Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Davies wants £30 million for Bolton - NIXON

+14
terenceanne
Copper Dragon
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
FullofSprite
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
Sluffy
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Leeds_Trotter wrote:The buyer HAS to be right for the club. We don't want someone who doesn't care or know anything about football running the show.
Are you saying they were right to reject Nats bid then?

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Leeds_Trotter wrote:The buyer HAS to be right for the club. We don't want someone who doesn't care or know anything about football running the show.
On the other hand all this uncertainty is doing damage to the club and the business

Yeah, we've had enough of that already.....

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

FullofSprite wrote:
On the other hand all this uncertainty is doing damage to the club and the business
And I thought it was due to the lack of a striker!

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

observer wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:
And I thought it was due to the lack of a striker!

People in charge of the club now no nowt about football Shocked and certainly no idea about running a successful business.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

10 years in the prem and European success. Yeah what know nothing's.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:10 years in the prem and European success. Yeah what know nothing's.
We are all sore since the debt has skyrocketed while the club has plummeted.  PG has done a brilliant job as an accountant and financial advisor to Eddie.  Unfortunately, we are more interested in success on the pitch than success for the investors.  It's like any other business that puts those in charge at the top of the pyramid.  Very little trickles down.  In fact, this has made lost for the shareholders while PG's salary has stayed at the top.  This is not unlike any other business.  I'm sure Eddie has saved us at one time, and now he wants to maximize his buy-out from the club.  PG wants to get one last payday before he departs or he has a lucrative buy-out.  Either way, we care about the team... and they care about selling out at the best price possible.  Those ends will never mesh, so we play on without a striker, without depth, and we hope to break even in doing so.  Maybe this will turn out well in the end for both sides.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

One thing is for sure, the outlook on the field won't improve until it is sold on.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

In simple terms, who would want to spend around £30 million on a club whose gate receipts and car park have already been mortgaged to others for the next five years, who will need to invest several more million on new and better players (transfer fees and wages) and probably a new management team too(?), with no chance of promotion this season (transfer window shuts tomorrow until January)?

Makes me laugh how so people on many forums think that the £30 million price is an absolute bargain!

I think Davies will need to take a much bigger hit if he really does want to sell.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

MartinBWFC wrote:The problem as I see it is this, Gartside by all accounts is being charged with looking out for a buyer, now as I see it, he aint going to speak to any parties that will threaten his cushy lifestyle, altgough ED does want out and willing to cut his losses, Gartside will only ever look after his own interest, the fat slimy prick would rather us go into administration than see his salary cut off.

THIS ^^

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Alf Hooker wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:The problem as I see it is this, Gartside by all accounts is being charged with looking out for a buyer, now as I see it, he aint going to speak to any parties that will threaten his cushy lifestyle, altgough ED does want out and willing to cut his losses, Gartside will only ever look after his own interest, the fat slimy prick would rather us go into administration than see his salary cut off.

THIS ^^

Not this.

The board of which Gartside is the chair is appointed by the shareholders of the business.

Davies owns over 95% of the business and apparently as we are led to believe the vast bulk of the debt.

As I've explained before only those who are owed money by a business can apply for Administration, so it would be nonsensical for Davies to take himself into Administration.

I doubt there will be a long queue of people wanting to buy the club off Davies so I doubt any serious bidder would be side tracked by Gartside even if he was worried about his position or not.

Fwiw it is my opinion that Gartside is probably an investor in the club anyway as one of the Moonshift investors. I've no prove obviously but it would make sense particularly in regards to his continued security of tenure in his position and his annual remuneration package.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum