Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I know this proves nowt, but it doesn't help much either.....

+7
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
carrs
JAH
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

It all depends on what your track record of buying cars is like.

You're obviously a bright bloke, so I suspect you've never lost out on a deal.

Gartside, however, has previous for paying over the odds for clapped out bangers and then spending a fortune trying to get them road worthy, before giving up and flogging them on at a loss.

That's why I'm concerned.....

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As usual in these debates, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:It all depends on what your track record of buying cars is like.

Gartside, however, has previous for paying over the odds for clapped out bangers and then spending a fortune trying to get them road worthy, before giving up and flogging them on at a loss.

That's why I'm concerned.....

Fair point except that I think you're talking about losses on players - which were the responsibility of previous managers. I think Gartside has given previous managers plenty of scope to recruit without directly interfering (unlike some chairmen!) but is now saying enough is enough. Instead of stepping in and micro-managing Dougie I reckon he's just set stringent targets and cut the transfer budget i.e. still giving the manager free rein but no budget to work with.

Again all theory.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

At least I've got a car out of it all.

Found out I paid over the odds though - Lusty must have seen me coming.

Oh and it's easy enough to see if Lusty is on to something or not - simply check the Land Registry for ownership details.

I would guess it would still be Bolton Council, with it being leased to the club on a 999 year seal or something.

Off for a drive now!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Are you trying to beat me and Okocha to the church?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:At least I've got a car out of it all.

Found out I paid over the odds though - Lusty must have seen me coming.

Oh and it's easy enough to see if Lusty is on to something or not - simply check the Land Registry for ownership details.

I would guess it would still be Bolton Council, with it being leased to the club on a 999 year seal or something.

Off for a drive now!

Come off it Sluffy! That banger was beautifully restored and had 2 whole English pounds lavished on it. OK so most of it was on bog, rust inhibitor and cans of metallic turquoise and orange spray paint but it still runs doesn't it? What do expect for £15? A Lada?

Land Registry would tell us ownership but not current (undeveloped) value.
What we need to know is total current asset value compared to total current liabilities for starters.

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Not at all, just being "civil".

A bit like your upcoming partnership with Okocha will be.....[/quote]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Does the level of debt not worry you?

Are you not a bit concerned that we don't seem able to compete for players who (in modern terms) aren't that expensive?

Absolutely, but most of the damage was done well before Dougie Freedman arrived. I've done my little bit to help the cause by renewing my ST's and I have got my fingers crossed that this campaign will be better than last season.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Not at all, just being "civil".

A bit like your upcoming partnership with Okocha will be.....

Now that was funny.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even More proof that Freedman is taking us down to the pit.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Even More proof that Freedman is taking us down to the pit.

WTF?

Is Quade Taylor a minor? Are we signing Carlton Cole? Have we been shafted?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Proves nowt but ....some would argue that Burnley have better strikers than us......I'd be one of 'em.

Sad 

terenceanne wrote:Proves nowt but ....some would argue that Burnley have better strikers than us......I'd be one of 'em.

Sad 

Some would? Why would any sane person think we've got better strikers than a premier league side?

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Because last season 2 of their strikers were at our club and the other 2 were championship players!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:Because last season 2 of their strikers were at our club and the other 2 were championship players!

Are you suggesting we should have retained Marvellous Marvin?

The other 2? Burnley had 3 strikers who would have walked into our team last season - Ings, Vokes and Barnes (Patterson probably would have too). They've added Sordell and Juke, one of which was clearly our best striker.

So last season they had at least 4 better strikers than us. Your point is nonsense Jah, sorry.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Burnley had quite a few decent players if truth be told. They sold local lad Jay Rodriguez to Southampton and he may have made the England squad barring injury.

Charlie Austin went to QPR and again did a decent job apart from his injury.

That left Ings and Vokes up front and they both did wonders for Dyche and the Burnley fans.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Are you trying to beat me and Okocha to the church?[/quote]

Yes, but we don't seem to be getting very far with our fledgling romance, Natasha. I think I probably insulted you with mention of the crude language you are occasionally prone to.......but I can see beyond that to a sharp brain at work....and that excites me, so please excuse me for being facetious.
Have not yet worked out which of your many avatars/photos actually faithfully represent your likeness......

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Are you trying to beat me and Okocha to the church?

Yes, but we don't seem to be getting very far with our fledgling romance, Natasha. I think I probably insulted you with mention of the crude language you are occasionally prone to.......but I can see beyond that to a sharp brain at work....and that excites me, so please excuse me for being facetious.
Have not yet worked out which of your many avatars/photos actually faithfully represent your likeness......[/quote]

It's the one with the small penis Okocha.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum