Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why is this clown not already eating porridge...?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I'm really starting to lose faith in the judicial system in this country now.

What sort of message does this sentence send?

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/11324179.Drink_driver_avoids_jail_after_high_speed_police_chase_through_Bolton/?ref=mr

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I totally agree, and the comment by his lawyer made me chuckle.

Nick Ross, defending, said Ahmadi was more used to driving in Iran.
He said: “He now understands that standards which apply in this country are very different to those of his native Iran".

Absolute bollocks. You can't reach speeds of 70 miles per hour riding a bloody camel and anyone who thinks that you can must have rocks in their head.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

What is even more ridiculous is that "it's different in Iran" defence line is complete bollocks. Does anyone really believe that being drunk and ignoring the police, never mind all the driving offences, would be tolerated with a suspended sentence in Iran. Unless by suspended you meant being hung from a crane of course.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely. If he pulled a stunt like that in Iran, at the very least he would expect a severe beating from the local constabulary. Last time I checked, Iran was a Sharia state which forbids the imbibing of alcohol.

If any of us went over there and did what he's done, we'd get banged up and / or flogged in public for breaching their laws.

And people would read about it and say "What a dick! He must have known about the possible risks associated with getting pissed, "borrowing" his mate's car and then heading off on a high speed chase with that Iranian plod. Serves the prick right."

Whereas this clown obviously came over here on a student visa (hopes to study microbiology - why's he even here if he's not already studying? But that's a different rant...), safe in the knowledge that he can do all the things he'd like to do at home in Iran (get pissed, nick a car, impersonate Lewis Hamilton for a bit...) with a degree of impunity he would never enjoy in his own country.

Soft touch....?

Not much.......

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good lawyer.

His visa should be revoked and he should be on the next available flight from Heathrow to Tehran.

No ifs, no buts, just "Bye bye. Don't come back."

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We need to be more caring and reasonable about this! He didn't kill anyone so it's ok!!   :sick:

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We must be the only bloody country in the world where the authorities care more about hurting the feelings and human rights of the deadlegs in the interests of political correctness.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum