Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman keen to revamp Bolton's playing style

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton manager Dougie Freedman says his side will adopt a new playing style next season after watching them win in Denmark.

Midfielder Liam Feeney's first-half goal was enough to seal a 1-0 friendly victory against Danish top-flight side FC Vestsjaelland at the Harboe Arena Slagelse.

"Once again, it was a fantastic workout for us," Freedman told the club's official website.

"We created enough opportunities to win the game more comfortably.

"In the last 20 minutes, we did tire a little bit, but that's to be expected at this stage. I'm very happy with where we are right now.

"We are trying to play in a different way. I've always said I want us to play the ball through midfield and be a little bit more patient."

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WOW!

What does that actually mean though?

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

OMG,what the fuck is Dougie up to now. The man's tactical genius knows no bounds.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

if its anything other than hoofball i won't complain

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will this mean our need for a "target man" has disappeared?

The article talks about "playing it through the middle" more which could imply swamping the midfield with movement and possibly even not using a "traditional centre forward".

I wouldn't mind that if we had midfielders that all carry a goal threat, but I don't think we have. 
Whatever is actually meant by it, perhaps Dougie is finally trying to adopt a more assertive field position rather than sitting back and taking a pounding all the time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum