Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Davies to Liverpool for £6 million

+9
Harold77
Lofty_Love
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
chipbutty
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sounds like complete bollocks to me - but here is the story -

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is eyeing Bolton’s Mark Davies in a £6million swoop after missing out on Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Iceland midfielder Sigurdsson, who starred for Rodgers at Swansea last season on loan from Hoffenheim, is set to complete an £8million move to Tottenham next week, once Andre Villas-Boas is confirmed as their new manager.

But Rodgers is also a big fan of Davies and previously considered signing him for Swansea.

The attacking midfielder, 24, shone last term, scoring four goals for a Wanderers side that ended up being relegated to the Championship.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

"The attacking midfielder, 24, shone last term"

I have had more shine out of my arse.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

£6 million??? We would never get such a good price for him, must be bollocks.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

After King Kenny's efforts in the transfer market I can't see the Scousers being to impressed with this news but 'Eyeing a possible £6m swoop' is a very long way from MD becoming a 'Red'.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have the car ready, I'm driving Mark Davies there myself. I'll accept £600, nevermind £6m.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I have the car ready, I'm driving Mark Davies there myself. I'll accept £600, nevermind £6m.

If the scousers are daft enough to give the 6million then take it and nothing less!!!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Brendan Rodgers is no fool. If he wants to make Mavies his first signing it will be for a damn good reason.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:"The attacking midfielder, 24, shone last term"

I have had more shine out of my arse.

No you didn't.

As ever last season he was inconsistent and faded toward the end of the season.

but when he was employed a bit further forward with Muamba for protection he influenced the game a lot more.

If other managers have seen what he can do in that role they will happily bid what is a tiny amount for him.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Give it up Hipster, he's the most overated player of the last 5 years.

He's done it in flashes, but I don't remember ever watching a game and thinking that Davies dominated the midfield.

He was pitiful after Christmas, he should have been dropped.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Davies put in a few outstanding performances last season, but I agree he is not consistent enough. Liverpool at home, Blackburn away spring to mind. You have to bear in mind he was playing in a shit team.

Look at Cahill. All last season Nat, you said he was a liability and would be Chelsea's weak link, well you were proven wrong with that prediction and judgement. I know you won't accept this, but Cahill was immense in the Champions League Final and was a certainty to start every game at the Euros before he had his jaw broken.

It's no coincidence to me that a creative, lightweight, ball playing midfielder had a worse season in the shambles last season than he did the season before, when he was used more effectively and was part of a better side.

I'd refer you back to my last post, Rodgers will have recognised that Mark Davies will do very well in a side which is playing well and passing the ball well.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Give it up Hipster, he's the most overated player of the last 5 years.

He's done it in flashes, but I don't remember ever watching a game and thinking that Davies dominated the midfield.

He was pitiful after Christmas, he should have been dropped.

The only players who "dominate" midfield are people like Xavi, Pirlo, Scholes, Gerrard.

the other way is to get 2 or 3 likeminded players of lesser quality who have the ability to pass and move, the sort of thing we've seen at Swansea last season.

I agree he doesn't demand the ball enough, but the number one problem is we, as a TEAM, never have the majority of possession, and when we do it's thrown up to Davo by the likes of Knight and Steinsson.

Again, if you expect a player of Mark Davies' quality to play like Xavi, you'll be disappointed.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Look at Cahill. All last season Nat, you said he was a liability and would be Chelsea's weak link, well you were proven wrong with that prediction and judgement. I know you won't accept this, but Cahill was immense in the Champions League Final and was a certainty to start every game at the Euros before he had his jaw broken.

To use your own analogy, you say Davies doesn't dominate because he's in a shit team, well I say Cahill looks decent because he's in a good team.

The fact is Bolton were a better team when he left, gaining more points and letting in fewer goals. If we'd had Ream & Wheater all season we wouldn't have gone down.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

The only players who "dominate" midfield are people like Xavi, Pirlo, Scholes, Gerrard.

I think you're WUMing now.

I don't expect anyone to dominate against United or City, but against the likes of Wolves, Rovers, Norwich & QPR a good player would play consistently for 90 minutes.

You're basically saying a good player will only shine when playing with other good players.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Mark Davies doesn't work in our team, so he isn't going to help us, so if someone is offering this amount of money then I would take it straight away.

He could very well blossom into a good player at a new club, but right now all he has to offer us is one or two of his 'little runs' every three games so whats the point in keeping him if it clearly isn't working.

And Eagles is a better CAM than Davies, unfortunately they are both shite wingers.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
To use your own analogy, you say Davies doesn't dominate because he's in a shit team, well I say Cahill looks decent because he's in a good team.

And we're both right. You can't judge a player fully when he is in a shit team, which, as Hipster says, can't keep the ball. Cahill himself said that there's only so many last ditch tackles and blocks you can do before the opposition inevitably will score.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
The fact is Bolton were a better team when he left, gaining more points and letting in fewer goals. If we'd had Ream & Wheater all season we wouldn't have gone down.

Just because we picked up more points when he left doesn't mean there is a causal relationship between the two. We started picking up points at a rate which would have ensured our survival had we extrapolated that points to games ratio across the earlier part of the season a month before he left. Cahill was immense in his last game at Everton, was he not? Did you watch that game and think, "yes lets cash in"?

I'm sure you'd argue that if we had Nicky Hunt at right back we wouldn't have gone down, because it isn't what happened and you can't be proven wrong.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lofty_Love wrote:
And Eagles is a better CAM than Davies, unfortunately they are both shite wingers.

You're having a giraffe. Eagles? Do you not wonder why clubs like Newcastle and Liverpool aren't being linked with him if he's better than Mark Davies?

Harold77

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

largehat wrote:Brendan Rodgers is no fool. If he wants to make Mavies his first signing it will be for a damn good reason.

Because Rogers is a cheap nobody who won't be managing Liverpool very long.He's not even got the pedigree of Roy Hodgson who wasn't "big enough" for Anfield.If he genuinely thinks Mark Davies is good enough for Liverpool then I am amazed.I don't think he's good enough for Bolton.When Holden and Lee are back he doesn't get in Bolton's team.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Like HN, I reckon he was never played in the right position when he was purely midfielder. Immediately behind the attack ws where he had the room to play, not one of a rigid line of midfielders. Having said that, if OC uses the same tactics this year, we may as well sell him

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Harold77 wrote:

Because Rogers is a cheap nobody who won't be managing Liverpool very long.He's not even got the pedigree of Roy Hodgson who wasn't "big enough" for Anfield.If he genuinely thinks Mark Davies is good enough for Liverpool then I am amazed.I don't think he's good enough for Bolton.When Holden and Lee are back he doesn't get in Bolton's team.

It's all hypothetical, can't really answer this unless and until Davies signs for Liverpool.

I think if you ask Liverpool fans their issue with Hodgson wasn't that he "wasn't big enough for Loverpool", but tht he signed poor players, had a poor relationship with the fans from the off, and didn't fit in. Well if you have 20 jobs in your career there's bound to be at least 1 where your face doesn't fit.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

largehat wrote:
Lofty_Love wrote:

You're having a giraffe. Eagles? Do you not wonder why clubs like Newcastle and Liverpool aren't being linked with him if he's better than Mark Davies?

because the press print crap about every young player, especially ones whom their manager has compared them to Gazza..

Eagles has scored one less goal than Davies in one season than Davies has ever for Bolton. Last season Eagles got 7 assists, Davies got 3.

Eagles is a centre attacking mid, not a winger like he got played in out of necessity last season, when he was played as CAM he was actually very effective. And when Davies is played on the wing he is far worse than Eagles.

I don't care if he can do a bit of dribbling, he does F all in our team, and thats what matters.

Would you seriously not sell Davies for 6 mill?

6 mill must be close to the cost of our whole back 5

Just because someone looks like they have promise doesn't mean we should keep them, he obviously doesn't fit into our team and 6 mill is a fantastic price for him.. if only the rumour was actually real

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum