Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Davies wants £30 million for Bolton - NIXON

+14
terenceanne
Copper Dragon
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
FullofSprite
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
Sluffy
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

£30 million is short change to some.

Come on and get your hand in your pocket and buy the club before it's too late!!!

Randy Lerner wants £100 million for Villa - he's cut that in half after getting no interest at £200 million. I think Kenwright wants around £150 million for Everton and supposedly Jeremy Peace wants £200 million for West Brom but talks broke down at that price.

So £30 million for us seems reasonable I suppose? But for any investment to be worthwhile financially surely we'd have to get back into the Premier League which would require investment from prospective buyers.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

no one will buy because there's no potential for a return on investment. We have no fans.

I remember when they were initially proposing the move to The Reebok and said it was going to cost £30 million but it wouldn't cost us a bean because it was all being done with "partnership funding" from the Middlebrook development.

But in the end that was a load of bollocks and it's what started our financial decline.

£30 million seems a nice round, fitting sum when you think about that......

Do you think we'll ever know the truth about this mess?

I don't.

But it is increasingly looking to me that when we got relegated from the Prem, Gartside & Moonshift's business plan went out of the window because it was 99% dependent on Sky's money.

All this talk about creating a "robust, sustainable business model" for the club was a load of bollocks.

And if anybody says what a great bloke ED is for writing off all this money we owe him, they're getting a swift kick in the scrote from me, because he's done very well out of all this over the last 15 years or so.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The fans could all chip in and buy it for 30 Million.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

based on about 10,000 season ticket holders that works out at £3000 each, sorry can't manage that i'm afraid (shit fan alert)

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:based on about 10,000 season ticket holders that works out at £3000 each, sorry can't manage that i'm afraid (shit fan alert)
I reckon if all the arm chair fans/ local businesses put 100 quid each in we'd get the 30 mill, offer him 25 mill .

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whittam International plc may be interested.

It'd be worth it just to turn some of you bellends away at the turnstiles.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Say what you like about ED but there aren't many people who'd be prepared to take such a hit in cutting their losses - if he can get out in time that is.

wanderlust wrote:Say what you like about ED but there aren't many people who'd be prepared to take such a hit in cutting their losses - if he can get out in time that is.

Is he though?

I've asked this before and I'm still no nearer the answer.

Does this £180 million quid actually exist anywhere outside of a grossly inflated balance sheet?

I'd like to see some simple sums:

The amount of hard cash he has personally put directly into the club - The amount of hard cash he has personally received back = what "we" owe him.

And if that's £180 million you can slap a frock on me and call me Natasha.

If I value my car at three million quid for tax purposes and it gets written off in a crash, should I expect Royal London to write me a cheque for £3 million minus my excess?

No, should I bollocks and it's the same with ED and the missing fantasy millions in my view.

There has been something in it for him and the rest of the Moonshift Gang for years, otherwise they would all have bailed years ago, so that leads me to believe that they've all been doing very nicely out of our supposed spiralling debt along the way.

Just my cynical opinion, but I just can't see ED as any sort of altruistic benefactor on this one.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

30 mill is an absolute bargain for a club like ours. We have so much potential, only a matter of time before some rich Cnut buys us now that ED has promised to wipe the debt

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:no one will buy because there's no potential for a return on investment. We have no fans.
We have fans - they turned up against Derby and Forest and 10,000 are season ticket holders. 

Right person could get a return on their investment, but would involve cutting back, selling Euxton, ditching the hotel and making it into flats etc.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We got 16k against forrest. Nothing to write home about for a so called big club in the championship, we used to get absolutely dismal crowds playing in Europe at the absolute height of our success. 

If the product is improved yes I do believe we have enough fans to get 23-25k or just below every week but that is the absolute peak IMO. An investor will want to believe in the fantasy that our club could be an Everton/Villa type club. 

A proper fan base like Leeds got 27k for their game against Burnley.

There are over 750,000 people living in Leeds, whereas Bolton's population is about 275,000 according to the last census.

So proportionately, we're better supported than they are.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Based on population,WBA are the best supported club in the country.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

If the product is improved yes I do believe we have enough fans to get 23-25k or just below every week but that is the absolute peak IMO.

And that's the key - would a potential investor commit to improving the product? One would assume that they would have to in order to get a decent ROI.

As to who buys the club, we are at the mercy of the market and nobody knows if we'll get a benefactor or a Venky's.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:We got 16k against forrest. Nothing to write home about for a so called big club in the championship, we used to get absolutely dismal crowds playing in Europe at the absolute height of our success. 

If the product is improved yes I do believe we have enough fans to get 23-25k or just below every week but that is the absolute peak IMO. An investor will want to believe in the fantasy that our club could be an Everton/Villa type club. 

A proper fan base like Leeds got 27k for their game against Burnley.

We averaged 23,670 the year we got relegated. 

But to be honest crowd levels are irrelevant to investors really, the TV revenue is so huge that a few thousand swing in attendance is neither here nor there.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A villa type club? They've fought relegation for the past 5 years

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Post your 100 quid to CEF, lets buy the club.

Things are looking up .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum