Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most overrated actor

+7
Hipster_Nebula
Bwfc1958
rammywhite
boltonbonce
Numpty 28723
Norpig
karlypants
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Most overrated  actor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most overrated actor Fri Oct 17 2014, 16:36

Canterbury Frank wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Sean Bean. Top guy, but wooden as they come.
Good actor,Top wanker in real life.

You done security for him?

22Most overrated  actor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most overrated actor Fri Oct 17 2014, 16:41

Canterbury Frank wrote:Sly,Arnie,Bruce,Roger Moore, take your pick all rank.

Nobody in their right mind would rate any of them as actors. You've missed the point.

23Most overrated  actor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most overrated actor Fri Oct 17 2014, 17:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sir Laurence Olivier - and 99% of film stars before 1960.

Luvvie and professional over-actor. Pretty much everything before Spartacus was done in the angst-ridden style that he could be credited for creating - which invariably involved exclusively upper class roles.
I know that Olivier's style is what is considered "classic acting" and I've nothing against the man himself, it's just that I don't like "classic acting" as it lacks the social realism, regional accents and reality of later acting genres. 
Until film grew up - and grew out of the class stereotyped formulaic nonsense it churned out - actors played the same roles with varying degrees of ludicrousness.
I like "classic films" but I watch them fully understanding their limitations - and they are all the nicer for it.
But it's not good acting. It's hammy.

24Most overrated  actor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most overrated actor Fri Oct 17 2014, 19:50

Pevensey Pete

Pevensey Pete
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Breadman wrote:
Canterbury Frank wrote:

He shagged my sister a few times.

25Most overrated  actor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most overrated actor Fri Oct 17 2014, 20:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Canterbury Frank wrote:
Breadman wrote:
Canterbury Frank wrote:

Give it a rest AD.  clown

26Most overrated  actor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most overrated actor Fri Oct 17 2014, 20:54

Canterbury Frank wrote:
Breadman wrote:
Canterbury Frank wrote:

To paraphrase Ron Burgundy, stay classy, AD.......

27Most overrated  actor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most overrated actor Fri Oct 17 2014, 23:24

The wanderlust wrote:Sir Laurence Olivier - and 99% of film stars before 1960.

Luvvie and professional over-actor. Pretty much everything before Spartacus was done in the angst-ridden style that he could be credited for creating - which invariably involved exclusively upper class roles.
I know that Olivier's style is what is considered "classic acting" and I've nothing against the man himself, it's just that I don't like "classic acting" as it lacks the social realism, regional accents and reality of later acting genres. 
Until film grew up - and grew out of the class stereotyped formulaic nonsense it churned out - actors played the same roles with varying degrees of ludicrousness.
I like "classic films" but I watch them fully understanding their limitations - and they are all the nicer for it.
But it's not good acting. It's hammy.

Bit harsh to judge anybody pre 60's in this sense though considering it was the very beginning of film as an art form. A bit like comparing the first footballers to Messi, it's hardly a level playing field.

28Most overrated  actor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most overrated actor Sun Oct 19 2014, 18:39

Liam Neeson. If Blockbuster was still going it would have a section entitled "Liam Neeson action films". 
Have to save a family member or get revenge for someone doing something to a family member. Even in the Lego movie he had the same scenario.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum