Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Apprentice Thread 2014

+8
bwfc71
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Tue Oct 14 2014, 20:40

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Love the series will be watching soon!  Agree with the comments about it being ruined by the "best idea wins".  Similar to Dragon's Den - The show used to be about inventions but lately a lot of invest in my business is becoming the norm.

22The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Tue Oct 14 2014, 22:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some big egos on display. Pride comes before a fall.

23The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Wed Oct 15 2014, 01:29

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Although I saw tonights episode of self-indulgent egostistical pricks(oops I mean The Apprentice) and ill watch the series, but for me the best business competition ever was Granada's Flying Start where a businessman had to prove through paperwork, guts and business plans that their business was the worthy winner of the money that was "invested" to the winning company.  None of these stupid tasks but all about their business and how they would use the money!

24The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Wed Oct 15 2014, 14:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wake up people. It's not a "business competition". Anyone with a half decent business idea wouldn't go anywhere near the likes of the Apprentice or that other farce Dragon's Den.

Both are shows for losers who can't fund their ideas through conventional means like loans, Angels or VCs and if they are prepared to throw away vast chunks of equity just to get on telly they really have got problems.

The entertainment value of such reality TV shows is in laughing at how stupid/ignorant/deluded/desperate they are.

So don't try to make out it's in any way a serious business programme. It's not. It's a freak show.

25The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Wed Oct 15 2014, 14:28

Angels and VC's....?

Is that Dan Brown's new one, set during the Vietnam War?

26The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Wed Oct 15 2014, 14:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have you noticed that nearly everyone who appears on the show seems to lack any semblance of warmth or humanity. Let alone humility.

27The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Wed Oct 15 2014, 14:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Have you noticed that nearly everyone who appears on the show seems to lack any semblance of warmth or humanity. Let alone humility.
...or business sense....

28The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Wed Oct 15 2014, 16:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Both are shows for losers who can't fund their ideas through conventional means like loans, Angels or VCs and if they are prepared to throw away vast chunks of equity just to get on telly they really have got problems.

I'm guessing Levi Roots would beg to differ.

Ridiculous post. 100% of a small company with limited contacts or 70% of a company with the contacts Peter Jones, Deborah Meaden etc can bring.

Idiot.

29The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Wed Oct 15 2014, 16:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I'm guessing Levi Roots would beg to differ.

Ridiculous post. 100% of a small company with limited contacts or 70% of a company with the contacts Peter Jones, Deborah Meaden etc can bring.

Idiot.
He gave away 30% of his money to the leeches?

No wonder they are all so loaded if mugs like that come along every week.

Contacts mean nothing to the determined. A good idea and a modicum of sense gets "contacts" buzzing around every time.

Maybe one in 5000 make millions after appearing on DD - which is statistically low for entrepreneurs so it is more likely to be the kiss of death than a springboard to a better place.

And as for Apprentice - as far as I know the only careers it has spawned have been media careers or consultancy careers based on being a media personality. Most winners were sacked or faded into obscurity.

30The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Wed Oct 15 2014, 16:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Contacts mean nothing to the determined. A good idea gets them buzzing around every time.

So you're posting from your Monaco mansion having sold your business for £100m?

31The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Wed Oct 15 2014, 16:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here's another reason why DD is so shit:
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/article-1640358/Dragons-Den-The-rejects-that-got-rich.html

Plus Trunki which is responsible for annoying kids riding suitcases in every airport despite the dragons telling the guy that it had no future.

32The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Wed Oct 15 2014, 16:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Contacts mean nothing to the determined. A good idea gets them buzzing around every time.

So you're posting from your Monaco mansion having sold your business for £100m?
Who the hell would want to live in Monaco? I'd need to sterilise my brains before I'd even consider it.

33The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Wed Oct 15 2014, 17:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Plus Trunki which is responsible for annoying kids riding suitcases in every airport despite the dragons telling the guy that it had no future.

You made that last bit up because I watched that old episode recently. He didn't get investment because there was a 3rd party involved and he couldn't make it clear how the future would work. 4 of the Dragon's liked the idea.

People shouldn't make stuff up on the internet.

34The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Wed Oct 15 2014, 18:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

People shouldn't make stuff up on the internet.

Shocked

35The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Wed Oct 15 2014, 19:57

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Flying_Start_(1)

This is how a business competition should be done!!!

I think ITV should bring it back.

36The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Wed Oct 15 2014, 19:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ok Grandad.

37The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Thu Oct 16 2014, 11:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Flying_Start_(1)

This is how a business competition should be done!!!

I think ITV should bring it back.

To be fair to Nat, getting contestants to dress up as a hotdog and stumble around in the street frightening innocent bystanders is a far more objective indicator of business acumen.

All the Apprentice needs to regain it's lost popularity is Stuart Hall to really bring out that Jeux sans Frontieres competitive edge. Believe he's busy though so presumably had to turn it down.

38The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Wed Dec 17 2014, 19:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Best bit of the whole series tonight at 9pm, the interviews. Claude Littner is my hero.

39The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Wed Dec 17 2014, 20:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be glued to the screen tonight.

40The Apprentice Thread 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice Thread 2014 Wed Dec 17 2014, 20:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm glued to it when Roisin Hogan is on the screen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum