Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bogdan - What would you do?

+14
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
doffcocker
MartinBWFC
bryan458
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Tigermin
terenceanne
Reebok_Rebel
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Stay, go or spend?

Bogdan - What would you do? Vote_lcap21%Bogdan - What would you do? Vote_rcap 21% [ 6 ]
Bogdan - What would you do? Vote_lcap18%Bogdan - What would you do? Vote_rcap 18% [ 5 ]
Bogdan - What would you do? Vote_lcap39%Bogdan - What would you do? Vote_rcap 39% [ 11 ]
Bogdan - What would you do? Vote_lcap21%Bogdan - What would you do? Vote_rcap 21% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Bogdan - What would you do? Sat May 17 2014, 22:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He's in the last year of his contract - would you try to sell him now, let him go for free in a year or give him a new contract (even if it means we have less to spend to bring new players in)?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

WANDERERS are weighing up whether to offer Adam Bogdan an extended contract this summer.

Dougie Freedman wants to keep his Hungarian keeper, who is entering into the final year of his current deal, but admits the club’s tight financial situation could count against him.

The Scot must now gamble on whether to spend some of his budget securing the 26-year-old to a longer deal – or risk losing him for nothing next summer.

Bogdan, one of only six players signed for next season who played for Wanderers in the Premier League, has made no secret of his desire to return to the top flight.

He has admirers both at home and on the continent, but insists he is happy at Bolton, leaving Freedman with a tough decision to make in the next couple of months.

“Adam is someone who has been playing very well and enjoying his football, he’s definitely someone who we have got an eye on extending the contract,” Freedman told The Bolton News. “But as you know, I have also got to have an eye on the budget.

"That is where we are – I need to find that balance.

“I need to look at the money we have got and wonder whether to take that risk, or secure the asset to try and sell it, or to build it. There are many, many things to take into consideration.

“But we definitely appreciate Adam at this football club.”

Bogdan won the club’s player of the year award as Wanderers dropped into the Championship in 2012 but saw his form and confidence dip when the club struggled to adjust to life outside the top flight.

That inconsistency bled into this season when a knee injury forced him out of the team, leaving Andy Lonergan to take over the number one spot for nearly four months.

But Freedman has paid tribute to the way Bogdan responded after his injury, recovering to take the gloves back from Lonergan and finish the campaign strongly.

“When I first came to the football club I could not believe that certain sections of the fans were giving him some stick,” Freedman said. “I can’t hide away from that, I was disappointed.

“I think those people have now changed their attitude because he’s a goalkeeper who, in my eyes, is one of the best in the division. “His distribution, his kicking, is all improving because he works hard every day and credit to Lee Turner for that.

“I think he has finished the season very strongly. In my eyes I brought him back into the team at the right time and credit to him for how he has played.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Sun May 18 2014, 04:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully we make the premier league next year and will be able to offer him a deal in the summer. I would risk it and not offer him one till then.

3Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Sun May 18 2014, 10:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We've invested a lot of time and effort in Boggers, and he's now starting to show his abilities. Extend his contract, because, even if we sell him later, we'll still get a good price for him, and at his current rate of improvement, we have, potentially, an excellent goalkeeper. Lets not make the Al Habsi mistake again, especially as Boggers can be a much bigger and better player.

4Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Sun May 18 2014, 10:50

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reading that, it sounds like he has plans on pulling a jussi on us anyway.

5Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Sun May 18 2014, 13:07

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I would spend some cash to keep him but not an outrageous amount. To me he does not dominate that area but he is still young for a goalie and may improve further.

6Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Sun May 18 2014, 13:19

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Definately do all we can to keep him,he is an excellent keeper and is improving year on year and to be frank who would you replace him with,that is cheaper and with the same ability? The same argument applies to Mavies and Ream do all we can to keep our best players. Mind you that all kind of falls apart when we give Trotter a 3 year deal and Pratley is still stealing a wage.

7Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Sun May 18 2014, 13:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Couldn't care less really.

He's an average keeper and average keepers are readily available.

Once again, amazing how Bolton fans can overlook the months and months of mistakes and goals conceded just because he has a few half decent games when the pressure is off.

8Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Sun May 18 2014, 13:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Reading that, it sounds like he has plans on pulling a jussi on us anyway.

Spend 15 years with us as a top class keeper? Sweet.

9Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Sun May 18 2014, 15:30

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd sell him and put Lonergan in as our no1, the Preston lad is as good, at the end of the day Bogdan was only playing well towards the end for his new contract, that's what they do isn't it.

If he signs it he'll go back to his old shit ways.

10Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Sun May 18 2014, 22:07

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sell him, if anyone's daft enough to pay money for him, he is fucking shit, a calamity waiting to happen!!!!!!!

11Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Mon May 19 2014, 00:07

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I do doubt your affinity to BWFC, never heard a bigger moaning fucker than you, go out get laid, you may enjoy that.

12Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Mon May 19 2014, 00:27

Never heard of Whittam.....?

Anyroad, you're on a beach with a cocktail in your hand, chatting up Yank touristas, so show some understanding for the plight of the rest of us who are stuck in the North West of England with Gartside and his bollocks. (Not his actual nuts, I mean the shit he talks.)

You were only back two minutes and you kept crying about how cold it was, ya big girl.

We have to fucking live here, so cut us some slack......

13Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Mon May 19 2014, 00:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:I do doubt your affinity to BWFC, never heard a bigger moaning fucker than you, go out get laid, you may enjoy that.

Agreed. Lighten up Scott

14Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Mon May 19 2014, 00:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Atleast Djorkaeff still loves the club, he's just tweeted this - @LeSnake6: Proud to feel that the passion is still alive #wandererforlife #bwfc

15Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Mon May 19 2014, 00:54

Boggersbelief wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:I do doubt your affinity to BWFC, never heard a bigger moaning fucker than you, go out get laid, you may enjoy that.

Agreed. Lighten up Scott

What the fuck are you on about?

I believe the kids today would label that as #epicfail

16Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Mon May 19 2014, 01:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

What the fuck are you on about?

I believe the kids today would label that as #epicfail

The thick ones maybe.

17Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Mon May 19 2014, 01:27

Possibly.

But the clever ones would see that you've confused two posts on here and responded to the wrong poster.

Martin was obviously commenting on bryan's post, not Scotty's...but you missed that.

Ah fuck it, life's too short for this type of thing.

Fuck it, Boggers.....we're all Bolton fans and I don't want to spend the rest of my life picking holes in comments on the internet.

All the best and keep on keeping on.

We're Bolton 'til we die, afterall........

18Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Mon May 19 2014, 01:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tbh I had thought Boogers was making a joke - we all knew Martin was having a pop at Bryan (uncalled for imo - but never mind) - but he switched it to Scotty for comic effect.

Maybe I've got it wrong.

If so everybody please feel free to #epicfail me!

:bow:

19Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Mon May 19 2014, 01:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I knew he was replying to Bryan, I just saw an opportunity to have a sly dig at Scott

20Bogdan - What would you do? Empty Re: Bogdan - What would you do? Mon May 19 2014, 01:44

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Tbh I had thought Boogers was making a joke - we all knew Martin was having a pop at Bryan (uncalled for imo - but never mind) - but he switched it to Scotty for comic effect.

Maybe I've got it wrong.

If so everybody please feel free to #epicfail me!

:bow:

Thank you sluffy, im glad somebody noticed my bad joke

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum