that people think the quality of a mans suit is a valid political point.

Indeed although, his attack isn't just about a suit, the barb about the national anthem is about the image and indeed Corben's personal beliefs.

You could argue that these are not political points however, I don't see how you can separate the man from  the politics and so I think it is fair game.

Ultimately most people do not read manifesto's or keep well informed on political discussions, most people vote on what some would see as trivial matters, such as the image of the leader of a party.

Cameron knows this and is playing to the audience.

27Childish House of Commons - Page 2 Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Thu Feb 25 2016, 14:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Says a lot about modern society that people think the quality of a mans suit is a valid political point.

Do you own a suit?

28Childish House of Commons - Page 2 Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Thu Feb 25 2016, 14:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I never sing the sodding National Anthem.

29Childish House of Commons - Page 2 Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Thu Feb 25 2016, 15:22

Fabians Right Peg wrote:

Indeed although, his attack isn't just about a suit, the barb about the national anthem is about the image and indeed Corben's personal beliefs.

You could argue that these are not political points however, I don't see how you can separate the man from  the politics and so I think it is fair game.

Ultimately most people do not read manifesto's or keep well informed on political discussions, most people vote on what some would see as trivial matters, such as the image of the leader of a party.

I agree with much of that Fab, but your previous post suggested that Cameron's line was the sign of a 'shrewd politician', 'who knew when to go on the attack'. I think that exact reaction is depressing, instead of answering a question about the NHS he's returned with a scripted (and shitty) joke.

30Childish House of Commons - Page 2 Empty Re: Childish House of Commons Thu Feb 25 2016, 17:11

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:

I agree with much of that Fab, but your previous post suggested that Cameron's line was the sign of a 'shrewd politician', 'who knew when to go on the attack'. I think that exact reaction is depressing, instead of answering a question about the NHS he's returned with a scripted (and shitty) joke.

I can't disagree, but surely the fact that he did that, switched from a topic where the conservatives have always been on weak ground and in doing so put Corban on the back foot is the sign of a shrewd politician.

I agree fully that in an ideal world he would have entered into a proper debate, however as I stated before PMQ's is not about that, it's essentially politics light for those who want sound bites and snapshots.

Corban's attempt to make them a more serious occasion is admirable but in my opinion fool hardy as Cameron knows what it's about, and that is my main issue, I just don't think Corban has the nose to know which strategy to use when.

camerons response may have been scripted but was far from a joke, it was an assassination of Corban's image and will be extremely effective when viewed by the audience it was intended for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum