Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Davies wants £30 million for Bolton - NIXON

+14
terenceanne
Copper Dragon
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
FullofSprite
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
Sluffy
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

What's the Euromillions jackpot tonight?

Anybody know?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Post your 100 quid to CEF, lets buy the club.

Things are looking up .

Hahaha

scottjames30 wrote:Post your 100 quid to CEF, lets buy the club.

Things are looking up .

Laughing

Boggersbelief wrote:A villa type club? They've fought relegation for the past 5 years

Villa are a massive club, the potential for growth is huge.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:A villa type club? They've fought relegation for the past 5 years

Villa are a massive club, the potential for growth is huge.

Go and support them then

I've hated the Villa since Wembley in 2000. 

Plus sites like this would crumble without my input, I'd feel too guilty.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And what have we done?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

And what have we done?

I never said we were massive

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't really like Villa.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are cheaper than Everton have turned down for Stones.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we'll get a viewing soon enough, 30 million is a steal.

We'll get 100 million when we go up.

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:We got 16k against forrest. Nothing to write home about for a so called big club in the championship, we used to get absolutely dismal crowds playing in Europe at the absolute height of our success. 

If the product is improved yes I do believe we have enough fans to get 23-25k or just below every week but that is the absolute peak IMO. An investor will want to believe in the fantasy that our club could be an Everton/Villa type club. 

A proper fan base like Leeds got 27k for their game against Burnley.
Blackburn got 14,000 crowd tonight - 2500 were Bolton fans

If you admire Leeds so much go and support them. We're a traditional town club. 

Early rounds of Europa don't attract big crowds anyway. Also we had a boring manager when we were last in Europe with a chairman who ordered the manager to get out of Europe fast.

Had Bruce rioch taken us into Europe - latter stages we would have had full houses

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

FullofSprite wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:We got 16k against forrest. Nothing to write home about for a so called big club in the championship, we used to get absolutely dismal crowds playing in Europe at the absolute height of our success. 

If the product is improved yes I do believe we have enough fans to get 23-25k or just below every week but that is the absolute peak IMO. An investor will want to believe in the fantasy that our club could be an Everton/Villa type club. 

Blackburn got 14,000 crowd tonight - 2500 were Bolton fans

If you admire Leeds so much go and support them. We're a traditional town club. 

Early rounds of Europa don't attract big crowds anyway. Also we had a boring manager when we were last in Europe with a chairman who ordered the manager to get out of Europe fast.

Had Bruce rioch taken us into Europe - latter stages we would have had full houses
Not to mention Leeds is a city with only one club. We are a small town surrounded by the likes of UTD, City etc.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can admire a club without wanting to support them. Don't really understand why people always say stupid things like that. 

Fact is Leeds is a top club with top fans.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds are a top club with real hard fans like me.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, Leeds is a "top club" renowned for being well run and sticking by their managers.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is Iles' view:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Perhaps an over-simplistic take on things, but nonetheless interesting. I particularly like the reasoning that we kept on spending from 2006 because Eddie kept signing the cheques - despite Duckworth pointing out that it was unsustainable.

I guess most managers would keep spending if the Chair was willing to bankroll everything.

Also like the idea of being at a "financial crossroads". Problem is nobody seems interested and we've been on the market at £30 million for some time already.

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

We can get 28,000 if the club was run right. It would take time now I grant you, but they could do it. Have to get other income streams first and that means plugging the £10,000,000 a year leak.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:You can admire a club without wanting to support them. 

And Hipster admires Leeds because he likes to be 'troll' different.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:A proper fan base like Leeds got 27k for their game against Burnley.

It's funny how it was down to 22,500 for the Yolksheer derby against Wednesday. I wonder why that was, as if we needed to ask?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum