Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy Birthday Vendor, Welcome Vain and all of you 'lurkers' - Thread

+13
karlypants
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Numpty 28723
Mr Magoo
Sluffy
doffcocker
Keegan
gloswhite
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

doffcocker wrote:
Breadman wrote:I'm not having a go at anybody, but I honestly can't see the point of taking the trouble to join a forum and then never posting any comments....ever.

I've just viewed the members list and it appears there are loads of people who log in every day but never contribute anything.

You have to be a member to be able to view the forum.

Personally, I don't understand why. Sure, it brings in more members but not more posters (maybe one of the mods can prove me wrong). Surely the site is more likely to attract new contributors when people don't have to go through the rigmarole of registering before doing anything. It doesn't matter how easy you make it sound, there'll always be people that think "fuck this" the minute they realise it's a sign-up job. I'd have thought posting on a site like this starts off as a bit of halfhearted browsing for most people, so we really miss out in that respect.  

There's no secret to why we do it and the logic is self explanatory rely.

We are a forum - we need people to post - otherwise we would all have nothing to see - nobody would pop by - and we'd die.

When we started up we naively thought the multitude of other Bolton Forums would give us a plug or two to help us on our way - boy did we get that wrong!

Before you say of course other sites wouldn't help out a new kid on the block, another 'rival' - it was back then - and still is - very common for those sites to routinely post what news they have seen on other sites - and state where they saw it.  Only the other day The Wanderer forum had a whole thread about something that was first mentioned on Burnden Aces, whilst Wanderers Ways often discuss articles from The Manny Road site (Mavis forum) and Bolton Banter will talk about articles from The Lion of Vienna, etc, etc, etc.

What I'm saying is that all the sites know of all the other sites - thus most posters already know of most if not all of the other BWFC forums).

Well Bolton Mad and JA606 did allow us a mention but - and I'm not making this up - the owners of both the Wanderers Ways and the Mavis forum, both independantly went out of their way (and paid good money too!) to sabotage us - to sink us before we even got going! True story.

To this day you will see no mention of Nuts on those sites - nor Burnden Aces, and references to Nuts have been removed by The Wanderer and also Bolton Banter - even though we've been around for over two and a half years now!!!

So much for fraternity between Bolton fans - the tribe coming together, us standing as one!

So we thought fuck them, we'll do it on our own.

We did try to advertise ourselves the best we could - indeed we all still trying! - but we realised that by trying to be the best forum around, sooner or later word will get around that we are out here and hopefully people wilwant to find us to find out what all the fuss is about.

Yes, of course we don't have to be a closed site for that BUT we want people to post - indeed we need people to post if we don't want the forum to become dead - like most of the forums I've mentioned above.

To post you have to first become a member.

We thought if we had a closed site people have to become members to view us - so if they are already members, they are already more than half way to posting!

There's no rule saying you have to post - and I'm guessing many of those that don't probably post on another forum anyway BUT for what it is worth we are the only forum that welcome you here as fellow Wanderers fans - and not as some mugs we simply exploit to make ourselves some money from - as every other forum uses your visit to their sites to profit themselves by selling advertising space, or to finance the running of the site (it costs us about £40 a year give or take), or even charge you for using parts of the site!

At the end of the day this site is run by true Bolton fans, for a bit of a laugh and a chat - and we simply want to share what we have with you and hope that you like what you see and want to join in and make the place even better for us all.

Anyway, happy birthday Vendor, hope you had a great one.

No need for you to post but it would be nice if you did.

After all you've got your own thread!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very true. The Thieving Magpie and the Fat Controller tried to shaft us good and proper but to their credit, the Nuts Admin didn't stoop to their level

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Sluffy wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
Breadman wrote:I'm not having a go at anybody, but I honestly can't see the point of taking the trouble to join a forum and then never posting any comments....ever.

I've just viewed the members list and it appears there are loads of people who log in every day but never contribute anything.

You have to be a member to be able to view the forum.

Personally, I don't understand why. Sure, it brings in more members but not more posters (maybe one of the mods can prove me wrong). Surely the site is more likely to attract new contributors when people don't have to go through the rigmarole of registering before doing anything. It doesn't matter how easy you make it sound, there'll always be people that think "fuck this" the minute they realise it's a sign-up job. I'd have thought posting on a site like this starts off as a bit of halfhearted browsing for most people, so we really miss out in that respect.  

There's no secret to why we do it and the logic is self explanatory rely.

We are a forum - we need people to post - otherwise we would all have nothing to see - nobody would pop by - and we'd die.

When we started up we naively thought the multitude of other Bolton Forums would give us a plug or two to help us on our way - boy did we get that wrong!

Before you say of course other sites wouldn't help out a new kid on the block, another 'rival' - it was back then - and still is - very common for those sites to routinely post what news they have seen on other sites - and state where they saw it.  Only the other day The Wanderer forum had a whole thread about something that was first mentioned on Burnden Aces, whilst Wanderers Ways often discuss articles from The Manny Road site (Mavis forum) and Bolton Banter will talk about articles from The Lion of Vienna, etc, etc, etc.

What I'm saying is that all the sites know of all the other sites - thus most posters already know of most if not all of the other BWFC forums).

Well Bolton Mad and JA606 did allow us a mention but - and I'm not making this up - the owners of both the Wanderers Ways and the Mavis forum, both independantly went out of their way (and paid good money too!) to sabotage us - to sink us before we even got going!  True story.

To this day you will see no mention of Nuts on those sites - nor Burnden Aces, and references to Nuts have been removed by The Wanderer and also Bolton Banter - even though we've been around for over two and a half years now!!!

So much for fraternity between Bolton fans - the tribe coming together, us standing as one!

So we thought fuck them, we'll do it on our own.

We did try to advertise ourselves the best we could - indeed we all still trying! - but we realised that by trying to be the best forum around, sooner or later word will get around that we are out here and hopefully people wilwant to find us to find out what all the fuss is about.

Yes, of course we don't have to be a closed site for that BUT we want people to post - indeed we need people to post if we don't want the forum to become dead - like most of the forums I've mentioned above.

To post you have to first become a member.

We thought if we had a closed site people have to become members to view us - so if they are already members, they are already more than half way to posting!

There's no rule saying you have to post - and I'm guessing many of those that don't probably post on another forum anyway BUT for what it is worth we are the only forum that welcome you here as fellow Wanderers fans - and not as some mugs we simply exploit to make ourselves some money from - as every other forum uses your visit to their sites to profit themselves by selling advertising space, or to finance the running of the site (it costs us about £40 a year give or take), or even charge you for using parts of the site!

At the end of the day this site is run by true Bolton fans, for a bit of a laugh and a chat - and we simply want to share what we have with you and hope that you like what you see and want to join in and make the place even better for us all.

Anyway, happy birthday Vendor, hope you had a great one.

No need for you to post but it would be nice if you did.

After all you've got your own thread!

Fecking hell Sluffy you do go on abit, I bet you have a fanny down your pant's.
What is the point having members who never post, sounds abit desperate to me.
Freedom of speach and all that.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Natasha Whittam wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Nat, I'm affronted ! As one of your greatest fans, I was expecting a 'Happy Birthday', and a lifting of the death threat for my 64th last week, and you bloody well ignored me ! Instead you wish happy Bithday to somebody that doesn't even post on here. I'm deeply hurt  No

:facepalm: 

Seeing as you haven't entered your birthday on your profile and didn't mention it on the day what else did you expect?

It might be time to retire from the internet.

Such a bitch ! (I love it)  Very Happy

We need some Banksy-style propaganda action to promote this site.

I'm up for it and I've got some emulsion and brushes in the garage.

Watch this space........

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman wrote:We need some Banksy-style propaganda action to promote this site.

Watch this space........

You mean this sort of thing?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes!

That's outstanding work, sir.

Well played.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:
Breadman wrote:We need some Banksy-style propaganda action to promote this site.

Watch this space........

You mean this sort of thing?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Brilliant! I was at that game as well.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Perhaps the silent members are players and middle management who want to see the feedback but daren't comment. Vendor may well be be Bogdan. Or Gartside.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Perhaps the silent members are players and middle management who want to see the feedback but daren't comment. Vendor may well be be Bogdan. Or Gartside.

Well whatever it is that he is selling, his taciturn approach will not do much for his sales.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I reckon they are coppers trying to get on to where boltons top boys will be kicking off...

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fizlar, PWRoberts1983 and Vain are on duty with Vendor tonight.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Is this the new 'Aliens' thread?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Okocha has just arrived as well. I would suggest that they are having a meeting. Guest66 is wearing the Dutch hat.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

EpicBodom is the one with toothache.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

craig.battel is wearing the denim trilby.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

willg0807 and Fizlar are on duty with Vendor tonight. They operate a sophisticated shift system undetectable to the untrained eye.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What are they up to? What does it all mean? Do they have posters working for them?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are graced with a visit from their leader tonight.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:We are graced with a visit from their leader tonight.

Remain on Radio silence, some weird looking chap keeps popping his head round the dukebox and acting like he's interested in what's going on.

I think something is going to happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum