Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did none of you see this yesterday? - Mavies £6 million to Swansea - NIXON

+10
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Norpig
Culcheth_White
Lofty_Love
Sluffy
ric_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
Copper Dragon
14 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes it's from the gobshite but I bet most of you would take £6 million for him.

Swansea boss Michael Laudrup is ready to make a new £6million move for Bolton's midfield maestro Mark Davies.

The Welsh club tried and failed with a couple of bids for the former Wolves prospect at the start of the season - and now they plan to raid the Reebok next month.

Davies has had a decent campaign despite Bolton being stuck in the bottom half - and he scored a stunner against Ipswich at the weekend.

Wanderers blocked Swansea's attempts in the summer, but that attitude may change if they cannot force their way into the play-off picture in the next few weeks.

Boss Dougie Freedman is assessing his squad and if they do not improve he may need a sale to bring in a few players of his own.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

News to me, can't see him wanting to sell want of our better players...Unless he is told to do or the player puts a transfer request iin

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think £6 million, Mark Davies and Swansea City belong in the same sentence. Shocked

ric_bwfc

David Ngog
David Ngog

cant see it happening tbh.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hello and welcome Ric.

Good spot Copper, think most of us missed this story.

£6 million for Mavies - yes please!

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I said at the start of the season I would take six million for him,

I still would. Six million can go a very long way in the championship.

Some say hes our most creative and talented midfield player!? He has 0 assists.. Hes not had one good season with us, hes not even had a good quarter season.

He really isn't integral to our team at all.

Im not saying hes awful, but that Crystal Palace team probably cost Dougie six million in total!

Obviously we should be getting a few extra clauses in there, like percentage of next sale fee and whatever. Saying all that I don't think we will sell him.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I spotted the story yesterday. I tweeted Nixon and asked him will Bolton cash in on Mark Davies in January?

He replied, NO, that wasn't the plan, but it won't stop Swansea from trying.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Davies had a poor start to the season but has been excellent recently, wouldn't like to see him go but money talks and our board would probably snap their hand off!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd take 6million every day of the week, if swansea are silly enough to pay it then let them as I honestly don't think he is worth it.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are a lot of team about that are better than us and they've done it by making astute low-cost signings. Many of them are low profile players and yet whenever we seem to be in the market, everyone talks about players that we've all heard of and usually seen.

Swansea: Michu - £2 mill, Vorn - £1 mill and loads of other quality players picked up at bargain basement prices

Norwich: Pilkington, Holt, - apart from Howson and the other lad from Leeds they've never spent more than £1million or so, and yet they recently beat Manure and are on an undefeated 8 game streak

This division: loads of good quality players who have been sourced for a song - so why do we always seem to go for the higher profile/higher cost players? What are our scouts up to?

The sale of Mark Davies would only make sense if Dougie has a load of good players lined up that have flown below the radar and are prem quality at League 1 prices.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we want to get promoted then it's seems daft selling our best players. £6 million is a good price for a championship player but personally I would rather keep him.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:What are our scouts up to?

I reckon they get paid to play Football Manager all day!

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

50/50 on it .....he can be good if the right players are around him....that's not the case right now but Doog might have a plan.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ged rid for £6million imo. Hope Nixon is right.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'd do well there.

20% to wolves? Forget it, doubt this is even true to be fair Swansea signed ki from Celtic instead in summer, they don't need him.

Where the money we need to spend in January will come from will be interesting though, I really don't see who we can sell to generate funds.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie must have been given the facts and figures when he took the job. It's rumoured that Palace told him he only had £1 million available to spend on players at Palace come January ( subject to Zaha being sold)

What about our Sky parachute payments ? When do they kick in? It's not as if Wanderers fans have deserted the club in droves since relegation. Our average gate at home in the Championship is over 17,000 and we are virtually buying our full allocation for away games.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well we can get a tenner for SKD from Scunthorpe.....then a bag of meat pies for Mears from Oldham.....throw in a couple more quid and we can tempt Nobby Nolan and Matty Taylor back from West Ham.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum