Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-4 Spurs

+14
jayjay23
chipbutty
wanderlust
BL3White
Keegan
Mr Magoo
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Michael Bolton
Natasha Whittam
Banks of the Croal
xmiles
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 21:22

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Damn you, Adebayor!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

42Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 21:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Advantage QPR with just 2 games left to go.

Looking very bleak.

43Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 21:49

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy, having watched this performance tonight, we don't deserve to stay up. We're absolutely awful. So many players are just so poor and we were so open. Spurs should have scored 10.

Ngog, Petrov and Eagles in particular look so bad its unreal. And to be honest Mark Davies although he is a talented footballer, he just doesn't do anything. And the defence looks very ordinary.
It is a shame we don't have Muamba, Holden and Chung Yung Lee available as we would improve a lot for them.

Very depressing being a Bolton fan. We don't deserve to stay up and if we did we'd be even worse next year with so little money available to improve this shower of a team.

44Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 21:55

GOING DOWN GOING DOWN GOING DOWN!

45Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 21:57

They were too good for us in midfield, it's as simple as that. Easy with hindsight I know, but you can't give Spurs time and space which we did for the last 30 minutes. It really needed 5 in midfield.

A must win game against WBA...have we got the bottle for it? Not sure.

46Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 21:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Hater wrote:GOING DOWN GOING DOWN GOING DOWN!

I really don't get what a bolton fan gets out of typing that moments after a very damaging defeat.

unless of course this is an extremely nuanced "troll" that I'm just too thick to understand.

47Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 22:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've not thought that we'd stay up for a long, long time - in fact I'm surprised we are not so far behind points wise that we are not already relegated. If it wasn't for the QPR goal that wasn't given and the Mark Davies penalty against Wolves that was, we would be already down.

Contrary to many I don't think West Brom will roll over for us in our last home game and I don't see us getting much if anything at all from Stoke.

I hope I'm proved wrong and we do some how survive but I can't see it.

We are at the point in needing other teams to lose (and us to find at least a point from somewhere) for us to even have a chance in staying up.

What happened to this 'easiest' of all the teams at the bottom run in?

Where is even the desire to fight and survive?

I've no time for Coyle as a tactician as I'm no doubt you are heartily sick of me saying - but honestly where is Coyle's ability to motivate and get the best out of the team? Can anybody see it, because I can't?

If he can't plan for the game, motivate the players, or even manage to play the players he has bought (!), then what the fuck is he actually doing as our manager?

48Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 22:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The game was basically decided because we couldn't get a goal in that 5-6 minute spell of pressure we had in the second half.

their quick double totally deflated us and all the bad habits came out at once.

Ricketts was totally dominated by Lennon, Bale didn't even need to break a sweat to run past our midfield. And Adebayor, who i was told was "shit" in the summer was clinical.

I thought Josh Vela did very well, first thing i noticed was he passed AND MOVED. He never stood still, i'd be starting him next game if i was manager over Mark Davies who has become Mr Sideways.

It's like Nolan in his dark days, all sideways passes and no movement.

If Coyle played him as a second striker we might get some use out of him but he isn't a CM in a million years, in fact he's a very bad one.

49Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 22:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After we scored we had five minutes of decent pressure and the fans got behind the team but as soon as Spurs broke away we just didn't have the pace to match them.

That's what Wanderers lack, genuine pace. Modric scored a beauty but Mike Dean missed the handball by Van Der Fart. Spurs were the better team of that there is no doubt.

No longer is our destiny in our own hands. If QPR win their remaining two fixtures then we are relegated even if we win both of ours.

Fwiw, I still prefer our run in to theirs. Sunday is a must win to give ourselves a chance against Stoke. WBA are not Spurs so t should be an interesting game.

50Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 22:41

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was worried at 4-1 with 20 minutes left that he'd bring Sordell on. We'd have got hammered.

51Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 22:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think we will see Sordell on the pitch this season. I can't understand why we bought him to be honest. Unless Coyle reckons he can do a job for us in the Championship.

52Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 22:47

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Wow - we suck.

53Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 22:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Klasnic was crap when he came on, overhitting everything he touched. Ryo came on and didn't touch it.

would it kill him to TRY Sordell? I'm sorry but Klasnic has had his period of being "the man"

Ream and Vela only two players who i thought cut the mustard tonight.

54Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 22:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ream had a very good game. Our best player tonight IMO. He made some decent tackles at crucial times and his reading of the game was good. He also won a few headers as well.

55Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 22:56

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:I don't think we will see Sordell on the pitch this season. I can't understand why we bought him to be honest. Unless Coyle reckons he can do a job for us in the Championship.

I said basically the same thing elsewhere in the forum. No other explanation makes any kind of sense to me.

That said, though - the point I anticipated from these two games has already been secured. If the rest of the results I predicted come through, we'll get there - but only just. (Which is enough.)

56Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 23:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was warming up with Klasnic and Myachi but that's about it. It was the same with Tuncay before the January window. How can we justify paying 4 million for someone and not play him ?

57Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 23:01

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I thought we played well in parts. Very well in other parts. Terribly at some points. They are a better team than us all around - faster midfielders, faster strikers, better on the ball - we could not compete when they broke quickly.

The fans were brilliant from 45 mins til the 3rd Spurs goal went in. Even when it went 2-1 the Bolton fans didn't lose heart and continued relentless singing. It was a credit to us that the Spurs fans sang "you're not singing anymore" when it went 3-1. It's very rare that the crowd get behind the team even after going behind.

I thought Eagles was our most dangerous player, Vela looks a great prospect, passing and moving, Reo Coker is getting better and better in my eyes - he does so much work - very pleased with him. Davies was atrocious for most of the 90. It has to be said. (And I don't want some numpty coming on saying "but he did that flick on". FLICK OFF!

58Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 23:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Well I hate to say it but I just can't see another 3 points in us, sounds silly but I may have fancied us more if we had lost 2-1 but 4-1 is really going to fuck the team up IMO

No doubt Spurs were the better team but the 1st goal, yes a clear handball was not dealt with at all and the time Modric had was unacceptable.

I think we may just see our long stint in the premier league pretty much die on Sunday. Sad .......We're just not good enough.

59Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Wed May 02 2012, 23:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Something has to actually go wrong for Coyle to make changes. Top managers can spot a problem and change things before they take their toll. Whilst the side that played tonight was good enough to get a point at a defensively slack Sunderland, it wasn't ever going to cause Tottenham many problems.
That said, we had short periods where we were on top and we didn't play as bad as I expected us to.

I thought Ngog was having an OK game when he got dragged off for Lazy Bastard. I thought Davies should have been brought off but then again I do have a vendetta (he had a better second half than first, but that was no challenge!).

60Bolton 1-4 Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-4 Spurs Thu May 03 2012, 09:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was painful, mainly because everyone knew what the dangers were and despite that we took no measures to deal with breakaways.
Mavies was as responsible as Boyata for the second goal - he just didn't get back and you could see him arriving after the shot was away. Probably for the first too - no closing down.
After that, we should have learned our lesson but clearly it needs at least 7 of our outfield players to be in the opponents box to have any chance of scoring - leaving us wide open to counterattacks,
We all knew it was going to happen so we shouldn't be at all surprised it did.
Had we scored a second when we had them under the cosh it might have worked out better, but I doubt it - we would have undoubtedly continued to pile forward regardless of the inability of our defence to handle pacy counterattacks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum