Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are the US sports vigilantes correct?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are the US sports vigilantes correct? Empty Are the US sports vigilantes correct? Wed Sep 17 2014, 18:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sorry I've not been around too much lately due to work but I've caught a couple of american sports storys inthat time which I find both refreshing and frightening at the same time.

Both concern a couple of American footballers.

The first is that of a Ray Rice who played for the Baltimore Ravens - and whatsmore was one of their best players (not some obscure bench walmer).

Video emerged of him hitting his then girlfriend - now his wife.

When it did, the Ravens sacked him on the spot.

Non of this - it had nothing to do with sport bollocks the clubs and 'wife beaters' hide behind in this country.

It had nothing to do with 'we can't lose our best player, someone else might sign him' nollocks.

It was a statement that the Ravens did not want to be associated in anyway with that sort of a man.

Another similar case is of Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings who was charged with child abuse in Texas after hitting his son with part of a branch.

His club did suspend him but reinstated him again but that wasn't good enough for one of the club sponsors - Radisson hotel chain (I stayed in one of their hotels in LA!), who pulled out of their deal saying 'child safety was a big factor in their business ethos'.

Good for them - hitting a kid with a tree branch because that's what he did to him years back - yeah right - we've moved on from those times Mr millionaire spirts player - as if you didn't know.

So, as you can see I'm all for clubs, sponsors (and hopefully fans) these days, saying such behaviour as a man is not wanted, tolerated or codoned any more.

The trouble is for me though neither Rice or Peterson have been found guilty of anything yet, so should Rice have been sacked and Raddison hotels have pulled their sponsorship?

Have they been found guilty without a trial and 'strung up' or is it 'why wait, we know they did it'.

What do you think?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29119068

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29218809

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Apparantley Darren Pratley makes his wife breakfast in bed on a Sunday.Does 50% of the house work!buys her flowers on a regular basis.
At Christmas was in the kitchen while his wife had a well earned break,cooking up the Christmas Turkey.
That sort of behaviour isn't acceptable cooking the Christmas dinner,by anyone but a female is bringing Bolton Wanderers in to disrepute and should therefore his contract should have been revoked. rendeer santa :party:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't the wife say she deserved a slap though?

And as for the other guy with the branch - perhaps if a few more chavs faced this type of discipline the world would be a better place.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You beat your kids with a tree branch Nat?

Also I'm sure you'd want to see your daughter/mother/sister knocked unconscious and dragged about like a ragdoll because she "deserved a slap" 

Moronic frankly, the quicker the NFL gets rid of this scum the better.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:You beat your kids with a tree branch Nat?

Also I'm sure you'd want to see your daughter/mother/sister knocked unconscious and dragged about like a ragdoll because she "deserved a slap" 

I don't have kids, but if I did they would suffer a beating if they stepped out of line - just like I did, and every other generation of Whittams. Are you saying you never got a slap as a kid Hipster?

As for the woman, she said she deserved it so I can only assume she did something terrible.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Why do you respond to every deliberately provocative post Nat makes?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

Shut it smiley you bellend. Perhaps if you'd given your kids a few tree beatings they wouldn't have turned into chavs.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Wed Sep 17 2014, 19:30; edited 1 time in total

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

Thats my thing, been doing it since 606, can't stop now.  :number1:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Thats my thing, been doing it since 606, can't stop now.  :number1:

We actually plan our tag-teaming in advance. We've just finished next Monday's controversial thread - should children be kept in the washing machine?

The NFL's been rife with wife-beaters, drug dealers, dog-fight organisers, gun toting maniacs and general nutters for years.

Sadly, the reason the NFL has always dealt with them swiftly and heavily is 100% down to the loss in revenue from sponsors pulling out - it's got nothing to do with them having some moral code that they hold dear.

And once the players have "paid their price to society", the NFL is only too happy to take them back with open arms. (Google "Michael Vick dog fighting")

Another thoroughly horrible human being to be taken back into the arms of the NFL after some controversy is Ray Lewis, who until two years ago was one of the biggest earners in the NFL.

Google "Ray Lewis murder charge" to see just what a nice man he is.

It'll never change.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29247819

Another woman and child who "deserved a slap." When will these women learn?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You shouldn't judge Hipster, you have no idea what went on behind their front door.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum