Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jihadi John

+3
B.D.P
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jihadi John Empty Jihadi John Mon Nov 17 2014, 23:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

How on earth could you cut an helpless mans head off?

Done it five times at least now!

Not even as though they've done anything bad themselves except their religion is different to his.

Is it all because some chap wrote a book a thousand years ago and everything in it as to be taken literally, or is it because he's deranged murderer who is barking mad?

I know which I think he is.

2Jihadi John Empty Re: Jihadi John Tue Nov 18 2014, 00:35

I'm not defending this prick for one second now, but hear me out.

I reckon he's some dick who went over there full of piss and vinegar but with little practical understanding of what's actually going on because he's a bit of a naive knob who loves the idea of "fighting the good fight for Radical Islam" and the powers that be in IS spotted him and thought:

"Ah Haa! We've got one! He's English, that'll drive it home and shit 'em up!" and they've bullshitted / coerced him into doing the first one because he wants to please them and before he could think "Oh shit.....what have I done?" he's now in too deep.

So he's thought "Fuck it! In for a penny! And I've no choice because if I suddenly refuse, these fuckers will kill me."

He's a cunt and I'm not defending him, but I do struggle to believe that these kids who grow up in "normal" suburban England are so radicalised before they initially get on that plane that they're prepared to hack some bloke's head off as soon as they get there.

I dunno......I may be wrong.

And before anybody mentions that Michael Adebola wanker, I just think he's mental and Radical Islam gave him an outlet for his mental problems.

Jihadi John might well just be an evil, twisted fucker but I'm really struggling to understand how someone who grew up in England could have been so indoctrinated to the point where they'd do shit like he's done, at home in the UK.

It just doesn't stack up for me without an (un)healthy dose of third world, stone age "real time" indoctrination by the fuckers running IS on the ground.

3Jihadi John Empty Re: Jihadi John Tue Nov 18 2014, 00:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What about these plots to behead people in public that have been foiled recently?

4Jihadi John Empty Re: Jihadi John Tue Nov 18 2014, 10:16

B.D.P

B.D.P
David Lee
David Lee

Brainwashed fools.

That simple really IMO.

5Jihadi John Empty Re: Jihadi John Tue Nov 18 2014, 15:31

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I've never read the Koran or any other holy book for that matter, including the bible, other than what was shoved down my throat while at school but surely it doesn't say you should go around murdering people who don't agree with you? Are they interpreting it wrongly or does it literally say you should do this stuff? It seems to me that every time this happens some guy from a mosque comes out and says their religion is peaceful and misunderstood. Is he lying so he doesn't have his mosque burnt down or are these nutters misunderstanding what they read? I don't know the answer.

6Jihadi John Empty Re: Jihadi John Tue Nov 18 2014, 16:15

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Bwfc1958 wrote:I've never read the Koran or any other holy book for that matter, including the bible, other than what was shoved down my throat while at school but surely it doesn't say you should go around murdering people who don't agree with you? Are they interpreting it wrongly or does it literally say you should do this stuff? It seems to me that every time this happens some guy from a mosque comes out and says their religion is peaceful and misunderstood. Is he lying so he doesn't have his mosque burnt down or are these nutters misunderstanding what they read? I don't know the answer.

I think most if not all religions have "good" content supporting peace and living with non-believers but unfortunately their holy books have enough contradictory nonsense in them for loonies to justify all sorts of atrocities against non-believers.

The major difference between Islam and other religions is that most of the atrocities are being committed by people who believe a nasty primitive version of Islam based on the habits of medieval Arabian tribes. For example the full face veil (niqab) is not a religious requirement as it is not even mentioned in the Quran - it is just a cultural tradition.

So it's more a case of religious extremism being bad rather than religion itself.

7Jihadi John Empty Re: Jihadi John Tue Nov 18 2014, 16:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:I've never read the Koran or any other holy book for that matter, including the bible, other than what was shoved down my throat while at school but surely it doesn't say you should go around murdering people who don't agree with you? Are they interpreting it wrongly or does it literally say you should do this stuff? It seems to me that every time this happens some guy from a mosque comes out and says their religion is peaceful and misunderstood. Is he lying so he doesn't have his mosque burnt down or are these nutters misunderstanding what they read? I don't know the answer.

I think most if not all religions have "good" content supporting peace and living with non-believers but unfortunately their holy books have enough contradictory nonsense in them for loonies to justify all sorts of atrocities against non-believers.

The major difference between Islam and other religions is that most of the atrocities are being committed by people who believe a nasty primitive version of Islam based on the habits of medieval Arabian tribes. For example the full face veil (niqab) is not a religious requirement as it is not even mentioned in the Quran - it is just a cultural tradition.

So it's more a case of religious extremism being bad rather than religion itself.

The Koran has never been accessible to the majority of Muslims as it's in Arabic so your average Pakistani, Turk, Indonesian etc is entirely dependent on a teacher (imam) for interpretation. Pakistani guys I know in Oldham and Accrington etc are taught to recite sections of the Koran "parrot-fashion" and most don't have a clue what it's about. Obviously if an imam has a particular axe to grind or a mission he could tell his flock it means anything and they'd probably be none the wiser.

This parallels the dawn of Protestantism who protested that the Bible should be available to people in their own language (not just Latin) and could therefore draw their own conclusions from the words rather than be dependent on a (usually very rich) priest to tell them what it meant.

All religion follows culture. When Christians came to England they adopted many of the traditional pagan festivals - now recognised as part of the "Christian calendar" and which are not followed in other Christian countries which have incorporated their own festivals, often pagan festivals disguised as Saints days.

Islam is largely driven by cultural morays of the Arabian Peninsula circa 600 AD but whereas other religions have evolved in terms of ceding control to the individual (in theory) the "middle management" of Islam (the imams) are not about to cede control to anyone as the way things are allows them to promote their own agenda and ordinary Muslims don't have much say in what the Koran actually means to them. Questioning the Imam is tantamount to questioning Islam - and in reality, it just doesn't happen.

But I don't think they are any worse off than the millions of ordinary Europeans who have been marched off to die in wars in the name of Christianity - when it was obvious that the real motivation was often wealth and power.

8Jihadi John Empty Re: Jihadi John Tue Nov 18 2014, 17:00

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I was with you all the way on this Wander, until I got to the last paragraph. It got me thinking as to when did we last have an actual religious war? Was it the Crusades, as nearly all others have been, as you say, for power and wealth, or just a plain old land-grab ?

Mind you Henry the Eighth caused a bit of a ruckus when he formed the Church of England.

9Jihadi John Empty Re: Jihadi John Tue Nov 18 2014, 17:09

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:I was with you all the way on this Wander, until I got to the last paragraph. It got me thinking as to when did we last have an actual religious war? Was it the Crusades, as nearly all others have been, as you say, for power and wealth, or just a plain old land-grab ?

Mind you Henry the Eighth caused a bit of a ruckus when he formed the Church of England.

The Thirty Years War (1618-48) is estimated to have reduced the population in the German states by about 25% to 40%. It certainly started as an attempt by Catholic rulers to suppress Protestants.

And didn't the Troubles in Northern Ireland have something to do with religion even if it wasn't a "war"?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum