Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stan Collymore's tweet on the Falklands

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ex-Aston Villa star branded 'disrespectful' and 'ignorant' after claiming Britain 'thieved' ownership of South Atlantic islands

Former Villa star Stan Collymore has been branded “disrespectful” and “ignorant” in a Twitter row over the Falklands.

The £7 million striker found himself in his second Twitter row in 48 hours after claiming Britain “thieved” ownership of the South Atlantic outpost.

He added: “What glory, what triumph.

“A f****** island with sheep. Rule Britannia.”

Collymore was accused of “offending thousands” with the tweet, which also sparked anger among comrades of soldiers killed in the 1982 war.

The @falklands_urd Twitter account called his comment “disrespectful, ignorant and sad”.

And the official Twitter feed of the Falkland Islands Government added: “Very disappointed to hear Mr Collymore’s views on the #Falklands, factually incorrect and hurtful.”

The former England forward, now a Talksport radio pundit, insisted he not been disrespectful to Britain’s war dead.

Defending himself, he tweeted: “Not one mention of 1982, not one mention of our soldiers, navy or airmen, not one mention of Argentina.

“No mention of the 20th century!!”

On Saturday, Collymore had another Twitter row with ex-Apprentice candidate Katie Hopkins after a racist tweet was doctored to make it appear she had sent it to him.

Stan Collymore's tweet on the Falklands SNS2659B_121228a

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy 

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a complete tit, but an entertaining tit.

You "had him", Nat...?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:You "had him", Nat...?

No, I can do better. I have done better. Nuggy then Mavies.

The first one sent some Eastern European gangsters round you gaff to burn your fanny off (and if that's not a good reason to vote UKIP, I don't know what is, people) and the second one took you for a bowl of spaghetti in a former lap-dance bar on Bank Street.

You sure.....?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:The first one sent some Eastern European gangsters round you gaff to burn your fanny off (and if that's not a good reason to vote UKIP, I don't know what is, people) and the second one took you for a bowl of spaghetti in a former lap-dance bar on Bank Street.

You sure.....?

If you're going to post sensitive information at least have the decency to get your facts right. Nuggy didn't send gangsters "round to my gaff", I was on holiday in Bulgaria at his holiday villa. He claimed he was selling me into the sex slave business, but it was just a cover for fanny removal.

And Mavies is the perfect gentleman. He took me to Morecambe today and not once did he try and feel me up as we walked along the front. We got loads of attention from the tourists:

"What you doing with that jug earned ponce Natasha?"
"Your tits don't look wonky"
"How's the fanny?" Reply: "Mark's fine"

I suspect we'll be in Hello before long.

I'm off to talk to Amos about train time-tables and utility prices.....

He talks more sense...

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Is he gay?

Who...?

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Stan, i reckon ronaldo is a bit queer.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:The first one sent some Eastern European gangsters round you gaff to burn your fanny off (and if that's not a good reason to vote UKIP, I don't know what is, people) and the second one took you for a bowl of spaghetti in a former lap-dance bar on Bank Street.

You sure.....?

If you're going to post sensitive information at least have the decency to get your facts right. Nuggy didn't send gangsters "round to my gaff", I was on holiday in Bulgaria at his holiday villa. He claimed he was selling me into the sex slave business, but it was just a cover for fanny removal.

And Mavies is the perfect gentleman. He took me to Morecambe today and not once did he try and feel me up as we walked along the front. We got loads of attention from the tourists:

"What you doing with that jug earned ponce Natasha?"
"Your tits don't look wonky"
"How's the fanny?" Reply: "Mark's fine"

I suspect we'll be in Hello before long.
Funnily enough I saw Mavies in Morecambe yesterday walking along the Prom.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Soul Kitchen wrote:Funnily enough I saw Mavies in Morecambe yesterday walking along the Prom.

Was he walking his dog at the time?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Correct Sluffy, a little Yorkshire Terrier with a ribbon through it's collar. Hard as nails.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum