Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton swoop for Middlesbrough striker Lukas Jutkiewicz put on hold

+4
cumbrian-white
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
karlypants
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers will not be rushing into a bid for Lukas Jutkiewicz despite finalising the sale of Marvin Sordell to Burnley yesterday.

It is understood Dougie Freedman will take his side to Denmark on Tuesday with Jermaine Beckford and Craig Davies as his only senior strike options.

Jutkiewicz remains the top name on his summer shopping list but the Whites are desperate not to be drawn into a bidding war with other interested parties and will take their time before setting out their bid for the Middlesbrough star.

Derby County have already submitted one offer to Boro for the 25-year-old and rumours in the Midlands suggest that Wolves have also made their move after shelving long-standing plans to sign Coventry City’s Callum Wilson.

Bournemouth are now hot favourites to sign Wilson for £3million, leaving Kenny Jackett’s side looking to bring in more muscle up front.

Sources close to Jutkiewicz maintain he wants to return to Bolton, where he spent the second half of last season, scoring seven goals.

Boro boss Aitor Karanka praised the striker’s attitude since he returned to the club’s training ground at Rockcliffe Park at the start of the week and hinted he would be involved in their pre-season friendlies.

After selling Marvin Emnes to Swansea, the Boro boss is another man who does not find himself blessed with many attacking options.

But close club sources insist he has not changed his long-term plan to sell Jutkiewicz to the highest bidder this summer.

Karanka admits the former Everton target man has returned a much-improved player after his loan spell with the Whites.

“I am happy because he is training very well, he recovered his confidence at Bolton last season,” said the Spaniard, who was criticised on Teesside for sending Jutkiewicz out on loan as his club struggled for goals.

“Everybody told me ‘Juke is scoring goals in Bolton and we aren’t scoring’ but it was a good decision because he recovered his confidence.

“He’s not a new player, obviously, but I can see the difference on the training pitch, he is scoring goals and he is happy.

“He is my player now and I will always speak well about my players. In the future, you never know, the market will decide, but now he is my player and I am thinking about him as my player.”

Whites fans are desperate to see the striker they dubbed “Juke” return to the club this season but the indications are that they will have to be patient for the short-term at least.

Meanwhile, reports that Stuart Holden is heading back to Wanderers to continue his rehabilitation are wide of the mark.

The Bolton News understands that the American midfielder will continue his recovery from a knee operation in the States for the foreseeable future before returning to the UK.

Wanderers confirmed in midweek that the 28-year-old would be retained next season on non-contract terms but the club are keen to give him time and space to make a complete comeback.

Source

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Basically...

Freedman want him, but Garty wont allow him to spend a fucking penny. So we will hold off, HOPE somebody else signs him by the time we are back from Denmark, then they can give it the "we tried and failed, we felt we were getting held to ransom" bullshit as usual.

::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::  ::mad::

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

But close club sources insist he has not changed his long-term plan to sell Jutkiewicz to the highest bidder this summer.

Thats us ruled out then.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With Karanka holding all the cards now I'd be surprised if he signs for us. 
In some ways it's Dougie's fault - he got the best out of Juke whose performances improved and he went back a better player. He scored goals because Dougie set up to play to his strengths. Now there's a lot of interest in Juke and Karanka can ask for whatever he wants. He may even want to keep him now.

I hope we're scouting alternatives.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:With Karanka holding all the cards now I'd be surprised if he signs for us. 
In some ways it's Dougie's fault - he got the best out of Juke whose performances improved and he went back a better player. He scored goals because Dougie set up to play to his strengths. Now there's a lot of interest in Juke and Karanka can ask for whatever he wants. He may even want to keep him now.

I hope we're scouting alternatives.

Lusty - We wont be scouting anyone, scouting costs money and means the scouts may actually recommend a player to DF - Gartsides worst nightmare. We will end up with someone from league 1 on loan for a couple of months who will not play a single game and go back to his club when we are sat in the bottom 3 come Christmas.

This is the issue with Loans - If The players turn out to be good, the price tag quadruples and the only club that benefits is the parent club.

cumbrian-white

David Ngog
David Ngog

Doesn't seem to work for us does it
Sordell - out on loan - value 500k - 2.7 million loss
Andrews = out on loan - value ??? - huge loss on wages whatever happens

that's to name but two players.

Someone surely must be held accountable for the inept management of the club. In comparison to other clubs we have barely sold a player of any value over the last 10 seasons - which is the main reason why we staring at the financial abyss.

A club of Bolton's size should always be looking to trade

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

^^ its because we let the contracts run down to the last 25 seconds before offering an extension, meaning players of value (cahill for example) go for free or a nominal fee.

Lee will be next.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hello and welcome Cumbrian-white.

Great points raised in your first post, hope now that you've broken your duck with us that you post a great deal more.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll go into the Watford game with no strikers as Beckford won't be fit.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman will sign Jutkiewicz and he'll also bring in another striker out of the blue. That will shut you all up

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We do have the remnants of a scouting system in place though as shown in the Dyrekam debacle so it's not unreasonable to suggest that they may turn something up.
Trading losses on players are inevitable though if you pay over the odds and then get relegated. Plus too many of the signings over recent years have been punts which didn't work out. Oh for the days of Todd and Rioch when they could pluck a genius from obscurity for peanuts and sell him on at a huge profit.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Freedman will sign Jutkiewicz and he'll also bring in another striker out of the blue. That will shut you all up
And then you'll wake up and realise it was all a dream mate. Sorry but there's more chance of me being next President of the USA than there is of us signing Juke let alone him AND another quality striker. I love your optimism but this is a non starter.

In fairness LPP you were convinced we wouldn't sign anybody in January and we did. Let's wait and see what happens.

cumbrian-white

David Ngog
David Ngog

It seems Bolton have made an offer but they are wanting to spread the payments, whereas Wolves and Burnley are offering straight cash deal. Middlesbrough understandably want the cash

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Burnley are interested according to the MEN.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Burnley are interested according to the MEN.
There's a thread on that here Scott Smile

http://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t8447-burnley-move-in-with-15million-move-for-bolton-s-long-term-target-jutkiewicz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum