Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Man of the Match - Villa

+9
terenceanne
largehat
doffcocker
gloswhite
Lofty_Love
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Three votes to use

Man of the Match - Villa Vote_lcap11%Man of the Match - Villa Vote_rcap 11% [ 4 ]
Man of the Match - Villa Vote_lcap0%Man of the Match - Villa Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Man of the Match - Villa Vote_lcap3%Man of the Match - Villa Vote_rcap 3% [ 1 ]
Man of the Match - Villa Vote_lcap3%Man of the Match - Villa Vote_rcap 3% [ 1 ]
Man of the Match - Villa Vote_lcap26%Man of the Match - Villa Vote_rcap 26% [ 9 ]
Man of the Match - Villa Vote_lcap26%Man of the Match - Villa Vote_rcap 26% [ 9 ]
Man of the Match - Villa Vote_lcap9%Man of the Match - Villa Vote_rcap 9% [ 3 ]
Man of the Match - Villa Vote_lcap11%Man of the Match - Villa Vote_rcap 11% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 35

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Man of the Match - Villa Empty Man of the Match - Villa Tue Apr 24 2012, 21:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Big, big win keeps our hopes alive, so who was the star for us tonight?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Tue Apr 24 2012, 22:04; edited 1 time in total

2Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Tue Apr 24 2012, 21:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From what I saw on the link, SKD made the difference in the second half. Good to see Ngog get on the scoresheet plus Petrov was quick to grab the ball to take the penalty.

3Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Tue Apr 24 2012, 21:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think you can go far wrong with Ream and Wheater. Both played very well.

Eagles did well when he had too and Petrov likewise.

couple of sloppy moments from NRC but otherwise solid.

Good performance.

4Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Tue Apr 24 2012, 22:01

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Only one vote possible at present - mine went to the wildly inconsistent Chris Eagles.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

5Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Tue Apr 24 2012, 22:03

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Tim Ream - 100%

kept us in the first half with a fantastic performance, the only foot he put wrong all night was letting Heskey turn him, apart from that a perfect performance. I really like the look of him.

6Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Tue Apr 24 2012, 22:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went for SKD because he was the difference in the second half.

7Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Tue Apr 24 2012, 22:04

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Oh and the other two = Eagles and Coyle

8Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Tue Apr 24 2012, 22:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good performance by my boy NGog too.

9Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Tue Apr 24 2012, 22:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Keegan wrote:Only one vote possible at present..

Sorry, I keep forgetting to change the defaults.

I've done it now - and also allowed people to take their original 'single' vote back - and vote again for up to 3 people.

10Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Tue Apr 24 2012, 22:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agreed. Ngog has been an unsung hero ploughing a lone furrow up front for a big part of the season. He deserved a goal and he bagged the winner.

11Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Tue Apr 24 2012, 22:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Too many good performances, so its easier to see who didn't perform. At least I thought it would be, but they all played so well. SKD turned the game around by his presence I think Ngog, was finally facing the right direction and put in a cracking finish. Eagles did exceptionally well, which means his next 3 will be crap, but he had some really good touches, possession, and passing.

12Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Tue Apr 24 2012, 22:45

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Ream, Eagles & Ngog for me. New team, new formation, new system and vastly different quality of support but Ngog never looks unwilling. Good lad, I think. Ream is growing leaps and bounds and next season will make people say "Gary who?" Eagles had his "1 in 4" good game today.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

13Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Tue Apr 24 2012, 23:08

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The only players that impressed me were Eagles and Ream.
Coyle's starting 11 was fine but bringing Davies on in the second half was ridiculous I thought, and I think we won despite the decision.

14Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Tue Apr 24 2012, 23:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I disagree, i thought Davies helped massively.

that said i was also stunned he was brought on.

15Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Tue Apr 24 2012, 23:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I disagree, i thought Davies helped massively.

that said i was also stunned he was brought on.

My thoughts exactly.

16Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Tue Apr 24 2012, 23:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm amazed that Davies has got 2 votes.
I'll give him the impressive 45 minutes at Newcastle but today...
Everybody interprets the game differently so I don't mind being told I'm wrong - I didn't see any match changing quality from Davies tonight.

If we're being honest, the performance as a whole was lacking in real quality as ever. We've complained about better displays this season.

17Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Wed Apr 25 2012, 00:08

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I gave it to Coyle, he's not got an awful lot spot on tactically this season so far, but I thought all three substitutions were spot on and made at exactly the right time, and he clearly motivated the players well for the second half.

In terms of the players, I thought Eagles was immense, but I could make a strong case for Ream, Wheater or Petrov.

What plank was on here the other day saying they can't see the difference between Ream and Knight?

18Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Wed Apr 25 2012, 02:43

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Eagles ...... constantly on the ball and try's to go forward with it.
Ryo looks like a flash in the pan so far ...... I would bench him for Sunderland.

19Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Wed Apr 25 2012, 09:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went for Coyle despite his recklessness in bringing BKD on when we needed to protect a lead in a vital match, although it did work out fine. I guess I'm a bit too nervous with the "attack is the best form of defence" approach at this stage of the season. Eagles - great on the day and Ream, ditto. I considered Petrov for his great delivery and - dare I say it? - workrate. However he can't defend for toffee and let Albrighton get crosses in way too often and way too easily - although he did work hard at chasing back and at least didn't let him stroll into the box. But I had to go for OC CE and TR on the night's performances.

20Man of the Match - Villa Empty Re: Man of the Match - Villa Wed Apr 25 2012, 11:11

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I went for two obvious choices in Ream and Eagles and also Petrov. Yes he can't defend but he does put in some excellent crosses and you can rely on him to score if we get a penalty. This matters, having seen SKD's last two pathetic attempts at taking a penalty. Honestly my late gran could have done better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum