Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I know this proves nowt, but it doesn't help much either.....

+7
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
carrs
JAH
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Whilst we've been struggling against the likes of The Might Macc and their ilk, Burnley have gubbed some foreign twats eight nil.

And guess which strikers both got a brace each.....?

Yeah, you've read enough of these type of articles in the past to know what's coming next.....

Sordell & Juktkiewicz both bagged two goals in Burnley's absolute battering of their opponents......

Eight fucking nil.......

A bloke who was homesick in Bolton because he missed London but who appears to have settled in ok 20 miles north of us under a manager who knows what he's doing and some other guy who we couldn't afford to buy, even though his obvious talents would have given us a real shot at challenging seriously this season but who we passed on because we weren't prepared to push the boat out a bit and buy the cunt.....have both chipped in.

For the love of God, please spare me the happy fucking clapping on this one.

All this talk of "other targets" and "alternative options" is bollocks.

We have precisely no money, no plan, no clue and a board of directors who clearly don't give a fuck anymore.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Copper Dragon must be laughing his cock off at us.....

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're right. It does prove nowt.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

While there's no proof yet, does anyone doubt that Dyche will get more out of Sordell than Freedman?

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Freedman is the worst Bolton manager I've seen since Phil Neil! He pretends he's this upcoming young manager that develops young talent which is the biggest pile of propaganda bullshit ever pedalled at us Bolton fans. He's stealing a living because our Chairman will never know what a good manager looks like and he'll never walk. Why should he? He'll never get a job paying as much as we are for what is a manager out of his depth!

FOF - FUCK OFF FREEDMAN

I want Burnley, Sodell and Juke to set the Prem on fire this coming season just to highlight how much of a twat Freedman is!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:While there's no proof yet, does anyone doubt that Dyche will get more out of Sordell than Freedman?

I have doubts even though it was Dyche that Sordell was "homesick" for. I suspect that Dyche will keep his job for another two years at least as Burnley are a lot more tolerant and even if Dyche doesn't get them promoted in 2015/16 he'll probably get another crack at it the following season - but Sordell will be long gone by then.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:Freedman is the worst Bolton manager I've seen since Phil Neil! He pretends he's this upcoming young manager that develops young talent which is the biggest pile of propaganda bullshit ever pedalled at us Bolton fans. He's stealing a living because our Chairman will never know what a good manager looks like and he'll never walk. Why should he? He'll never get a job paying as much as we are for what is a manager out of his depth!

FOF - FUCK OFF FREEDMAN

I want Burnley, Sodell and Juke to set the Prem on fire this coming season just to highlight how much of a twat Freedman is!

What a load of tosh.
Freedman doesn't "pretend" to be anything and he doesn't write the "propaganda".

And IMO Burnley will be relegated after a "brave effort" by which time our cashflow will be sorted and we'll be on the rise again with better players than Juke or Sordell.

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:While there's no proof yet, does anyone doubt that Dyche will get more out of Sordell than Freedman?
but Sordell will be long gone by then.
Do you reckon one of the big foreign teams will raid Burnley for Sordell or do you think one of the big 4 from England.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

carrs wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
but Sordell will be long gone by then.
Do you reckon one of the big foreign teams will raid Burnley for Sordell or do you think one of the big 4 from England.
I was thinking Gillingham or Barnet.

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

wanderlust wrote:
And IMO Burnley will be relegated after a "brave effort" by which time our cashflow will be sorted and we'll be on the rise again with better players than Juke or Sordell.

Come on spill the beans how are we going to sort the cash flow, are you related to our wise rich chairman. What is the big secret that is being kept from us.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
JAH wrote:Freedman is the worst Bolton manager I've seen since Phil Neil! He pretends he's this upcoming young manager that develops young talent which is the biggest pile of propaganda bullshit ever pedalled at us Bolton fans. He's stealing a living because our Chairman will never know what a good manager looks like and he'll never walk. Why should he? He'll never get a job paying as much as we are for what is a manager out of his depth!

FOF - FUCK OFF FREEDMAN

What a load of tosh.
Freedman doesn't "pretend" to be anything and he doesn't write the "propaganda".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

carrs wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Come on spill the beans how are we going to sort the cash flow, are you related to our wise rich chairman. What is the big secret that is being kept from us.

My theory (and it is very much a theory!) is that the money "borrowed" was used to buy assets such as land. Land doesn't provide an income until developed or sold. More money is required to develop the land so either a period of austerity (now) or further borrowing is required (Not likely - our credit is fully stretched) This is therefore a cashflow problem and it's being solved by starving the football side of the business of cash.
When the land is developed, the money starts to flow back in. Borrowings get repayed and more money is available to the football side.
But now the value of the club has risen as we've created additional income streams from the developed land and have a larger asset base - so better able to compete financially in the longer term. Or we could repeat the process for continued growth if the economy holds up.

No I'm thankfully not related but this is business 101. Sure the principle is correct but names of the particular investments have been removed to protect the innocent.

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

wanderlust wrote:
My theory (and it is very much a theory!) is that the money "borrowed" was used to buy assets such as land. Land doesn't provide an income until developed or sold. More money is required to develop the land so either a period of austerity (now) or further borrowing is required (Not likely - our credit is fully stretched) This is therefore a cashflow problem and it's being solved by starving the football side of the business of cash.
When the land is developed, the money starts to flow back in. Borrowings get repayed and more money is available to the football side.
But now the value of the club has risen as we've created additional income streams from the developed land and have a larger asset base - so better able to compete financially in the longer term. Or we could repeat the process for continued growth if the economy holds up.

No I'm thankfully not related but this is business 101. Sure the principle is correct but names of the particular investments have been removed to protect the innocent.

So only a theory which is basically a gamble with the football club. I smoke much better quality Weetabix than the stuff you do and my Rice Krsipies have more of an idea of the financial disaster within the club than your theory.
Remember your investments may go up or down and your home is at risk if you do not keep up the repayments.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

carrs wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

So only a theory which is basically a gamble with the football club. I smoke much better quality Weetabix than the stuff you do and my Rice Krsipies have more of an idea of the financial disaster within the club than your theory.
Remember your investments may go up or down and your home is at risk if you do not keep up the repayments.

I assure you that my Weetabix is top quality although I did run out at the weekend and will have to replenish my stock.

In the light of FFP etc would it not have been more of a gamble with the football club if no investment was made in non-football revenue streams?

At the end of the day we live in a capitalist society so it's all a gamble and the whole shooting match only works if there is continuous growth. Like a shark it dies if it ever stops moving.

Anyhoo it's my theory so get your own if you don't like this one.  Very Happy 

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

I do not do make belief I sussed Santa and the tooth fairy a long time ago.  A theory is just a theory nothing more than a stab in the dark make belief that may fit loosely around some known information. In your case that would be misinformation.  

Many on here didn't like what they heard when I did sate the real state of affairs some time ago. You were one of those and remain one.

Find out who owes what, who underwrites what and who is left with what assets when we go belly up and you have done your job. Read the small print and you shall be a wise one. Try and do it while we can just about meet a wage bill as the time draws near when people will not be paid. The pressures have been cranked up in recent months, bottoms are twitching like never before.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

carrs wrote:I do not do make belief I sussed Santa and the tooth fairy a long time ago.  A theory is just a theory nothing more than a stab in the dark make belief that may fit loosely around some known information. In your case that would be misinformation.  

Many on here didn't like what they heard when I did sate the real state of affairs some time ago. You were one of those and remain one.

Find out who owes what, who underwrites what and who is left with what assets when we go belly up and you have done your job. Read the small print and you shall be a wise one. Try and do it while we can just about meet a wage bill as the time draws near when people will not be paid. The pressures have been cranked up in recent months, bottoms are twitching like never before.

Then the only obvious answer is to bake more pasties.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

carrs wrote:I do not do make belief I sussed Santa and the tooth fairy a long time ago.  A theory is just a theory nothing more than a stab in the dark make belief that may fit loosely around some known information. In your case that would be misinformation.  

I'm not disagreeing with you - it's just a theory based on what little information I've seen in the public domain and I've made no bones about the fact that it's just a theory.
But if you have other information which suggests that there are deeper troubles i'd love to see it just to get a better understanding.

As regards me "not liking what you said about the real state of affairs" I think that's very unlikely because if you can back up what you're claiming with facts then I'd be the first one to congratulate you.

Seriously mate, I never have a problem with accepting reality. Bring it on. What have you got?

'We have precisely no money, no plan, no clue and a board of directors who clearly don't give a fuck anymore.....'

Probably right with 3 out of 4 of those, but I do think there's a plan and there are other targets being lined up we'll see at the end of the month but 1 or 2 more will come in I'm confident of that.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some people will have us relegated before we have even kicked a ball in our first game! Yes, the situation is pretty grim but there are other teams worse off than ourselves.

Reebok Trotter wrote:Some people will have us relegated before we have even kicked a ball in our first game! Yes, the situation is pretty grim but there are other teams worse off than ourselves.

With all due respect, RT, I don't give a shit how bad it is for anybody else, I'm only concerned about how bad things appear to be for us.

Does the level of debt not worry you?

Are you not a bit concerned that we don't seem able to compete for players who (in modern terms) aren't that expensive?

I've said it before on here, but I firmly believe we are on the brink financially and will be in real trouble once the parachute payments stop.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Some people will have us relegated before we have even kicked a ball in our first game! Yes, the situation is pretty grim but there are other teams worse off than ourselves.

With all due respect, RT, I don't give a shit how bad it is for anybody else, I'm only concerned about how bad things appear to be for us.

Does the level of debt not worry you?

Are you not a bit concerned that we don't seem able to compete for players who (in modern terms) aren't that expensive?

I've said it before on here, but I firmly believe we are on the brink financially and will be in real trouble once the parachute payments stop.

Hear you loud and clear Bread but nobody knows unless up to date financial statements are published. TBF a balance sheet alone would tell us a hell of a lot.

Simply put, if I borrow a tenner off you and agree to pay £1 a year interest, then I spend £8 of it on buying a car, £2 on doing it up and I sell it to Sluffy for £15, pay you back the tenner plus £1 interest and I'm £4 better off.

Is this where we're at? Have I borrowed the tenner and spent it (on land etc) but have yet to sell it (or more likely rent it out on a long term lease to secure regular income) in order to pay back the loan?

Need to see an up to date balance sheet to know how secure the future of the club is for sure.

CFF would also be very useful to see what will happen when the parachute payments stop as that is more pertain to the crisis Dougie is trying to deal with - cashflow.

If the business is secure but we run into problems on the pitch due to lack of investment the Board will shuffle the money around again to deal with it. However they are clearly preoccupied with the bigger picture in the longer term ATM so what happens on the pitch is a relatively low priority from what I can tell. F****** austerity sucks.

All theory of course.

Last edited by wanderlust on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum