Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Josh Vela

+2
B.D.P
wanderlust
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Josh Vela - Page 2 Empty Re: Josh Vela Sat Nov 08 2014, 11:10

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:Only applies to playing for England at right back
He is never going to play for England at right back, how about grow a pair and bet .

22Josh Vela - Page 2 Empty Re: Josh Vela Sat Nov 08 2014, 11:20

He needs to bulk up a bit if he's going to play CM for us, as I don't think he's quite quick enough to get away with his build. Great to see these players finally getting a chance though.

23Josh Vela - Page 2 Empty Re: Josh Vela Sat Nov 08 2014, 13:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Barb Dwyer wrote:He's certainly not the answer at right back, where's Joe Riley?

Whatever happened to Riley? I thought he looked quite promising. Still at least Lennon is giving the youngsters a chance.

24Josh Vela - Page 2 Empty Re: Josh Vela Sat Nov 08 2014, 13:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:He's certainly not the answer at right back, where's Joe Riley?

Whatever happened to Riley? I thought he looked quite promising. Still at least Lennon is giving the youngsters a chance.
He's not exactly setting the world on fire at Oxford. Loan expires in January.

The thing with Vela is he's a good footballer with good control and a decent range of passing - not the ideal characteristics for a FB but it's understandable why Lennon tried him there. 
Macnanaman had him in his pocket and I was also surprised that he switched wings after having plenty of success. Vela is probably best as a holding mid but we've got loads of them.

25Josh Vela - Page 2 Empty Re: Josh Vela Sun Nov 09 2014, 12:52

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:
xmiles wrote:

He's not exactly setting the world on fire at Oxford. Loan expires in January.

The thing with Vela is he's a good footballer with good control and a decent range of passing - not the ideal characteristics for a FB but it's understandable why Lennon tried him there. 
Macnanaman had him in his pocket and I was also surprised that he switched wings after having plenty of success. Vela is probably best as a holding mid but we've got loads of them.
Vela has done an excellent job as a stop gap right back but we all know this is not his position.

I have watched Riley on a couple of occasions this season playing for Oxford and has done well in those games. Hopefully the experience and match fitness will stand him in good stead when he returns to us. He has certainly looked the most solid of our young trio of himself, White and Threlkeld. I think we all hope the three develope and have a bright future with us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum