Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Dougie got it spot on yesterday tactically...

+9
Norpig
bryan458
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Bolton Nuts
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

The players will definitely change this summer.
The system will probably stay at least in the short term as we've been murdered whenever we've played a more attack-minded system against decent opposition

Wrong and wrong again.

Freedman hasn't let any regular first-teamers go - so it'll be more of the same ponces next season, with maybe a couple of new signings at best.

Murdered attacking decent sides? When?

The only time Dougie was bold against a top side was away at Leicester when we matched them shot for shot to be level 3-3 at half-time. Dougie then bottled it and went defensive. We didn't have another shot.

I'm not saying we have a team to win the league, but we have a team with the right tactics to trouble the top 6. Unfortunately this manager will prevent that.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Liverpool have probably blown it now...but what entertainment and hope has been provided for their fans this season .....unlike us.... and look at Palace since they relieved themselves of our Doogie.

Enough said.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Liverpool have probably blown it now...but what entertainment and hope has been provided for their fans this season .....unlike us.... and look at Palace since they relieved themselves of our Doogie.

Enough said.

Maybe, but you have to remember Rodgers and Pulis are old-fashioned - Dougie is a right on modern manager and the future of English football.

The part about Palace is complete nonsense.

They are playing in the exact fashion Dougie try's to get us playing, tight at the back and quick on the counter. Difference is they have some pace on the break to hurt teams - Bolasie, Ince and some decent midfielders to keep the ball and hassle the opposition - Jedinak, Dikagchoi. 3 of the 4 I've mentioned were signed by Dougie. His plan and tactics are pretty obvious. But he hasn't got the players to do it, or a plan b by the looks of things.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

The players will definitely change this summer.
The system will probably stay at least in the short term as we've been murdered whenever we've played a more attack-minded system against decent opposition

Wrong and wrong again.

Freedman hasn't let any regular first-teamers go - so it'll be more of the same ponces next season, with maybe a couple of new signings at best.

Murdered attacking decent sides? When?

The only time Dougie was bold against a top side was away at Leicester when we matched them shot for shot to be level 3-3 at half-time. Dougie then bottled it and went defensive. We didn't have another shot.

I'm not saying we have a team to win the league, but we have a team with the right tactics to trouble the top 6. Unfortunately this manager will prevent that.
I'm not sure if the pudgy blonde lump of puppy fat in the photo is you or not, but your comments remind me of someone who used to support Bolton. 
Are you a Notts County fan? If so, congrats on your magnificent draw at Oldham. I bet you were loving the survival celebrations. How do you rate our Josh?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
I'm not sure if the pudgy blonde lump of puppy fat in the photo is you or not, but your comments remind me of someone who used to support Bolton. 
Are you a Notts County fan? If so, congrats on your magnificent draw at Oldham. I bet you were loving the survival celebrations. How do you rate our Josh?

I'm not even a Bolton fan and I've been to more games than you this season.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In response to the Liverpool reference, nobody's saying we should be defending leads as though we need eight goals from the next one and half matches.
It's not the way forward for us, but neither is the opposite extreme, in my opinion.

What's more, I'd say Palace's goals were as much about individual brilliance/errors as they were about poor tactical organisation.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I'm not even a Bolton fan and I've been to more games than you this season.
You definitely remind of the person who used to support Bolton. S(he) also claimed to attend Bolton matches despite no evidence whatsoever of having been anywhere near the ground or having been seen there by other Bolton fans. Also chatted a load of shite just like you. Spooky!

That said, s(he) also claimed to be an ex-model who dated footballers, lives in a penthouse and has a successful career so if your photo is anything to go by it's clearly not you. Still what are the chances of having 2 bullshitters with the same user name? Please don't be offended if I say "slim".

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The game I watched DF got everything wrong! AGAIN!!!!!!!! 4-4-2 we would have hammered them.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:The part about Palace is complete nonsense.

They are playing in the exact fashion Dougie try's to get us playing, tight at the back and quick on the counter. Difference is they have some pace on the break to hurt teams - Bolasie, Ince and some decent midfielders to keep the ball and hassle the opposition - Jedinak, Dikagchoi. 3 of the 4 I've mentioned were signed by Dougie. His plan and tactics are pretty obvious. But he hasn't got the players to do it, or a plan b by the looks of things.

Only a numbskull would continue to play tactics with the wrong players then  clown 

Surely play to the strengths that you have on the park. When & if Doogie brings in players who suit his tactics then play those tactics....and we can judge accordingly.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

It Was working. You cant say Its freedmans fault that we missed 3 chances at least, in the last ten mins. They were better goals sccring chances than brum created too. It just wasn't to be.

If freedman had a plan to get ten penalties per game in order to win, and we managed to get ten penalties awarded, But then we missed them all and the other team went up the other end a scrapped a goal in in injury time you couldn't say freedman got it wrong. Freedmans idea worked but the players failed to execute it.

what in saying with the brum game is, whether it not its what you like to see, Dougie used a tactic a certain way, and the principle worked. To simplify...

plan..

don't close down the ball.
we will conserve energy.
we wont leave any gaps.
we wont have confusion at the back if we don't get carried away.
the opposition will most likely waste possession and we will get it 9 times out of ten.
when we get it we will give the ball to our fresh legged attacking sub and go and score before they even have chance to get back.

we stayed organised.
we forced them to lose the ball.
we broke quickly.
we created perfect chances.
but missed.
and conceded a scrappy goal when we forgot to defend properly as we failed to get back into shape after the danns miss.

i know some don't like the tactic but its too easy to say if Dougie had stayed 442 we would have won, and we only drew because his tactic was an error.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If anyone has any doubts at all about DF then they should have listened to the people in the game who really know their stuff, to late now but I can see more of the same next season.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:The part about Palace is complete nonsense.

Only a numbskull would continue to play tactics with the wrong players then  clown 

This is my criticism of Dougie - square peg/round hole. In mitigation, if the plan was always to sell off the high earners and replace them (I think it was) then it makes sense to get the whole club playing that way so that when squad members are needed to step up, they will know what their job is. To some extent he has sacrificed short term success for the longer term vision.
He does come across as dougmatic.
 :tumbleweed:

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:If anyone has any doubts at all about DF then they should have listened to the people in the game who really know their stuff, to late now but I can see more of the same next season.

Megson?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum