Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Till I Die!

+3
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sat May 10 2014, 20:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't really agree about Phil. Even Barry Fry sacked him as his assistant. I suppose we should be arguing about the future,the past takes care of itself.

22Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sat May 10 2014, 20:14

CEF wrote:Our best players are actually OC signings and besides the odd good loanee, DF's signings have been pretty shit.

Aside from Wheater (who Dougie's getting the best out of now after getting him fit), who do you mean?

23Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sat May 10 2014, 20:14

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Bonce, can I have next weeks lottery numbers!!??

We can only debate the past because Mystic Meg is a fraud.

24Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sat May 10 2014, 20:16

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Well 1874, Ream just got player of the year. Spraring got it last year. Both brought to the club by OC. Need I go on'?

25Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sat May 10 2014, 20:18

Neither of whom were any good under Coyle, Dougies undoubtedly getting more out of them. Should probably go on a little bit in light of that.

26Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sat May 10 2014, 20:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:Bonce, can I have next weeks lottery numbers!!??

We can only debate the past because Mystic Meg is a fraud.
9-16-22-33-34-36. Bonus ball 7.  Very Happy

27Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sat May 10 2014, 20:40

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Cheers. Can you just imagine if....

28Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sat May 10 2014, 20:54

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're going to now have to put them numbers on....Just in case

29Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sat May 10 2014, 20:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:Cheers. Can you just imagine if....
Christ! I'll have to put the bastards on now,just on the off chance!

30Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sat May 10 2014, 21:05

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Haha. I'm putting them on too. Smile

31Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sat May 10 2014, 21:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

CEF wrote:Sluffy - a commendable reply with many good points. But don't fudge the issue here. DF has never managed in the Prem and probably never will.

Don't misunderstand my point - I fully understand Coyle's short-comings. I just think he got unlucky in our relegation season and actually conducted himself very well all considered.

Some of his signings were bad, but even Big Sam made some bad calls. My issue isn't around Coyle. I worry that DF isn't up to the job. Our best players are actually OC signings and besides the odd good loanee, DF's signings have been pretty shit.

Well of course we can only play the cards in our hand so really it is up to how Freedman performs with us which will probably determine if he ever does get to manage in the Premier.

I take the view that any manager would have been in an impossible position to do much with the club following Coyle's disastrous tenure.

I think the general consensus is that there have only been three players worth any mention this season, Ream, Juke and Bogdan - of which only one was a Coyle signing.

Seeing that Freedman as had little money to play with it is hardly surprising to me that his signings - mostly 'frees' have been limited in their success so far.  They certainly are not on the scale of big money flops such as Ngog and Sordell, or the long conteact high wages knightmares as Mears, Pratley and Andrews.

Seeing it is still only a year and a half since Coyle was sacked, it doesn't really say much at all about the players he left behind imo.

I tend to think though that Freedman generally has a good eye for a player - and some of our recent loans - Juke, Mason, Hutton, McNaughton - have been very succesful for us.

For what it is worth I still have hope in Freedman and the coming season will show whether it is misplaced or not.

On a personal note, I am aware that you are a significant poster on another site JA606 and of the Trojan work you do on there but do hope that you will find the time to post more frequently on here for the enjoyment and stimulation of the Nuts posters particularly myself.

I hope that is not too cringeworthy but I'm not embarrassed to express my views publically if it helps to make Nuts a better place for all of us.

PS - if you win the lotto with those numbers can you buy Juke for us please!

32Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sat May 10 2014, 21:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:Haha. I'm putting them on too. Smile
We'll all have a box at The Reebok. Sorry,'Macron'.

33Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sat May 10 2014, 21:25

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy - this coming season will put this debate to bed. The 'supposed' experts say that 4 transfer windows makes or breaks a manager. DF is entering his 4th window so we will see.

Thanks for your comment, and yes, I will be posting a lot more!!

34Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sat May 10 2014, 21:26

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Bonce, prawn sandwiches all round Smile

35Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sat May 10 2014, 21:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:Bonce, prawn sandwiches all round Smile
I'm a veggie. Cheese and tomato for me. :good:

36Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sat May 10 2014, 21:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

CEF wrote:Sluffy - this coming season will put this debate to bed. The 'supposed' experts say that 4 transfer windows makes or breaks a manager. DF is entering his 4th window so we will see.

Thanks for your comment, and yes, I will be posting a lot more!!

Agreed.

And excellent news, a massive plus for Nuts particularly for any of our members who may not already be familiar with your endeavours on 606.

37Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sat May 10 2014, 21:44

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Well we are all BWFC fans. And that is all that really matters!

38Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sun May 11 2014, 20:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:Sluffy - this coming season will put this debate to bed. The 'supposed' experts say that 4 transfer windows makes or breaks a manager. DF is entering his 4th window so we will see.

I couldn't agree more. Next season is make or break for Dougie. No more excuses. The last of the parachute payments means it is shit or bust.

39Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sun May 11 2014, 20:14

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The final year of his contract too isn't it, so I suspect if he's shite we'll definetly get rid and try our fortunes with another manager.

40Bolton Till I Die! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Till I Die! Sun May 11 2014, 20:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big Sam will be free.  Wink 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum