Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lee set to train with reserves

+6
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lee set to train with reserves Empty Lee set to train with reserves Thu Apr 19 2012, 12:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Chungy is set to step up his training this week and train with the reserves: -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If all goes well and he suffers no reaction then he maybe involved with first team training next week.

2Lee set to train with reserves Empty Re: Lee set to train with reserves Thu Apr 19 2012, 13:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He should play on Saturday the ponce. What's the difference between training with the reserves and playing a 1st team match? Do they not tackle in training?

3Lee set to train with reserves Empty Re: Lee set to train with reserves Thu Apr 19 2012, 17:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't think they do much tackling at all in ping-pong and indoor bowls.

4Lee set to train with reserves Empty Re: Lee set to train with reserves Thu Apr 19 2012, 21:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure how much Ping Pong they do, i guess it's more of a "come down" after full training for a bit of fun.

5Lee set to train with reserves Empty Re: Lee set to train with reserves Thu Apr 19 2012, 21:41

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Why the reserves though, surely it's got to be similar training to the first team so why not train him with them to bein with.

Must be something to do with the training workload I imagine.

6Lee set to train with reserves Empty Re: Lee set to train with reserves Thu Apr 19 2012, 21:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's probably less demanding, in the same way you play pre season friendlies against some lower opposition. Allows you to slowly build up to a high standard, as opposed to being thrown in at full speed.

7Lee set to train with reserves Empty Re: Lee set to train with reserves Thu Apr 19 2012, 22:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still don't think we will see Chungy playing for the first team this season.

8Lee set to train with reserves Empty Re: Lee set to train with reserves Thu Apr 19 2012, 22:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe the reserves are harder and they want to toughen him up a bit.

9Lee set to train with reserves Empty Re: Lee set to train with reserves Fri Apr 20 2012, 00:14

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Im still hoping he might get a bit of game time in the last two games, will give the team a boost and get the crowd going a bit more which can only be good for those games, we will be needing to win at least one.

As my picture shows hes my favourite player Smile

He'll shoot, he'll score, he'll eat your Labrador, Chung Yong Lee Chung Yong Lee !!

10Lee set to train with reserves Empty Re: Lee set to train with reserves Fri Apr 20 2012, 01:13

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Have him on the bench in place of reserve goalie
moral booster

11Lee set to train with reserves Empty Re: Lee set to train with reserves Fri Apr 20 2012, 02:00

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Probably my best memory as a Wanderers fan since promotion was Chungy's winner at Brum last season. I was on about the tenth row, the goal was slightly to my right as I looked at the pitch.

There was a group of about 20 Koreans sat (well, stood) in front of me. Their faces lit up when Chungy came on, all the cameras came out. When he scored the winner, they went mental along with everyone else. I piled on top of them all, shouting "Chung Yong Lee! Chung Yong Lee!" in a Chinese chip shop accent. It was fucking brilliant.

12Lee set to train with reserves Empty Re: Lee set to train with reserves Fri Apr 20 2012, 07:38

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Damn, I thought, at first, this was about Sammy Lee.

But in fairness it is good to see Chungy slowly coming back - maybe a bit late for this season and hopefully he will be back to strength for next season's campaign whether it be in the Championship, or, hopefully, staying in Premiership.

13Lee set to train with reserves Empty Re: Lee set to train with reserves Fri Apr 20 2012, 12:25

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I think a lot agreed that by the time Lee is back to the first team, our season will be over one way or another and I still think that will be the case even if we see for the last 2 games of the season.

The next 3 games will save us or condem us.

14Lee set to train with reserves Empty Re: Lee set to train with reserves Fri Apr 20 2012, 12:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

The next 3 games will save us or condem us.

If we lose and QPR win then it's game, set & match to them.

15Lee set to train with reserves Empty Re: Lee set to train with reserves Fri Apr 20 2012, 12:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I still think Blackburn are going to have a say in all this still.

For me they are still better at battling and grinding out restults than us even though they have lost something like their last 4/5 games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum