Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newspaper bull? - Bolton set Fee at £3.5 million for Mark Davies

+11
CEF
doffcocker
Lofty_Love
terenceanne
chipbutty
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
largehat
Born to be a wanderer
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Surely this is not true.Mavies earnt 3 pens v Wolves,Villa,WBA.He also equalised v Stoke albeit from arebound but he gets busy round the box.He is one of our assetts £8-10 million but £3.5 peanuts.Thought Eddie Davies was bank rolling the £30 million shortfall so if you want to get up at the first attempt you dont sell your prize assetts.FFS .If Davies goes for £3.5 million i will burn my season ticket.Ill ring the Bolton News and do in front of the cameras.Evil or Very Mad

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't think there's any truth in that. Davies is worth about double.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Born to be a wanderer wrote:Surely this is not true.Mavies earnt 3 pens v Wolves,Villa,WBA.He also equalised v Stoke albeit from arebound but he gets busy round the box.He is one of our assetts £8-10 million but £3.5 peanuts.Thought Eddie Davies was bank rolling the £30 million shortfall so if you want to get up at the first attempt you dont sell your prize assetts.FFS .If Davies goes for £3.5 million i will burn my season ticket.Ill ring the Bolton News and do in front of the cameras.Evil or Very Mad

He's useless, I'd be glad to get shut. 3.5p seems about his worth.

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Its on Bolton Wanderers news now.Im sure its some journalist with his fat stomach engulfing his 1 inch penis trying to ruin my day off.

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha you do talk some bollocks.I know you are only vying for a reaction so who are our best players and i know theirs noJJ.s or Youris but you go girl.Becuase if Davies goes it leaves Pratley,Holden,Vela in central midfield.Question

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:I don't think there's any truth in that. Davies is worth about double.

that's one player down then now...

we all know full well gartside will snap anyone's hand off for any of our players.

even if we play hard-ball, i can see mark Davies having a strop and putting in a request to leave anyway.

great...

the vultures are circling already...

Newcastle he will end up at i think...

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he'd be a terrific purchase for anyone looking to use him in the right way.

i would say a fee of around 6 million would be fair.

I'd be very sad to see him go, but if Coyle insists on using him in the middle then quite honestly i'd wish him well at another club.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Born to be a wanderer wrote:Natasha you do talk some bollocks.I know you are only vying for a reaction so who are our best players and i know theirs noJJ.s or Youris but you go girl.Becuase if Davies goes it leaves Pratley,Holden,Vela in central midfield.Question

Natasha thought Jay Jay was "shit"

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I Rest my case for the prosecution!.Can you imagine being her fella.Our 5 bedroom in Marbella is just to small,and my baby Bentley is 12 months old now.Its so Yesterday.God these Jimmy Choos are just not what they you,sd to be.Dont get me started on the size of the Diamond in this Ring.Very Happy

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It is probably bolloks but if it was I reckon the board would accept 3.5 for him to be honest. I'd say he is worth £5million but when have we ever let a player go for top dollar?

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Which newspaper was this gem of information from. The tabloids have no idea how much a club will accept for a player (unless they tap into PGs mobile). They just makeup a figure to fill out the spaces in-between the photos and the ads.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:he'd be a terrific purchase for anyone looking to use him in the right way.

Ha ha, biggest load of bollocks I've ever read.

You can either play or you can't. Of course certain formations/tactics help you, but they aren't the difference between a total stump and a worldbeater.

Give me ONE game this season where Mark Davies had a great game, creating chance after chance for the strikers. You can't because there isn't one. Good players have good games regardless of the tactics employed by the manager.

Face it, he's just crap.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Natasha thought Jay Jay was "shit"

JJ Okocha was a decent player, but far from the brilliant genius he is made out to be. Fair enough though, no one could pass a ball sideways or boot it into row Z as often as JJ.

He was average, nothing more and nothing less. Oh, and how quickly you idiots forget the infamous Garth Crookes interview on the BBC when JJ touted himself to the world. He's just another Alan Stubbs.

Any players over the last 10 years, who were above average Natasha?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha, Okocha had outrageous ability. He wasn't the most consistent player ever, but to describe him as "shit" or even "average" is ridiculous. He's the most skilful player ever to play for Bolton Wanderers.

I've also no idea what BBC interview you're on about, but he left the club at exactly the right time, at the age of 32. The fact that he went to Qatar, and not a club in a decent league, proves this.

Alan Stubbs said "come and get me" on Match of the Day in the middle of the season, at the age of 24, having been a product of our youth system, right in the middle of the season and when we were desperate for him to stay and lead the team to survival.

I expect you're going out of the way to distort the facts regarding this supposed Okocha interview because, once again, when reminded of some of your ridiculous trolling of past months and years, you have no other choice.

Why would any Bolton Wanderers fan want to smear the reputation of Jay Jay Okocha?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Any players over the last 10 years, who were above average Natasha?

Anelka, Borgetti, Frandsen, Nolan.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Natasha, Okocha had outrageous ability. He wasn't the most consistent player ever, but to describe him as "shit" or even "average" is ridiculous. He's the most skilful player ever to play for Bolton Wanderers.

He was skilful yes, and if the PL was a keepie-uppie competition he'd have won it for us. But for all his skills when did they actually create a goal? I'll tell you, never. Even when he did that flick over someones head near the corner flag (that was on the opening credits of Match of the Day) against Arsenal - people forget he ran the ball out of bloody play!

Bolton fans forget very easily. The Garth Crookes interview had people in uproar, he basically told the world he wanted a bigger stage than Bolton - but no one came in for him because people who know football know that he is all skill and no end product.

Borgetti and Nolan better than Okocha? I've never heard such garbage. I wasn't in uproar after the Garth Crooks interview, towards the end he wasn't playing as much and wasn't quite as effective at that point, not every player has to play till their 40 and retire at Bolton for them to of been a legend. Plus he'd lost a load of money in some Nigerian investment and we didn't want to give him a big contract, seems fair enough wanting to move on.

He scored a screamer against West Ham at the Reebok, the two free kicks against Villa, he scored two and set up pedersen with a great pass against Charlton at home we won 4-1, that was one of my favourite jj performances. All that off the top of my head, there were many more.

Yet you'd rate Jared Borgetti above him? We never saw anywhere near the best out of him so I don't know how you make that judgement. Clearly your just trying to wind people up with nonsense like this, unfortunately its worked on me.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm not agreeing with Natasha but I have said before that Mavies could be one of those players who never reaches his potential. He has plenty of skill and makes one good run every game. However he disappears for long periods of most games and too many backwards and sideways passes for my liking. He could do well in the Championship so I wouldn't sell him at present.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Yet you'd rate Jared Borgetti above him? We never saw anywhere near the best out of him so I don't know how you make that judgement. Clearly your just trying to wind people up with nonsense like this, unfortunately its worked on me.

So you're another one who thinks that anyone who doesn't agree with you must be on the "wind-up".

Nolan was superb for a couple of seasons, why not try using your own Okocha logic and try and remember when he was good. If we'd had a player like Nolan last season we'd still be in he PL.

Borgetti was the best striker we've had, other than Anelka, in the last 10 years. It was just a pity Fat Sam didn't give him a proper chance. His ratio of goals to starts was impressive.

Okocha was a decent player who scored some important goals and, more importantly, paved the way for better players who contributed more. But he was greedy, wasteful and his end product was overall pretty rubbish. Four or five good goals over 3 seasons doesn't make up for the lack of end product in the majority of his career.

Also, you seem to be defending his right to tout himself to other clubs while under contract to BWFC just because he was in his 30's and from Nigeria! He's no different to Stubbs and all the other wankers who thought they were better than BWFC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum