Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If we lose tomorrow .....

+15
Vendor
Norpig
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Reebok_Rebel
aaron_bwfc
luckyPeterpiper
carrs
JAH
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

If we lose will that be it for Freedman.

If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Vote_lcap4%If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Vote_lcap11%If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Vote_rcap 11% [ 3 ]
If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Vote_lcap14%If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Vote_rcap 14% [ 4 ]
If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Vote_lcap71%If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Vote_rcap 71% [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 28

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

61If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 02:05

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:A loss will keep us nicely in the bottom three ..... if that doesn't wake Eddie & Phil up nowt will.

Two managers have been sacked in our division already so lets go for a hat-trick.
Sorry to say this but I just can't see it happening terence. 

I think we're stuck with him until at least the New Year and as long as we don't actually go down at the end of the season I really can see him getting a new deal in summer.

62If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 10:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

teams always start to play better when the managers sacked so its nailed on we are going to lose, but we won't sack him yet. If we get near 10 games without a win like last season i can't see him surviving that again.

63If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 10:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lose today and he will be sacked. I'm never wrong on the internet.

64If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 10:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Lose today and he will be sacked. I'm never wrong on the internet.
:pray: :pray: :pray:

65If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 12:00

Vendor

Vendor
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

As much as I hope you are right Natasha, I just can't see Gartslime pulling the plug. He loves the man and thinks he's doing a wonderful job at the football club, I mean business...

66If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 13:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Having just read the statement that Dougie has cut the operating loss from over £50 million p.a. to under £8 million I can't see any way that the Board would even contemplate sacking the man.
A £42 million swing in our trading figures is a spectacular result in anyone's language and if we can tempt him to stay, it's likely that we'll be in profit next year for the first time in donkey's years and will be able to start rebuilding.

The only fly in the ointment that I can see is this business about still having to pay ex-players from our time in the Premiership but surely that will stop eventually?

With such a spectacular financial performance, all Dougie needs to do is keep us in the Championship for now and that will put us on the road to recovery.

67If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 13:20

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Because we are within the FFP guidelines, all the clubs who operated outside of these will be fined up to 100% of anything spent over the allowed limits. This money is shared between all the clubs who followed the rules.

68If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 13:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Because we are within the FFP guidelines, all the clubs who operated outside of these will be fined up to 100% of anything spent over the allowed limits.  This money is shared between all the clubs who followed the rules.
Excellent. Good to know that Rovers will be contributing to our cause. Very Happy

69If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 13:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:so its nailed on we are going to lose,

No it isn't

70If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 13:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

look my stalkers back!

71If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 13:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Having just read the statement that Dougie has cut the operating loss from over £50 million p.a. to under £8 million I can't see any way that the Board would even contemplate sacking the man.
A £42 million swing in our trading figures is a spectacular result in anyone's language and if we can tempt him to stay, it's likely that we'll be in profit next year for the first time in donkey's years and will be able to start rebuilding.

The only fly in the ointment that I can see is this business about still having to pay ex-players from our time in the Premiership but surely that will stop eventually?

With such a spectacular financial performance, all Dougie needs to do is keep us in the Championship for now and that will put us on the road to recovery.

To be honest I don't know why we made a £50 million loss last accounts and equally I don't know why that amount as been cut by £42 million but there is one thing I do know is that the credit for that cannot possibly be laid at Freedmans door.

I don't know what players are paid but if someone is on £20,000 per week, that is equal to just over £1 millon per year.

We've not got rid of 42 players on £1 million per year - or even 21 players on £40,000 per week - so the savings of £42 million as all not come from players wage savings.

The £50 million loss and the £42 million 'savings' on that this time would more likely be a result of how the club is financially structured and not much to do with Freedman.

I certainly don't see him as a financial messiah in all of this.

72If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 13:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Having just read the statement that Dougie has cut the operating loss from over £50 million p.a. to under £8 million I can't see any way that the Board would even contemplate sacking the man.

Ha ha, you talk as though Dougie is the money man. The frugal spending is down to the men in suits, bugger all to do with Freedman.

But, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what happens on a spreadsheet, it's results that matter. A bad defeat today and I fully expect the board to act. They don't need Dougie to keep the spending down.

73If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 13:44

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The fact we haven't bought any players for a few million under his leadership will obviously be a part of this as well as saving on the agent fees involved with transfers

74If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 13:46

He's not the financial messiah, he's a.....

75If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 13:47

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman freedman!

76If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 13:49

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Was thinking the exact same thing Sluffy.

To save 42m he'd have had to chop the wage bill by 100% and somehow saved a further 5m.

Absolute madness.

77If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 13:53

Freedman could claim some credit in all this if we were still looking decent on the pitch and looking comfortable, despite having no money to bring new players in, but we're not.

We look shite on the pitch and are third bottom, without a win.

I could have done that.

He's still a poor football manager.

78If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 14:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:He's still a poor football manager.

United fans thought the same when fergie first took over

79If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 14:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

United fans thought the same when fergie first took over

Are you guaranteeing us Champions League success in 10 years Boggers?

80If we lose tomorrow ..... - Page 4 Empty Re: If we lose tomorrow ..... Sat Aug 30 2014, 14:06

Fergie had previously won the UEFA Cup with Aberdeen and broken the Old Firm's stranglehold on the Scottish League title on a budget similar to ours.

He had a pedigree.

Freedman has not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum